View Full Version : Halo 3 odst

badblood
09-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I've been playing this game for a few days now and I'm some what disappointed at the lack of a story line.

The graphics and the physics of the game is first class but the game lacks the epic type of story line that made the HALO series so popular.

IwatchBoxing
09-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Its all about online, I dont give a **** about single player, nobody played single player for two years lol

badblood
09-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Its all about online, I dont give a **** about single player, nobody played single player for two years lol

You are incorrect sir. I ALWAYS play the campaign first then I move to the multi player.

IwatchBoxing
09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
You are incorrect sir. I ALWAYS play the campaign first then I move to the multi player.

Last single player FPS I played was Call of Juarez, and I played four or five chapters on Wolfenstein. But the masses want multiplayer out of Halo, so hows the online?

badblood
09-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Last single player FPS I played was Call of Juarez, and I played four or five chapters on Wolfenstein. But the masses want multiplayer out of Halo, so hows the online?

I'm 3 chapters away from finishing the campaign therefore I have not played the multi player as of yet.

Clegg
09-25-2009, 04:32 PM
I almost always do the campaign first, unless it takes me ages in which case I get curious and try online.

I've never played Halo or Halo 2, so the lack of storyline probably won't bother me. I thought Halo 3 was good even though I didn't know who any of the people were.

badblood
09-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I almost always do the campaign first, unless it takes me ages in which case I get curious and try online.

I've never played Halo or Halo 2, so the lack of storyline probably won't bother me. I thought Halo 3 was good even though I didn't know who any of the people were.

The game is worth playing nonetheless.

Infern0
09-25-2009, 06:10 PM
The thing is, the campaign is supposed to be about the little guy, not the god-like master chief. It's like the guys no-one cares about and i think it does it pretty well. I think microsoft could of made it 10 bucks cheaper but overall its a decent package.

$partacus
09-25-2009, 09:14 PM
It's an expansion, charging the price of a new game is a rip off.

Infern0
09-25-2009, 09:59 PM
The thing about ODST is that if you own Halo 3 you rent it, if you dont own halo 3 then you buy it, its that simple.

Still it did 1.5 million pre-orders alone so its going to be another huge seller regardless

$partacus
09-25-2009, 11:53 PM
The thing about ODST is that if you own Halo 3 you rent it, if you dont own halo 3 then you buy it, its that simple.

Still it did 1.5 million pre-orders alone so its going to be another huge seller regardless

It's going to hurt the sales of the next Halo games because a lot of people are disappointed with ODST.

Infern0
09-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Lol if y6ou belive that you are an idiot, as are the people dissapointed with ODST.

All ODST is is a little something to take the hit out of Uncharted 2, nothing more.

bishop2006
09-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Its a good game,Firefight is the ****,imagine when Reach comes out

Ryn0
09-26-2009, 04:14 PM
I bought it today, it's ok. Doesn't warrent a buy at full price especially if you have Halo 3 already with the existing map packs.

The Campaign is WAY to short, im done with it already after playing it through the day. Took about 5-6 hours of solid play. Regardless if you haven't already bought Halo 3 it's a worthwhile purchase.

Uncharted 2 will kick the crap out of this though (as soon as I get my PS3 fixed) The next xbox games I REALLY look forward to is Mass Effect/Alan Wake whichever comes first.

HotSizzle
09-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Is this worth getting? I've never owned any halo game just played a couple times at a friends house but multiplayer looks pretty good.

Infern0
09-26-2009, 07:18 PM
I think its worth getting

Infern0
09-26-2009, 07:18 PM
I bought it today, it's ok. Doesn't warrent a buy at full price especially if you have Halo 3 already with the existing map packs.

The Campaign is WAY to short, im done with it already after playing it through the day. Took about 5-6 hours of solid play. Regardless if you haven't already bought Halo 3 it's a worthwhile purchase.

Uncharted 2 will kick the crap out of this though (as soon as I get my PS3 fixed) The next xbox games I REALLY look forward to is Mass Effect/Alan Wake whichever comes first.

How is that even a comparrison?

Its an expansion pack, if you were comparing uncharted 2 to Halo 4 then that'd make sense but there is no comparrison.

If anything you should be comparing Uncharted to to Gears of war 2 sinse they are simmilar games as a play experience.

IGN scores?

Gears 2, 9.5
Uncharted 2, 9.5

whaddya know?

Grand Champ
09-26-2009, 07:41 PM

That's exactly how I play games myself. Get the basics through singleplayer. Then you can kick ass online.