View Full Version : multi vitamins

Fame08
09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
How does everyone feel about Animal Pak multi vitamins, and also has anyone tried them,if so what were your results. Another things is im trying to lose like 6 pounds that seem not to want to go no where i was thinking about the Animal cut does anyone have anything on that.

JayCoe
09-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Knowing nothing about you here's what I recommend;

- Buy some scales which tell you your body fat. If you're finding it hard to lose those lbs it might be because your weight is mostly muscle.

- Unless you're boxing and want to cut to a particular weight forget about lbs, work on body-fat %. You see, you might go out running, swimming, using the punch bag, doing weights, EVERYTHING and those lbs just don't seem to drop...The reason? You're cutting the fat but replacing it with muscle - which is a good thing. So, hell, you might even gain weight! Doesn't mean you're gaining fat. So, if it's for just health forget about lbs and watch your body-fat %, you'll see that you're doing much better than you think.

- Vitamins you should take. i) Zinc - a MUST, it's great for rebuilding muscle and the immune system, most males are deficient. ii) Calcium - recent reports show that muscle fatigue and lack of growth can come from small leaks of calcium and subsequent calcium deficiency. iii) Vitamin C - General purpose, cleans out the system and helps with fatigue. iiii) B-12 - Good for your blood, heart and brain.

Don't bother with the "multi-vitamins" I never trust them. Just buy it as separate boxes, get a box of zinc and and one of b-12. Drink plenty of milk and eat your good lean meat for your calcium and iron. If you don't think you're getting enough vitamin c then get some of that, you can get it in the fizzy things you put in the water, they're ok. DO NOT over-do the vitamin c, too much results in a flushing of the system causing imbalances with other vitamins and minerals.

Forget about all of these fat-cutting bull**** products, the only way is work. They make millions and millions by advertising crap. Regular exercise, good vitamins, burn more calories than you take in and viola, you'll cut your body fat.

shyboirank#1
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
really good anything that is mulit is good

Phenomkidd
09-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Animal Pak isn't needed, thats for more hardcore lifters. Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men and Controlled Labs Orange Triad are the main two I'd look at.

PAC-BOY
09-25-2009, 11:27 PM
no multi vitamin is bad for you, a complete diet fruits and veggies plus a multi is good. Get your levels checked to see if you're getting to much of the stuff thats not good for you.

TheNegation
09-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Get a whole food Multi. It's easier on the stomach and the body better utilize the nutrients.

Animal Pak, like it's been said, isn't necessary unless you are a hardcore lifter.

MJ406
09-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know what Vitamin B does? obviously heard of it before, but does anyone know its purpose? thanks

**12 hour energy claims to have "B Vitamins for energy" but that was said to be not true.

TheNegation
09-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Does anyone know what Vitamin B does? obviously heard of it before, but does anyone know its purpose? thanks

**12 hour energy claims to have "B Vitamins for energy" but that was said to be not true.

Energy, Stress, Metabolism, CSN function

Spartacus Sully
09-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Theres like 12 diffrent b vitamins

like b6 or b12 or b3 aka niacin

cleaners and energy mainly found in sports type stuff

MJ406
09-26-2009, 04:28 PM
well I've heard of B12 ... and you can even get a B-12 injection I believe.

but pregnant women are not allowed.

Magician
09-26-2009, 08:32 PM
imagine you eatin 100 oranges compared to 100 pills

whats better?

Phenomkidd
09-26-2009, 09:20 PM
What kind of comparison is that, I agree real food are the best way to get nutrients but if you go food to pills, the reason for pills existing is convenience. X Pill = More Amount of Items in Food. Ex: 1 Pill to 10 apples.

Magician
09-26-2009, 09:28 PM
you'd prob be sick when you take the 100 pills

Phenomkidd
09-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah but you wouldn't have too...

You can get sick drinking too much water.
You can get sick eating too much McDonalds.
You can get sick doing too much X.

Whats your point.

MJ406
09-26-2009, 09:48 PM
why would you eat 100 of anything?

that sounds really dumb, excessive and unneccessary.

Magician
09-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Well I agree on eating or drinking excessive amounts. But say if we were talking about a 7'0 man who can intake 100 oranges and 100 pills. The 100 pills wouldn't be so good for him.

Phenomkidd
09-27-2009, 10:38 AM
There wouldn't be a reason do either. But if he was aiming to get as much from the pill as real foods who wouldn't need to take nearly as many pills which is why your argument makes no sense.

Spartacus Sully
09-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Though the 100 pills wouldnt be to good he could atleast get them down where as he would probably end up vomiting after 50 of the oranges

Leakbeak
09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Eat more fruit instead

MarcoNullamento
09-29-2009, 09:48 AM
How does everyone feel about Animal Pak multi vitamins, and also has anyone tried them,if so what were your results. Another things is im trying to lose like 6 pounds that seem not to want to go no where i was thinking about the Animal cut does anyone have anything on that.
I can't judge about the Animal Cuts, but I think the Animal Pak is a little expensive for what you get. I'd just get a regular multi formula if I were you.