View Full Version : Motivation, How can I get it back?!

Palma
03-13-2005, 06:25 PM
I was hoping someone out there could help me with tips on how get motivated. I was training for 9 months straight with weights (4 x per week). I took a break for 3 weeks during the Christmas holiday and ever since then my workouts have gone to crap. I tried to get back into the swing of things, but I found that my motivation level had dropped a lot. It has been 4 months now and I have yet to see the inside of weight room. I thought that if I could at least make for one week straight then I would be able to get over the hump. I am really frustrated cause I was very happy woith the gains I received during the 9 months of consistent training. But now my weight has dropped from 190 to 168. Can anyone help me get my motivation back?

joeboxer
03-13-2005, 06:30 PM
It is always hard to know that you used to be better at something than you are now.
Try a different angle to get your self going again. Try eating super-healthy cut out carbonation, and fast food, take vitamins. Once your pumped up from something else it will be easy to go back, and also when your back into it try not to take any big breaks like that.

Its bad for you but you could try Hydroxycut, if you start taking that then you won't be able to stop working out.

Echojaybird
03-13-2005, 10:46 PM
The hardest part about training is stepping out the front door. Get past that, and motivation will find you.

Echo

leff
03-14-2005, 10:04 AM
well, how did you get it in the first place????

Prospekt
03-15-2005, 11:48 PM
What you should do to get your motivation back is to observe someone who already has your desired results, for me it is watching boxing. Because boxing is my favorite sport and sort of my dream it motivates me to go to the gym 4x a week.

mickst3r
03-16-2005, 12:41 AM
holy sh*t, from 190 to 168? is that right? in 3 weeks? where u on somethiN?

The thing that always gets me motivated is an upcoming fight... like if i know i have a fight in 3 weeks i gotta get goin and training just cuz i dont wanna get my ass kicked. Thats always been my best motivation.

Rick Reeno
03-16-2005, 12:59 AM
You just have to be patient and work hard, I'm in my second week after being out for 8 months. My power has dropped plenty, but I know if I will be even better then when I left because of persistant hard work.

Palma
03-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Thanks to everyone that participated in my thread. I really appreciate the words of advice. I do agree that getting myself off my lazy butt and back into the gym is the first step to solving this dilema. I guess that I have to reevaluate what is important in my life. :)

Palma
03-16-2005, 04:58 PM
holy sh*t, from 190 to 168? is that right? in 3 weeks? where u on somethiN?

The thing that always gets me motivated is an upcoming fight... like if i know i have a fight in 3 weeks i gotta get goin and training just cuz i dont wanna get my ass kicked. Thats always been my best motivation.

I lost the weight within the four months of inactivity. keeping weight on has always been a big problem for me. I am 33 years old now and my weight is fluctuating between 165 -168 LBS.I think I am underweight cause I am about 6'1. The heaviest I have been was 190. That was before the Christmas break. The only supplement I was taking during the 9 months of training was protein powder. I thought about creatine, but I had read that it only blows you up with H2o. Is that true?

phallus
03-17-2005, 03:19 AM
I lost the weight within the four months of inactivity. keeping weight on has always been a big problem for me. I am 33 years old now and my weight is fluctuating between 165 -168 LBS.I think I am underweight cause I am about 6'1. The heaviest I have been was 190. That was before the Christmas break. The only supplement I was taking during the 9 months of training was protein powder. I thought about creatine, but I had read that it only blows you up with H2o. Is that true?

yeah, you'll retain a lot of water on creatine ( he ha, just like a girl ) but it gives u a hardon to work out longer and harder, as soon as u go off the creatine u'll lose the water. my buddy made some stupid gains on creatine, his bench jumped up from around 175 / 180 to over 200, he said he felt a lot stronger, and he was a fat lazy ****. u might keep the strength though, after the h20 goes

Palma
03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
yeah, you'll retain a lot of water on creatine ( he ha, just like a girl ) but it gives u a hardon to work out longer and harder, as soon as u go off the creatine u'll lose the water. my buddy made some stupid gains on creatine, his bench jumped up from around 175 / 180 to over 200, he said he felt a lot stronger, and he was a fat lazy ****. u might keep the strength though, after the h20 goes

Damn! that's amazing!
I am sold! Which form is better, the powder or pill? Can you reccomend a brand of creatine? Is there a difference or are they all the same?

thanks,

bombshell
03-17-2005, 09:13 AM
motivation is always right there, you need to focused in what your goal will be place. you need a partner to uplift you and give a hand,dicipline is the most important...if you having lay-low in past few days,weeks...you must be prepared in any consiquences...focus and dicipline would help a lot... :)

Echojaybird
03-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Another is to train with someone who's strength is your weakness. Having a training partner helps a lot in the motivational field.

Echo

phallus
03-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Damn! that's amazing!
I am sold! Which form is better, the powder or pill? Can you reccomend a brand of creatine? Is there a difference or are they all the same?

thanks,

he took the powder, i don't know what kind it was because he put it into another container right after he got it, i suspect he used isolated creatine - that seems to be the better stuff, i don't think the brand matters too much

boxerman
03-23-2005, 01:01 AM
Creatine Monohydrate is creatine monohydrate. Same stuff in different brands. However, they may pre mix it with a sugar substance that supposedly helps your body to absorb it.

Dont look for astounding gains though. Its definetly better than nothing. Oh and you will evidentually lose the " edge " you feel when taking hydroxycut. Your body just gets used to it, but taking more than recommended becomes dangerous.

joeboxer
03-23-2005, 01:40 AM
Creatine Monohydrate is creatine monohydrate. Same stuff in different brands. However, they may pre mix it with a sugar substance that supposedly helps your body to absorb it.

Dont look for astounding gains though. Its definetly better than nothing. Oh and you will evidentually lose the " edge " you feel when taking hydroxycut. Your body just gets used to it, but taking more than recommended becomes dangerous.

That's not true. First off the choices are between liquid, powder and pill, I actually prefer liquid because you can keep it in your fridge as long as you want. No expiration date.

Second each powder has a different amount of creatine in it, none of them are 100 percent creatine.

Sweat
03-24-2005, 04:19 PM
What are the side effects of Creatine? Is it like steroids?