View Full Version : Is it worth training on a bad diet

Bobby Shaw
09-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Guys if you are eating dog food (I mean junk) is it any good for you to go out jogging and training because you still put on the fat?

Spartacus Sully
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
if your still gaining the fat that just means that you should be running more not give up

IcedBlood
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
if your still gaining the fat that just means that you should be running more not give up

I agree with this but why train if your not going to give it a 110%? Your never going to be at your best and you'll never feel fully satisfied with what you achieve. IMO train now but make it your first priorty to get your diet sorted.

Spartacus Sully
09-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I agree with this but why train if your not going to give it a 110%? Your never going to be at your best and you'll never feel fully satisfied with what you achieve. IMO train now but make it your first priorty to get your diet sorted.

nah just train harder if your training hard enough you can even burn 13000 calories like phelps or goku

IcedBlood
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
nah just train harder if your training hard enough you can even burn 13000 calories like phelps or goku

Imagine what could be achieved if training harder on a proper diet though. What are this guys aims? To lose weight? Boxing training? Personal gains?

Spartacus Sully
09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
yeah but if your exerciseing enough to burn 13000 calories your a beast

i mean if your only reason for exercisisng is solely to lose weight then sure you should diet in combination with it, but it all other cases just train harder

josh-hill
09-24-2009, 02:45 PM
depends where you want to get. no point aiming high if yor not going to try. but if you just enjoy it why not still train then agian anyone serious enough to be on here should probably be eating well

IcedBlood
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
yeah but if your exerciseing enough to burn 13000 calories your a beast

i mean if your only reason for exercisisng is solely to lose weight then sure you should diet in combination with it, but it all other cases just train harder

I don't mean diet as in eat less calories, i mean sort out your diet and stop eating junk food. Replace with healthy foods and you'll notice better gains no matter what your target is. If you switch from eating junk to eating 3 healthy meals per day and snacking on peanuts or fruit you can lose weight without having to train, depending on how bad your diet was in the first place. I don't mean eat salad 3 times a day I mean proper meals. At breakfast have porridge with mixed nuts and raisans, for your lunch have a jacket potato with tuna in it and for dinner have chicken, fish etc with pasta or potatoes.

If your training for muscle gain you'll notice BIG gains if you sot out your diet, you'll move up in the weights much faster and you'll get alot less fatigued and notice your stamina increasing. Sure if you continue to eat crap you'll still make gains but they'll be slow as hell and you'll definitely not be able to last as long in the gym.

For me, my diet is just as important as my training. No point in 1 without the other.

Richie-G
09-24-2009, 04:33 PM

lol goku :rofl::rofl:

RightCross94
09-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Your training isn't just gym work and running. It's also diet and recovery, as well as being mentally ready. You wont be able to give it all in the gym or on the running track if you are eating **** everyday.

MANGLER
09-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Nah, that's defeatin the purpose.

shyboirank#1
09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
WTF...what kind of question is this

Spartacus Sully
09-25-2009, 05:09 AM
I don't mean diet as in eat less calories, i mean sort out your diet and stop eating junk food. Replace with healthy foods and you'll notice better gains no matter what your target is. If you switch from eating junk to eating 3 healthy meals per day and snacking on peanuts or fruit you can lose weight without having to train, depending on how bad your diet was in the first place. I don't mean eat salad 3 times a day I mean proper meals. At breakfast have porridge with mixed nuts and raisans, for your lunch have a jacket potato with tuna in it and for dinner have chicken, fish etc with pasta or potatoes.

If your training for muscle gain you'll notice BIG gains if you sot out your diet, you'll move up in the weights much faster and you'll get alot less fatigued and notice your stamina increasing. Sure if you continue to eat crap you'll still make gains but they'll be slow as hell and you'll definitely not be able to last as long in the gym.

For me, my diet is just as important as my training. No point in 1 without the other.

Of course you should have your 3 square meals im just saying you can still have alittle extra butter or salt on corn or mayo in your tuna or cimmon sugar on your bagle, twinkies before bed, half a microwave pizza between b-fast and lunch, 2 marie calendars chiken pot pies instead of just 1 serving for a snack, butter and gravy on your mashed potatoes ect. and train hard enough to burn it all off.

If you really like eating like that and you find that you dont really go anywhere on the scales your happy wiht how you look and you keep improving then why would you want to change anything. i mean food is a big part of my life with out it id just be dead im not going to give up enjoying it so i can be more chiseled, and to assume that i would be able to improve faster or recover more quickly because im not eating extra fuel would be a huge misnomer.

lanzarote
09-25-2009, 05:16 AM
i mean food is a big part of my life with out it id just be dead im not going to give up enjoying it so i can be more chiseled

Food is a big part of my life but 90% CLEAN healthy food.

I DO want the chiseled look so eating the right way is a no brainer.

Its how you look at it.To me these days food is fuel for the body.

I read a great line from zig ziglar."you wouldn't feed a million dollar race horse burgars & chips & soda"

or something like that.

Message was you only get one body so treat it right.

Spartacus Sully
09-25-2009, 05:33 AM
thats good and all but

Is it worth training on a bad diet?

worth what? all i make out of this is hey im sitting on my ass eating lots of crap should i keep doing that of should i get up and train? of course you should get up and train. even if your going to keep eating crap atleast your doing something

"you wouldn't feed a million dollar race horse burgars & chips & soda"

you know how much horses eat, of course you wouldnt feed them that youd be broke after the first week, hay is much more economical.

IcedBlood
09-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Yeh it's beter for you to get up and train that sit on your ass and stuff your face, but realistically if you want to go far in any sport you need to hav a decent diet. If this guys saying "I eat **** should I maybe exercise a bit to balance it" then yeh I agree go out and train. But if he's saying "I eat **** and I want to box" if your not willing to make sacrafices then why bother taking up the sport?

Spartacus Sully
09-25-2009, 06:15 AM
Yeh it's beter for you to get up and train that sit on your ass and stuff your face, but realistically if you want to go far in any sport you need to hav a decent diet. If this guys saying "I eat **** should I maybe exercise a bit to balance it" then yeh I agree go out and train. But if he's saying "I eat **** and I want to box" if your not willing to make sacrafices then why bother taking up the sport?

Logically that makes complete sense but im still haning on to the hope that if i can maintain my 6000 calorie diet and acquire a 8 or 10 pack while im at it i might just go super sayian.

#1Assassin
09-25-2009, 07:17 AM
im a all or nothing type of guy myself. when i commit im like marvin hagler, then i might hurt a hand, take a week of from boxing and turn into sam peter.

Boxer1590
09-25-2009, 07:35 AM
I'm assuming it is better than following a bad diet and NOT training.

Bobby Shaw
09-26-2009, 11:57 AM
WTF...what kind of question is this
If someone is eating rubbish food,should they continue training or it's a waste of time.Assume you have been training all your life but now you are eating junk food and you cant really change the food for maybe a couple of months or weeks to come.Should you continue training or training is a waste of time in that situation?

shogunn
09-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Compare Hopkins at 44 compared to Julio Cesar Chavez at 46, or even Aaerola, juan Diaz in their 20's. Bhop takes his diet very seriously and it shows.

I was watching Hard Knocks, and Chad Johnson said he eats mcdonalds 3 times a day, i think 7 times a week. He is lean and his body is ripped. He said it's all excercise, but it's probably genetics. I dont understand how he does this. Im curious to see how his body would look if he ate a healthy diet, or if he's just lying.

Spartacus Sully
09-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Compare Hopkins at 44 compared to Julio Cesar Chavez at 46, or even Aaerola, juan Diaz in their 20's. Bhop takes his diet very seriously and it shows.

I was watching Hard Knocks, and Chad Johnson said he eats mcdonalds 3 times a day, i think 7 times a week. He is lean and his body is ripped. He said it's all excercise, but it's probably genetics. I dont understand how he does this. Im curious to see how his body would look if he ate a healthy diet, or if he's just lying.

weather or not his body looks diffrent i say he would be less skillful because he wouldnt feel the need to train as hard. i doubt he eats mc donalds but he probably eats alot of junk. i mean if you get aleast 3000cal of good stuff you should be good assuming your burning off everything else. i mean even bagels have 9 g of protein ice cream has protein, twinkies probably even have protein. i bet mc donalads has alot of protein it would probably be quite easy eating at mc donalads and eating your body weight in protein not to mention all the fuel he gets along with it.

Leakbeak
09-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Stupid question! Of course there's still a point in training even if you have a bad diet. It's like asking if there's any point quitting smokes even if you drink too much alcohol. Although you would obviously benefit more from the training by improving your diet at the same time, the training alone will give you numerous benefits. I'll suggest adding some greens to your diet at least, if you can't quit all the junk food straight away

shogunn
09-26-2009, 04:59 PM
weather or not his body looks diffrent i say he would be less skillful because he wouldnt feel the need to train as hard. i doubt he eats mc donalds but he probably eats alot of junk. i mean if you get aleast 3000cal of good stuff you should be good assuming your burning off everything else. i mean even bagels have 9 g of protein ice cream has protein, twinkies probably even have protein. i bet mc donalads has alot of protein it would probably be quite easy eating at mc donalads and eating your body weight in protein not to mention all the fuel he gets along with it.

the cameras showed him eating mcdonalds and he said he ate it 3x a day.

But normally eating that type of food with as much sodium, fat, and bad carbs it has, would make a normal person feel sluggish. Maybe his metabloism is that much better, but Id think he'd be better off eating healthy.

Bobby Shaw
09-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Stupid question! Of course there's still a point in training even if you have a bad diet. It's like asking if there's any point quitting smokes even if you drink too much alcohol. Although you would obviously benefit more from the training by improving your diet at the same time, the training alone will give you numerous benefits. I'll suggest adding some greens to your diet at least, if you can't quit all the junk food straight away
It's not as easy as that Mr.
When you train you burn calories and your metabolism increases as well.naturally that means a bigger appetite and you gonna be taking the wrong food in again and probably more.The net result is what matters because it appears like you will be putting in what you had taken out.The smoking thing is different because it affects different parts of the body than alcohol.

A normal man needs 1500 calories for his body not to get into starvation mode a day but burns 2000 without excercise.If you eat 1500 cal you gonna lose weight without exercise.If you exercise however you will burn more calories but you will eat more calories as well from your increased appetite so what is not clear is the balance. I've heard some burgers contain more than 3000 calories.This is where my question was and I thought this place having people who actually train I would get advice not insults.

Spartacus Sully
09-26-2009, 06:49 PM
well its like this you start exerciseig and you have a cliff bar or a bagel before and you go to the gym for an hour and you come home and finish off your day your not that much more hungry. youd have to be running 3 hours straight to get so hungry that your eating just for energy. i mean if your just hitting the gym 4 times a week for like an hour you can control your appatite enough that the increased amount of exercise wont make you that much more hungry. especially if you eat somethign alittle filling alittle while before hand weather it be macdonalds or a peice of fruit.