Does anyone else think that this title match hasn't
been earned,if calzaghe can't find a big fight he should
look towards a rematch with reid(who lost to calzaghe back
in 1999 via close points dec.)Magee lost to reid last year
and somehow landed a title shot.I can't find a good win in
the magee win column can anyone else?

Craig#1
03-12-2005, 09:06 PM
i think Calzaghe will defend his title with ease and i feel he should look at someone like Beyer which would be an interesting fight.

cornerman
03-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Calzaghie should win this one easily, the Super Middle division is pretty sparse of talent, IMHO the only person who is any danger to Calzaghie is Lacy, however i dont think he is ready to fight Joe yet, just look at their respective showing against Omar Sheika.
As for Calzaghie giving a rematch to Reid i dont think that there is any chance of that seen as Reid has been looking for one for the last 5 years with no sucess.
I think Calzagie's best option now would be to move up to Light Heavy and challenge either Johnson, Tarver or even Woods.
Does anyone really believe that Joe will go to Germany to fight Veit, a guy that he has allready knocked out in the first round?

Craig#1
03-13-2005, 12:05 PM
if calzaghe were to win against Magee which i think he will and he goes on to fight Lacy i think Lacy could beat him cause i think Calzaghe will start to show a bit of wera and tear as advancing age starts to kick in. ;)

FourPunchCombo
03-13-2005, 02:35 PM
If Magee had a better chin, he would have a shot. Fact is, Robin Reid beat his ass from pillar to post. Even though Calzaghe is fading, he should have enuff to beat Magee.

number6
03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
I personally think that calzaghe will win via
easy points win

arhoihoi
03-14-2005, 03:03 AM
I personally think that calzaghe will win via
easy points win

green will KO CALZAGHE

Toller
03-14-2005, 05:37 AM
title shot? it's only the WBO. Calzaghe has still to win a legitimate world title.

number6
03-14-2005, 12:01 PM
green will KO CALZAGHE

Maybe,but i can't see this fight taking place.Calzaghe
may go for woods at light heavyweight after the magee
fight.

the giant one
03-14-2005, 12:19 PM
i think Calzaghe will defend his title with ease and i feel he should look at someone like Beyer which would be an interesting fight.

the only way that fight becomes interesting is if its in Germany. Then the judging becomes the wildcard

Martin (Top Knowledge)
03-15-2005, 11:08 AM
This is a crap fight!... Calzaghe should fight the best out there!... And Brian Magee is definatly no that!

dcgun
03-16-2005, 03:56 AM
Calzaghe beats McGee easily against another C- fighter.
Calzaghe will lose against a B grade fighter, if he ever steps up to fight one. After the weekend I'd favour both Greem and Beyer to beat Calzaghe.

RUDDY
03-16-2005, 04:57 AM
I see this fight as being a boring 1 sided points win for Calzaghe, after this fight he should step up or have a unification fight with one of the other belt holders. Anything else would be a waste of time.

FourPunchCombo
03-16-2005, 09:36 AM
CalSlappy has been slipping. His window of opportunity has been shrinking fight after fight. If Magee aint the guy to beat him, someone soon will.

Sinatra.Jr
03-17-2005, 02:51 AM
Maybe,but i can't see this fight taking place.Calzaghe
may go for woods at light heavyweight after the magee
fight.

I also watch that match too. :)