View Full Version : Abs

Jordee-G
09-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Yo ive been doing sit ups for a while and ab exersisez and im after a 6 pack i have a bit of body fat and i have a 2 pack and the line that goes down im on a diet and doing exersize, any tips? thanks.

COYS
09-22-2009, 04:15 PM
if your doin plenty ab exercising and your holding a bit of body fat id recommend doing plenty of cardio. the cardio is going to help burn away the body fat a show them abs you've been working hard on.

Jordee-G
09-22-2009, 04:18 PM
But Cardio hurts my knee's and i cant sprint ... is there anything else you reccomend or is that it?

mathed
09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
But Cardio hurts my knee's and i cant sprint ... is there anything else you reccomend or is that it?

Yeah, swim for at least half an hour steady. Do laps or sets of laps if you need a breather; ever see any fat surfers?

IcedBlood
09-22-2009, 06:29 PM
This is coming from a friend of mine who I'm nearly 100% certain is on gear so don't take this as gospel because he's trying to tell me he's not on it and I think he's lying so he may well be lying about this as well. But he has a very ripped stomach and claims that he doesn't do sit-ups cause there s***. He does hanging stomach crunches. Honestly if you seen this guys stomach and believed he's not on roids you'd be running to do hanging stomach crunches right now. Only reason I don't is because I HATE ANY FORM OF STOMACH (AB) EXERCISES WITH A PASSION!

Dyl-G
09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
This is coming from a friend of mine who I'm nearly 100% certain is on gear so don't take this as gospel because he's trying to tell me he's not on it and I think he's lying so he may well be lying about this as well. But he has a very ripped stomach and claims that he doesn't do sit-ups cause there s***. He does hanging stomach crunches. Honestly if you seen this guys stomach and believed he's not on roids you'd be running to do hanging stomach crunches right now. Only reason I don't is because I HATE ANY FORM OF STOMACH (AB) EXERCISES WITH A PASSION!

you have hyped it up to the point where i wanna see pics.:eek:

I3C727
09-22-2009, 10:16 PM
don't do the same ab exercises every day.

JayCoe
09-24-2009, 07:59 PM
To be honest i'm after building up my abs too. Two reasons, i) looks good for the girls ii) they're actually very important for protecting your body from punches. A good set of abs will act like armour! Problem im having is we don't do loads and loads at training and i'm knackered after and daren't before, so although I always want to there's only a few nights I can for now.

As the guy above said, don't do the same each night.

For abs there's 3 parts; i) Transverse Abdominal ii) Rectus Abdominal (these are the 6 you see) and iii) Oblique Abdominal. For a good six pack you HAVE to train ALL three. Most people are idiots and only train the Rectus Abdominal because these are the 6 blocks which come through. However, the obliques are what bring them out and also form those lines near your pelvic area. The transverse abs basically hold them all together.

Transverse excises;

i) Lie on your back, hands under your lower back for support. Lift your legs up out straight off the ground, hold for 10 at 6 inches, 10 at 45 degree and then 10 at 90 degree. Repeat 3-4 times, then rest.

ii) Do the same as previous but hold your legs at 6 inches! Hold for 15, then open and close for 10-20. Then up and down for 10-20, finish off by holding for 10 seconds.

I hate doing the transverse ones, I always find those exercises hurt the most of the three ab exercises.

Rectus Abdominal

i) Sit ups, ii) crunches iii) flat leg sit ups iiii) pike sit ups (if you hold your legs up at 6 inches between sit ups you can double up as transverse).

Obliques

i) Twisted crunches ii) Sit up twists.

On top of that you need a good body fat %. Big abs but too much fat = good abs but no 6 pack.

If you don't like cardio' because your knees hurt you have to do low impact cardio such as using a trampoline (properly, not ***ging around on it) or swimming.