View Full Version : Equipment for boxing gym

Geogoreya
09-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi guys, maybe next i'm going to set up a boxing gym. what equipment is necessary for the gym (what i mean is the quantity and brand) and also what small thing should i buy also (for example jump rope etc..)

thanks, all answer are appreciated

Alexandros
09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
speed bag, double end there are two kinds, heavy bag light and heavy, sandbag, bob and weave ropes, slip-bag, uppercut bag, mitts, gloves, hand weights, jumprope, a ring, headgear, mouthguard, groin guard... etc......

TheNegation
09-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Is this a personal gym or are you actually opening a business?

Joachim
09-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Good trainers.

RightHooker
09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
The quantiy will depend on how much space you have and the brand will depend on how much money you initially have to set it up.

You'll need a ring area. Doesn't have to be a big official ring on a raised platform. Just a properly sized area with ring posts secured to the ground and ropes strung around.

Heavy bags

Speed bag

Double end bag

An electronic timer

Hand pads and body protector

Bag gloves, headgear, foul protector and sparring gloves for people who don't have their own to use

Big mirror

Some sort of cd player/radio or ipod dock for music

Skipping ropes

Handwraps. Get a few pairs for beginners to use their first few times, and then have a bunch of new ones for people to buy once they decide they like it.

I'll think of more later. I have to go to my gym now lol.

K Larsen
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
The quantiy will depend on how much space you have and the brand will depend on how much money you initially have to set it up.

You'll need a ring area. Doesn't have to be a big official ring on a raised platform. Just a properly sized area with ring posts secured to the ground and ropes strung around.

Heavy bags

Speed bag

Double end bag

An electronic timer

Hand pads and body protector

Bag gloves, headgear, foul protector and sparring gloves for people who don't have their own to use

Big mirror

Some sort of cd player/radio or ipod dock for music

Skipping ropes

Handwraps. Get a few pairs for beginners to use their first few times, and then have a bunch of new ones for people to buy once they decide they like it.

I'll think of more later. I have to go to my gym now lol.
All of this. If you have the money. If not start of with a heavy bag, double end bag, and a speed bag.

Geogoreya
09-22-2009, 10:12 PM
thanks for your suggestion, actually i'm opening it for business. maybe for 10 boxer training at once