Wilfred Benitez
Oscar De La Hoya
Felix Trinidad
Ayub Kalule
Julian Jackson
Fernando Vargas
Julio Cesar Vasquez
Laurent Boudouani

Can't think of anyone else at the mo...if I do I'll edit it.

BigMacFoster
09-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Sugar Ray Leonard had just two noteworthy fights at 154 and his record is 1-1.

Obviously you think you are clever because you listed Laurent Boudouani understanding he held such a title for almost three years.

Have you ever actually watched any of his fights? To determine just how good he was,Or are you once again resigned to looking up his career highlights on boxrec?

Your list sucks and so do you,You Prick.

1SILVA
09-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Thomas Hearns
Terry Norris
Mike McCallum
Sugar Ray Leonard
Winky Wright
Wilfred Benitez
Oscar De La Hoya
Felix Trinidad
Ayub Kalule
Julian Jackson
Fernando Vargas
Julio Cesar Vasquez
Laurent Boudouani

Can't think of anyone else at the mo...if I do I'll edit it.

Nino Benvenuti belongs on the upper echelon of that list. I agree with Hearns being number one.

Stoppage
09-20-2009, 08:10 PM
A lot of the boxers you named weren't generally light-middleweights. And how can Sugar Ray Leonard be on that list? He had one big fight in the division and he was way past his prime and lost.

Obama
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
You can add Emile Griffith to that list. He officially won the World title, defended it, and had plenty of Middleweight fights weighing in as a JMW anyways. The reason quite simply being that there was no glory to be had in the JMW division at the time.

GJC
09-21-2009, 08:33 AM
A lot of the boxers you named weren't generally light-middleweights. And how can Sugar Ray Leonard be on that list? He had one big fight in the division and he was way past his prime and lost.
It is very much a passing through kind of division in my view, something welters pick up on the way up to MW.
I like Hearns at this weight and McCallum looked very impressive at LMW too.

Benncollinsaad
09-21-2009, 09:42 AM

Not true. He beat Kalule for the WBA title in 1981, I believe.

Benncollinsaad
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM

Obviously you think you are clever because you listed Laurent Boudouani understanding he held such a title for almost three years.

Have you ever actually watched any of his fights? To determine just how good he was,Or are you once again resigned to looking up his career highlights on boxrec?

I HAVE watched two of his fights prick. Not too many available out there. Seen the one against Norris and the one against Vasquez. Both impressive performances.

Yori Boy Campas should probably be on that list, but I had my second thoughts about him. He did lose to many of the best JMWs in his era, Vargas, DLH, Santos, Carr...but he was one of the top 10 in the late 90's and early 00's definitely. And the guys I mentioned are all ex-wws except for Vargas.

GJC
09-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Not true. He beat Kalule for the WBA title in 1981, I believe.
Kalule was a good win, but is the only fight you could really count for Leonard.

Obama
09-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Yori Boy Campas should probably be on that list

:nonono:

1SILVA
09-21-2009, 04:47 PM

Boudouani twice received gift decisions against Guillermo Jones

Benncollinsaad
09-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Boudouani twice received gift decisions against Guillermo Jones

Nope, he received only one decision and one draw against Jones.;)

mickey malone
09-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Former Japanese & World champ, Koichi Wajima is worth a mention.. He was WBA champ throughout most of the 70's, & was a hard punching all action fighter..

I'd also suggest that Tony Ayala would have made that list, had he not been a total cunt..

GJC
09-23-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd also suggest that Tony Ayala would have made that list, had he not been a total cunt..

LOL
I love the use of the "total"

1SILVA
09-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Nope, he received only one decision and one draw against Jones.;)

Yes, I know. The point I was making was that Jones was robbed twice against him. Boudouani retained the 154 title in both fights, even though Jones clearly beat him both time. Two of the worst decisions of that time frame

Bushidō
09-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Does Mosley count

Bushidō
09-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Actually I don't rememeber a big win he had at 154

1SILVA
09-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Actually I don't rememeber a big win he had at 154

His 2nd fight against De La Hoya

Benncollinsaad
09-23-2009, 04:34 PM
His 2nd fight against De La Hoya

That wasn't a win, duh! It was a blatant highway robbery.

Obama
09-23-2009, 11:12 PM
That wasn't a win, duh! It was a blatant highway robbery.

DLH shoulda won by 2 pts. Far from highway robbery.