View Full Version : getting back into it

monsterandmachine
03-11-2005, 04:25 PM
I used to box and to martial arts but I stopped about 5 years ago. I stopped working out too. I walk several miles a day though. I am 24, about 6' and 170 lbs. I am pretty lean everywhere except my stomach is a little bit bigger than it used to be.

I just bought a weight bench and I started lifting again. Basically, I want to bulk up a bit, but I want to look lean, expecially in my stomach. I am a little confused as to what kind of workout routine and what exercises I should be doing. I would like to get my weight up to about 180-190 lbs. Can someone suggest a routine for building some mass but keeping lean, with only home gym equipment? Also, what I have right now is a bench that inclines and has leg extendors, a barbell, some dumbells, and some iron weights. Is there anything else for home gym equipment that I should get? Thanks...trying to piece all this together is pretty overwhelming and I woulod rather get the advice from people who knows more about it than I do.

XionComrade
03-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Personally to burn fat I do about 50-100reps of squats or leg extensions, gotta buildup the leg muscles though, the bigger they are when you do that the beter it will burn fat! Just remember it is impossible to burn fat just from one part of your body, oh yeah, stop walking and start running for one :P :boxing:

monsterandmachine
03-11-2005, 10:31 PM
yeah I will start running. I normally do, but it is very icy here in the winter. I walk VERY fast though...
What kind of work-out routine should I be doinbg ie: excercises, body parts on each day etc...???

Cre_Ace
03-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Alot of boxers have a bibble routine, but all I need to do is Jog, lift 15 pound weights 4x50 in both arms, I do diamond push-ups, and 100 sit ups every 2 days, when all the parts stop hurting, I do all that again. simple.

Tha Greatest
03-13-2005, 12:19 AM
Alot of boxers have a bibble routine, but all I need to do is Jog, lift 15 pound weights 4x50 in both arms, I do diamond push-ups, and 100 sit ups every 2 days, when all the parts stop hurting, I do all that again. simple.

what the **** they teachin u at ur gym?
how to train to fight a strawweight?
thats how a 5 year old trains

Cre_Ace
03-13-2005, 12:27 AM
You following me ? I can't post in peace without you on my salty balls. I'm not in a certain division where I have to maintain a certain weight. I'm over 201 = Super Heavy Weight. Ya who are below have to be in a more strict diet and routines. And that's just my home workout, not Gym workout you numb skull.

Tha Greatest
03-13-2005, 12:36 AM
You following me ? I can't post in peace without you on my salty balls. I'm not in a certain division where I have to maintain a certain weight. I'm over 201 = Super Heavy Weight. Ya who are below have to be in a more strict diet and routines. And that's just my home workout, not Gym workout you numb skull.

hahaha
i said this earlier b4 ur last post

i thought that was ur gym routine
whats ur gym routine look like?

Rockin'
03-13-2005, 12:37 AM

I was just wondering if there were any other people that you were going to ktfo. And by the look of your picture I would recommend adding more running and sit ups and less kentucky fried chicken.....Rockin'

Tha Greatest
03-13-2005, 12:45 AM

Just to let u know, running isnt only to lose weight, u notice how lot of heavyweights neglect running today, and how dead their division is, back in the day they all used to run and be dominant. Running is great for conditioning, if u dont got gas, then all ur skills power speed goes to waste.

Cre_Ace
03-13-2005, 12:57 AM
Running also builds stamina, i do jog. But I play 3 football games every Sunday, because I'm also nice in football. Put joggin is boring. I love KFC MAN.

mickst3r
03-16-2005, 12:18 AM
joggin joggin joggin... add resistance to ur ab routine... work with a partner, as ur performing a situp pass a 10-15 lb medinine ball to hima and have him throw it back so that it lands on ur stomach while ur on the way down...

i love that excercise