View Full Version : how to improve conditioning of the muscles right above my ass?

Slipx
03-10-2005, 07:33 PM
i jog about 4 mi/day

after the 2nd mile i get this intense pain right above my ass. it feels like I'm stretching improperly or doing something wrong. usually i just deal with the pain but as my runs are getting longer and longer it is starting to become an issue.

anyone know an exercise to strengthen these muscles, besides backwards situps on that thing at health clubs,? or a better stretch to completely stretch the muscle?

the only really back stretch i do is i sit down, put my left leg over my right leg, twist torso to left and stretch,then vice versa..."gotta be a better way" ..as hagler says

Dyl-G
03-10-2005, 07:51 PM
i think squats kinda helps with those muscles theres this website that you can look at the anatomy and the excersis it should help

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

boxer2k5
03-10-2005, 09:28 PM
your boyfriend thinks your ass is a lil too booty licious

badonkadonk

naw jsut do your squats watch what u eat and run
if you do total body workouts everything will fall into place

leff
03-13-2005, 12:07 PM
i jog about 4 mi/day

after the 2nd mile i get this intense pain right above my ass. it feels like I'm stretching improperly or doing something wrong. usually i just deal with the pain but as my runs are getting longer and longer it is starting to become an issue.

anyone know an exercise to strengthen these muscles, besides backwards situps on that thing at health clubs,? or a better stretch to completely stretch the muscle?

the only really back stretch i do is i sit down, put my left leg over my right leg, twist torso to left and stretch,then vice versa..."gotta be a better way" ..as hagler says

i feel the same pain sometimes but i dont know how to cure it.

arhoihoi
03-14-2005, 04:15 AM
i think squats kinda helps with those muscles theres this website that you can look at the anatomy and the excersis it should help

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

nice thx alot

joeboxer
03-14-2005, 04:33 AM
I want to make fun of you sooo god damn bad right now. But I can't, I won't it is just too ez.

Pinoy_Texan
03-14-2005, 04:15 PM
If its your lower back you can do back extensions.
What you do is lay flat on your stomach then flex your ass then raise your legs and torso slowly at the same time. I wish I could provide illustrations but I can't find any.

m00ks
03-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Switch positions :D

Prospekt
03-16-2005, 12:55 AM
You should try to do deadlifts, it will strengthen your lower back and help eliminate the problem.

mickst3r
03-16-2005, 12:58 AM
i would think that pain would be coming from a technique problem... u may be too hunched over/leaning too far over while running... u could get it ur form n **** checked out at ur local running shoe store...

but aigh... dead lifts work the lower back like a mother

Slipx
05-04-2005, 09:17 PM
i feel the same pain sometimes but i dont know how to cure it.

i found how to solve the cramping of em.

I was watching the Judah/Spinks II bout. The staredown, judah walks up and is bouncing while swiveling his torso mid-air from side-to-side, to me it appeared he was stretching those muscles I was talking about above ur ass

so I tried it out about a month ago..before i ran i just jumped up and down and violently swiveled my torso to the limit on each side, and then ran, for about 1 min. and experienced much less cramping...try that..