View Full Version : So I bought a PS3 today....

johnm is...
09-17-2009, 10:31 PM
And I'm looking for your opinions on "must have" games. I already got FNR4, and I'm sure I'll be playing it most of the time, but what are some forum favorites for you guys? Thanks in advance.

-Hyperion-
09-17-2009, 11:05 PM
I''l list some by genre:

FPS: Killzone 2.......
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z234/Masakah/Killzone2-1.gif

and wait for Modern Warfare 2

Adventure: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

and the sequel is coming up soon(Uncharted 2 has been gettin' praise and hype from everyone who's played it)

http://tostaogames.com/wp-content/uploads/uncharted_2_among_thieves.jpg

Platformer: Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.....sequel (A Crack in Time) coming soon.

http://www.juegomania.org/Ratchet+&+Clank:+A+Crack+in+Time/foto/ps3/0/544/754238.jpg/Foto+Ratchet+&+Clank:+A+Crack+in+Time.jpg

johnm is...
09-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Some good looking games there, Hype. Appreciate it, homey.

johnm is...
09-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune appears to be the ****. Looks great. Thinking I'll pick this one up.

USA4LIFE
09-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Infamous for sure pick that one up. Red faction Guerrilla also, you can destroy everything in that game it's so much fun. The game is huge too.

THE REED™
09-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Go reserve modern warfare 2 tomorrow... will be th ebest game out and if you dont reserve it you wont be able to get a copy until after the new year.

Burnout Paradise is incredibly entertaining driving game.

I heard Godfather II and Need for Speed Shift is great.

The Underboss
09-18-2009, 01:37 AM
make sure you guys get mafia II, it's set for release in 2010.

Andre Wardttke
09-18-2009, 02:51 AM
GTA 4, Bioshock.

bishop2006
09-18-2009, 09:05 AM
And I'm looking for your opinions on "must have" games. I already got FNR4, and I'm sure I'll be playing it most of the time, but what are some forum favorites for you guys? Thanks in advance.

Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2
Uncharted Drakes Fortune - a warm up to the sequal,and best looking game,Uncharted 2
InFamous
Resistance 2
Dead Space

Ryn0
09-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Go reserve modern warfare 2 tomorrow... will be th ebest game out and if you dont reserve it you wont be able to get a copy until after the new year.

Burnout Paradise is incredibly entertaining driving game.

I heard Godfather II and Need for Speed Shift is great.
I'm not a huge COD fan tbh, I had COD4 and the only was pretty good but after about 3 days of real play i quit (and its not because im rubbish I had a K/d ratio of 1.9) It just got a little boring after a while.

I mean how many times can you prestige it without getting bored. I won't be picking COD:MW2 until its cheap

MetalVomit
09-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4, the only game you need. Nothing is better.

IwatchBoxing
09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Every PS3 game is wack...

Sox8055
09-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Battlefield Bad Company.

Driving tanks and using a M60 after your tanks gets destryoed is awesome.

Never get bored of playing that game OnlIne.

Best Online play game ever for the PS3!!!!

msagrain
09-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Cod waw is the only game you need but cod4, gta4 are good too.

supRa
09-18-2009, 04:01 PM
i got mine 2 weeks ago.. i got killzone 2... its alirhgt....
i got a question.... i heard a head sent is 50... and if u buy socom it comes with 1?!?!? 4 60 bucks!!!!!! is that offer still goin on... il get that game then...

Sox8055
09-18-2009, 04:07 PM
i got a question.... i heard a head sent is 50... and if u buy socom it comes with 1?!?!? 4 60 bucks!!!!!! is that offer still goin on... il get that game then...

1- wut up supra, how is the online play for K2?? am thinking in buying it.

2- and ya I believed I saw a socom bundle with headset on ebay still. was a while back though. i'll check real quick.

Sox8055
09-18-2009, 04:10 PM

yo check it out Supra!!!!

All headset and game socom for 40 bucks on EBAY!! Free S & H tooo!!

Might want to buy it! b4 it runs out.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=socom+confrontation+bundle&_sacat=See-All-Categories

supRa
09-18-2009, 04:15 PM
yo check it out Supra!!!!

All headset and game socom for 40 bucks on EBAY!! Free S & H tooo!!

Might want to buy it! b4 it runs out.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1311&_nkw=socom+confrontation+bundle&_sacat=See-All-Categories

HOLYY ****TTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40 bucks.... i think only got like 30 bucks on my cc... rightnow.... ill prob. head to gamestop in a while...

yea man.. killzone 2 is tight.... am kinda new to the TRIPLE **** lol... it took a while to get the hang of it... i was soo used to 360 halo and cod on it.... but yeaa its good.. u should get it...

Sox8055
09-18-2009, 04:20 PM
HOLYY ****TTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40 bucks.... i think only got like 30 bucks on my cc... rightnow.... ill prob. head to gamestop in a while...

yea man.. killzone 2 is tight.... am kinda new to the TRIPLE **** lol... it took a while to get the hang of it... i was soo used to 360 halo and cod on it.... but yeaa its good.. u should get it...
-lol I have had those moments happen to me too, going to get some fresh fat moollah this friday though, soo ill be balling again soon.

-tihgt...tight..going to buy it in 1 week most likely.

supRa
09-18-2009, 04:27 PM
-lol I have had those moments happen to me too, going to get some fresh fat moollah this friday though, soo ill be balling again soon.

-tihgt...tight..going to buy it in 1 week most likely.

haha i know... i dont wanna overdraft it... so ill leave it alon hahaa..

i pm'd u my psn.. add the kid!!!
:boxing:

USA4LIFE
09-18-2009, 07:07 PM
SOCOM is actually really fun to play, i got the headset bundle for 50 bucks at gamestop, i haven't played in some time maybe i will later.

Idgas
09-19-2009, 05:08 AM
get Uncharted and inFamous.

Uncharted is the most fun ps3 game i've ever played. it's an action, adventure, and fps all in one. the story and gameplay are one of the best and you'll feel like you're playing a michael bay movie.

and if you like GTA, you'll probably like inFamous. it's free roaming just like GTA except you're a guy that gets electrical super powers after an explosion and you get to choose whether you want to develop your character as a super hero or a villain. you'll actually feel like a hero or a villain because the city changes depending on what you do. if you do good deeds, the people will clean up the city, cheer for you, put up posters of you, etc. If you do bad things, you'll get spit on, the city will look darker, and you'll witness the city destroy itself. your character also slowly changes appearance to accommodate what path you've chosen. a really cool concept and lots of fun.

johnm is...
09-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks for all the help, guys. Yesterday was my birthday, and I wasn't on the computer to check this thread. Appreciate all the responses. My son took some of his birthday money (his birthday is the day before mine) and bought a game, and he picked Resistance 2. I haven't played it yet, but I watched him play for a little while, and he seemed to really like it. I'm working on perfecting my Fight Night skills, so I can get online and work fools. I'm really diggin' it.

Oasis_Lad
09-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4
GTA IV
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout 3
Street Fighter IV
Resident Evil 5
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare
Call Of Duty: World At War
UFC

- v e t -
09-19-2009, 09:14 AM
i got a **** ton of games man and i'll tell ya whats stellar IMO

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift is a great off road/arcade racer
MGS4... thats obvious
Killzone 2 is a pretty sweet FPS
Uncharted is a phenomenal single player game
Resistance I & II were both stellar, actually kinda like I more, much harder!
UFC 2009 Undisputed is a lot of fun (i dont even like MMA but i love the game more than FN4)

and of course, COD4 was sensational... greatest game this gen so far IMO

coming out soon, i am def getting Uncharted II and Gran Turismo 5 (sensational series and this year that added more off road AND nascar, not to mention the usual cars and tracks as well as F1)

but Modern Warfare II will be the best game probably coming out this year... only reason i probably wont get it is that it will be TOO much of a distraction....

- v e t -
09-19-2009, 09:16 AM
get Uncharted and inFamous.

Uncharted is the most fun ps3 game i've ever played. it's an action, adventure, and fps all in one. the story and gameplay are one of the best and you'll feel like you're playing a michael bay movie.

and if you like GTA, you'll probably like inFamous. it's free roaming just like GTA except you're a guy that gets electrical super powers after an explosion and you get to choose whether you want to develop your character as a super hero or a villain. you'll actually feel like a hero or a villain because the city changes depending on what you do. if you do good deeds, the people will clean up the city, cheer for you, put up posters of you, etc. If you do bad things, you'll get spit on, the city will look darker, and you'll witness the city destroy itself. your character also slowly changes appearance to accommodate what path you've chosen. a really cool concept and lots of fun.

uncharted really is great, its like you're playing a movie... the gameplay, the script and the visuals are all amazing!!

Grand Champ
09-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Resistance 2
Fifa 10 (Will be out very soon)
Fallout 3 (Broken steel is being released on ps3 very soon)
GTA 4
Call of Duty MW 2