View Full Version : pernell whitaker vs wilfredo benitez

talip bin osman
09-17-2009, 11:29 AM
both are good defensive fighters...

both traversed almost the same weight classes...

who had the better career?

who would win a 1 on 1 confro?

mrboxer
09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
whitaker was a good fighter but he would not be able to handle benitez slick counter punching abilities,benitez fought a better core of fighters and did really well despite not really training,he was also a world champ at the age of 17,benitez by 15 ud

talip bin osman
09-17-2009, 11:41 AM
whitaker was a good fighter but he would not be able to handle benitez slick counter punching abilities,benitez fought a better core of fighters and did really well despite not really training,he was also a world champ at the age of 17,benitez by 15 ud

benitez had the benefit of sharing the ring with 3 of the fab 4... with a victory over the post no-mas duran...

a fight between pea & WB would be a wet dream for fans who luv technical & slick boxers...

mrboxer
09-17-2009, 11:51 AM
when benitez fought hearns i think he did enough to get the win,but hearns got it,and when he fought leonard the ref stopped it with 15 seconds leftr in the fight,it would of been a close decision it could of went either way,and as for duran benitez schooled him:boxing:

Joe2608
09-17-2009, 11:52 AM
It would be an awesome fight. I'd be tempted to say Pernell, but it would be close.

Edit: Though this depends on the weight and the amount of rounds.

Benncollinsaad
09-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Benitez would school him definitely. Whitaker never fought anybody with as great defense.

BennyST
09-18-2009, 02:32 PM
when benitez fought hearns i think he did enough to get the win,but hearns got it,and when he fought leonard the ref stopped it with 15 seconds leftr in the fight,it would of been a close decision it could of went either way,and as for duran benitez schooled him:boxing:

Someone likes Benitez too much. He lost both of those fights man. But, yes he did beat a fat, ****eful Duran.

Benncollinsaad
09-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Someone likes Benitez too much. He lost both of those fights man. But, yes he did beat a fat, ****eful Duran.

It seems its you who is ****eful right now.:rolleyes: How dare u say that about Manos de Piedra?!:grr: He was not fat at all.