View Full Version : Strategy prediction

Mexboxing
09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
In regards to Cotto vs Pacquiao, what strategy do u predict for either.
I predict Freddie wont risk PAC getting hit flush early by Cotto who can match Pac's power or surpass it. I think he will try to have Pac box the first half of the fight then try to pressure Cotto. But my guess is by that time Cotto will have already inflicted too much damage. I am going for an 8th round TKO for Cotto. Either Freddie throws the towel or ref stops it. Cotto will defend his title and recieve that wack ass diamond belt.

Pretty Boy32
09-15-2009, 07:59 PM
In regards to Cotto vs Pacquiao, what strategy do u predict for either.
I predict Freddie wont risk PAC getting hit flush early by Cotto who can match Pac's power or surpass it. I think he will try to have Pac box the first half of the fight then try to pressure Cotto. But my guess is by that time Cotto will have already inflicted too much damage. I am going for an 8th round TKO for Cotto. Either Freddie throws the towel or ref stops it. Cotto will defend his title and recieve that wack ass diamond belt.

Cotto's favourite and most powerful shot is his left hook to the body,
dont forget manny has been knocked out by body shots!
Manny will try pressure Cotto like Marg did,
it was a perfect blueprint as too how to beat Miguel,
expect plenty of straight lefts from Manny and counter body shots from Cotto...
Manny will try pressure Miguel but not as heavily as Marg did as Cotto is the stronger man and could hurt Manny,
Manny will chase him, Straight lefts and Left hooks and get out...
My prediction Manny will win by TKO

Hawk Time
09-16-2009, 08:25 AM
When Cotto fights the bigger welters he often uses his feet more and counterpunches (against Clottey, Margo and to a extent against Mosley). He is gonna have to do the opposite here and put lots of pressure on Manny. It has to be smart pressure (opposite to hatton's basically), coming in behind and a double jab and head movement. Manny should do what he did against Oscar, punching and getting out of there, only really letting loose when Cotto is on the ropes.

-EAGLE-
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Pac wil hit quick & hard; Cotto will try to counter; hmm

I think it will be like a Pacman - Marquez fight; something like that!