View Full Version : What is securom and should I pirate a game that I already own?

Freddy Krueger
09-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I have deadspace pc that I legitimately bought because I wanted to support the gaming company because I like this game. Someone posting on another topic of mine recommending me the game but I already owned it lol. I bought it back in last october when it was first released. I was just wondering if theirs a reason I would need to pirate it because other people tell me that I only have a limiting amount of installs, is that true?

Freddy Krueger
09-14-2009, 10:18 PM
I've installed and uninstalled deadspace several times now. I don't think securom limits installs, I think someone made bs up.

Equilibrium
09-14-2009, 10:57 PM
I've installed and uninstalled deadspace several times now. I don't think securom limits installs, I think someone made bs up.

I have never heard of securom limiting the number of installs of a certain game. What it could do however is prevent you from installing the same copy of a game on different computers.

I don't think you'll have any problems.

If you want to know more about securom read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

It's some bull**** copy protection software that game rippers have no problem cracking. If you ever have a problem with your copy of the game, just download it via torrent, it will be already cracked.

Have fun playing dead space, it's a badass game. :headbang:

Freddy Krueger
09-14-2009, 11:15 PM
I have never heard of securom limiting the number of installs of a certain game. What it could do however is prevent you from installing the same copy of a game on different computers.

I don't think you'll have any problems.

If you want to know more about securom read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

It's some bull**** copy protection software that game rippers have no problem cracking. If you ever have a problem with your copy of the game, just download it via torrent, it will be already cracked.

Have fun playing dead space, it's a badass game. :headbang:

I'm having a problem now, I have a new pc monitor which is 25.5 inches big and when I set deadspace to 1920x resolution the characters get oddly wider shaped then they normally would be. Meaning when I used to play this on my old monitor that only support 1600x resolution it had thinner characters. Do you know anyway to fix this? And I hope I don't have to play this at a smaller resolution to have normal looking ppl that don't look too wide. :banghead:

Equilibrium
09-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm having a problem now, I have a new pc monitor which is 25.5 inches big and when I set deadspace to 1920x resolution the characters get oddly wider shaped then they normally would be. Meaning when I used to play this on my old monitor that only support 1600x resolution it had thinner characters. Do you know anyway to fix this? And I hope I don't have to play this at a smaller resolution to have normal looking ppl that don't look too wide. :banghead:

Your monitor is widescreen right?

Try looking in the game options to see if there is an option for aspect ratio. Yours is probably set to 4:3, which would explain the streched out image if you have a widescreen monitor. If the option is there, set it to 16:9 or 16:10 depending of what your monitor is.

Freddy Krueger
09-15-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm dumb, I think I just realized I can change the monitors aspect ratio with my remote.