View Full Version : I was playing the pc version of Resident Evil 5 and the gameplay was so boring

Freddy Krueger
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
I can't believe how last gen the new resident evil game is, you can't run and gun at the same time or anything. You have to stay still and shoot... And you have to stay still and attack with a knife, I'm sorry people do not fight like that especially against zombies. I mean in real life are you going to stay still with a knife and wait until the zombie gets close enough so you can slash it to death?

Wouldn't you rather run up to it and slash it? Or run away and gun at the same time, or run forwards and gun at the same time?

Ether
09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
You could never run and shoot in RE (Except for outbreak). And it's last gen gameplay with next gen graphics.

Naps
09-14-2009, 07:23 PM
I can't believe how last gen the new resident evil game is, you can't run and gun at the same time or anything. You have to stay still and shoot... And you have to stay still and attack with a knife, I'm sorry people do not fight like that especially against zombies. I mean in real life are you going to stay still with a knife and wait until the zombie gets close enough so you can slash it to death?

Wouldn't you rather run up to it and slash it? Or run away and gun at the same time, or run forwards and gun at the same time?

In real life zombies don't exist. Geek.

USA4LIFE
09-14-2009, 08:25 PM
In real life zombies don't exist. Geek.

Also, in real life, running and shooting and being accurate is beyond hard. How do you think wars are fought, a bunch if *******s running around shooting in all directions doing John Woo dives or something?

The reason why you can't run in shoot in this game is to make it feel somewhat realistic.

BOLLOCKS
09-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Also, in real life, running and shooting and being accurate is beyond hard. How do you think wars are fought, a bunch if *******s running around shooting in all directions doing John Woo dives or something?

The reason why you can't run in shoot in this game is to make it feel somewhat realistic.

Reality is boring.

Freddy Krueger
09-14-2009, 08:46 PM

They still do it.

Infern0
09-14-2009, 09:11 PM
Get Gears of war its much better

Equilibrium
09-14-2009, 09:24 PM
I agree that they really have to change some of that stuff, i finished re5 recently, it was still a good game but the controls make it lose a lot of it's appeal. Though, re5 has some of the best graphics i have seen in any game.

I suggest you get the game dead space, i'm currently playing through it and it plays how resident evil games should play from now on.

Freddy Krueger
09-14-2009, 09:51 PM
I agree that they really have to change some of that stuff, i finished re5 recently, it was still a good game but the controls make it lose a lot of it's appeal. Though, re5 has some of the best graphics i have seen in any game.

I suggest you get the game dead space, i'm currently playing through it and it plays how resident evil games should play from now on.

I bought a legit copy of that game for my pc, even though its probably filled with that securom **** which I don't like. And resident evil 5's graphics on the pc are amazing. I have a rig that allows me to run it at 1920 x resolution with everything maxxed out 4x aa running.

MOTHER DUCKER
09-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I'd imagine its ****e on PC played it with my bro on ps3 the mode u unlock after completing the game is also great, im wondering if anyone got the online version and if its worth 4 $?

Control's were np on ps3 and the having to stay still adds tension imo

BoxingChaos
09-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I downloaded it last night and I agree with the comments. Controls are bad but I still am enjoying the game. The graphics are insane. I will continue to play. I have played more boring and more glitchy games. I wish I could just carry the machete always and pull out the gune when I need it. Was it worth the download? For the graphics most def. I find the fact that the controls are a bit difficult a challenge and enjoy it somewhat more.

Ether
09-15-2009, 03:10 PM
I'd imagine its ****e on PC played it with my bro on ps3 the mode u unlock after completing the game is also great, im wondering if anyone got the online version and if its worth 4 $?

Control's were np on ps3 and the having to stay still adds tension imo

THE RE5 VERSUS DLC?
No, it's not worth the $4.

In fact it's absolutely awful, so awful it has video's on youtube with real people making fun of it, and is a slap in the face to any real original survival horror fans.

Ryn0
09-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I actually prefered it, It would be really easy (on the first run through) if you could run and gun. It not scary but its sometimes tense.

If it were run and gun it would just become a gears or war clone.

BoxingChaos
09-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I am loving this game but I am stuck in the part where the biker zombies come in with chains. I have to go back and try again

:rofl:

Ryn0
09-15-2009, 08:56 PM
I am loving this game but I am stuck in the part where the biker zombies come in with chains. I have to go back and try again

:rofl:
the quick time event? near the start? its pretty easy theres only two combinations most of the little mini "event" cutscenes.

Equilibrium
09-15-2009, 10:53 PM
The main reason why i liked RE5 is that it explains a lot of the stuff on how the umbrella corporation started, there are logs about the racoon city events, and you can how they progressed with different types of virus. For me thats awesome cause i have been a huge fan of them game since the start of the series.

That and the graphics were amazing.

That being said i liked resident evil 4 on the ps2 much more as a whole. Resident Evil 5 is kinda short, only 6 chapters.(each chapter is separated in 3 sub chapters.)

Clegg
09-16-2009, 12:25 AM
I read an article a while back, where the writer said that the 'stand still to shoot' thing was good, because in the current gaming era, everything rips everything else off, and so a lot of shooters feel very samey.

The shooting has been that way since RE1, so it also ensures that (despite changes in style, setting, gameplay etc.) it does still feel like a RE game. I think I'd agree with that.

Freddy Krueger
09-16-2009, 12:42 AM
the quick time event? near the start? its pretty easy theres only two combinations most of the little mini "event" cutscenes.

Yeah, I agree that was actually one of the easiest parts in the game. Parts I found annoying in the game were when you have to take out the guard to get the key(that part took me like 15 mins running around throwing grenades at him and blowing up explosive gas cans.)...

Also I found the beginning of the game where you run around for 10 mins until the helicopter shows up for support to be quite annoying and not that fun. Don't get me wrong theirs good and annoying parts in the game. I'm playing the game on normal settings.

I also hate having a partner in the game, I wish it was only one person. I don't need that *****es help, I hate when that ***** is shooting at something I'm trying to kill by myself.

Clegg
09-16-2009, 12:56 AM
I liked this review...

<embed src="http://static.themis-media.com/media/global/movies/player/flowplayer.commercial-3.1.1*****" flashvars="config=http://www.themis-media.com/videos/config/624-8bdd24308681f2c27a6f416f75fc21a5.js?embed=1" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" width="480" height="294" wmode="opaque"></embed>

sleazyfellow
09-16-2009, 01:03 AM
I spent 60 on this game for the 360, felt ripped off after beating it...I played the hell out of 4, but this one was crap, just better graphics. Hope the next RE doesnt have the forced co-op thing.

TheCheetah
09-16-2009, 04:18 AM
I like Resident Evil 5.. I think Mercenaries mode is GREAT.

MOTHER DUCKER
09-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Well i like the co op cause i play with my brother and hope its in resi 6 (if there is 1). For a computer played char as your assistant its pretty good but yeh i would rather play alone then with a AI character. Shame the online mode is not good apparently i thought it was a lot like Mercanries mode with other players fighting you too (sounded good to me).

Is it split screen tho? i wont find it worth it if i cant play with friends and my brother.

BoxingChaos
09-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I just beat the game. This has to be one of the best games I have ever played. Unfortunately, I did not get all of the blue emblems so now I have to go back and get them :popcorn:

Freddy Krueger
09-19-2009, 02:15 PM
This topic is kind of bad, I mean as I've stated I said I enjoy the game just wish the gameplay wasn't as stiff as the old resident evil games that came out on the ps1. And my pc chews this game out graphically and graphics are gorgeous for it.

BoxingChaos
09-19-2009, 03:10 PM
This topic is kind of bad, I mean as I've stated I said I enjoy the game just wish the gameplay wasn't as stiff as the old resident evil games that came out on the ps1. And my pc chews this game out graphically and graphics are gorgeous for it.

No we understood your complaint. I personally liked it this way because it makes it more unique of a game play. I have not played RE 2,3 or four and I played RE 1 like 200 years ago that I even forgot what the game was like but I remember that I enjoyed that game as well.