View Full Version : Spanish class at school....

Boxer1590
09-13-2009, 10:50 PM
My friend Manny and I enrolled in a Spanish class in college to get what we thought would be an easy grade. lmao damn were we wrong. Class is hard as hell lmao.

I can't spell Spanish for *****, and the Spanish they teach is so weird to me. My teacher says the way we speak Spanish is wrong. I'm like dude the way I speak Spanish is the way everyone around me speaks, if I talked the way your teaching me people would look at me like I'm insane.

I guess the way they teach is "correct" but nobody I've ever come across talks like that. Just white kids who take Spanish in class and the teachers.

Another thing I hate is people who aren't even Spanish trying to tell me how to speak.

lol I hate this fukin class.

Texanballer
09-13-2009, 11:13 PM
:lol1: you thought taking a foreign language class would be an easy grade?

I raped the hell out of all my spanish classes, i loved them.

Del Coqui
09-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Spanish is a LOT harder than English, gives me headache just to remember Spanish grammar.

Boxer1590
09-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Spanish is a LOT harder than English, gives me headache just to remember Spanish grammar.

The thing is I know Spanish. I'm not just going there and trying to learn it. The Spanish they teach is weird as hell to me. The teacher had me speak Spanish and he told me I was very "limited" and spoke with "slang" but that's how everybody talks that I have ever been around.

Moral of the story is I think I'm going to drop the class lol. I don't need it, me and my friend just took it for fun because we figured since we are both Puerto Rican and know Spanish it would be easy.....and it's not lol.

The Underboss
09-14-2009, 09:58 AM

:haha:.....

Texanballer
09-14-2009, 12:41 PM
The thing is I know Spanish. I'm not just going there and trying to learn it. The Spanish they teach is weird as hell to me. The teacher had me speak Spanish and he told me I was very "limited" and spoke with "slang" but that's how everybody talks that I have ever been around.

Moral of the story is I think I'm going to drop the class lol. I don't need it, me and my friend just took it for fun because we figured since we are both Puerto Rican and know Spanish it would be easy.....and it's not lol.

A lot of American Spanish is slang. In fact i dont really consider a lot of it spanish spanish. It is so dirty sometimes to hear all the spanglish involved.

I have friends from Mexico and they say a lot of times there are words here spoken in spanish that make no sense and are american made words.

Also i have heard puerto ricans speak spanish and they dont exactly have the best grammar or accent. If your talking a universal spanish accent then the accent from the carribbean is far off.

RRICAN
09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
cause the spanish they are teaching you is from Spain. the spanish we speak PR has been influenced by other cultures :boxing:

Cleto_Reyes
09-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Spain spanish is soo different that what some of us are used to

Boxer1590
09-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Spain spanish is soo different that what some of us are used to

Tell me about it.

I called a bus a "guagua" in class and my teacher had no idea what I was talking about. I also never really pronounce my s's. Like instead of "Tu eres" i just say "tu ere". Instead of "arroz" I just say "arro." It's the way I've always spoken and everyone around me has spoken. This spanish they are teaching me in class goes beyond them little differences though, it really is soooo different.

Boxer1590
09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
cause the spanish they are teaching you is from Spain. the spanish we speak PR has been influenced by other cultures :boxing:

Yea man I never realized how different it was. I never really talked to people from Spain before.

Del Coqui
09-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Tell me about it.

I called a bus a "guagua" in class and my teacher had no idea what I was talking about. I also never really pronounce my s's. Like instead of "Tu eres" i just say "tu ere". Instead of "arroz" I just say "arro." It's the way I've always spoken and everyone around me has spoken. This spanish they are teaching me in class goes beyond them little differences though, it really is soooo different.

Si es mujer y Mejicana invitala a comer bizcocho a ver que te dice :blow:

The Underboss
09-15-2009, 10:54 AM
bizcocho :luvbed:.

Boxer1590
09-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Si es mujer y Mejicana invitala a comer bizcocho a ver que te dice :blow:

lmao no it's a guy and he's from Chile. But he said he grew up in Spain or something like that. I wonder if I called him a mamao he would know what I'm talking about?lol

mrboxer
09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
we dont need any other language but english in schools,instead of language class there should be a boxing class,with mens divisions and female divisions and have tournaments to get the school champion, this way there will be no street fighting amongst rivals, the champion also gets a scholarship to university:boxing:

Del Coqui
09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
we dont need any other language but english in schools,instead of language class there should be a boxing class,with mens divisions and female divisions and have tournaments to get the school champion, this way there will be no street fighting amongst rivals, the champion also gets a scholarship to university:boxing:

You aren't very bright are you? Or just trolling your way in here?

BOLLOCKS
09-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Learning Spanish is a waste of time, Learn Italian.

mrboxer
09-17-2009, 11:03 AM
You aren't very bright are you? Or just trolling your way in here?what are you talking about,english is all we need,whats wrong with that,can you explain,speak up:arabia:

AntonTheMeh
09-19-2009, 07:41 PM
i wish i was there.that **** woulda been pure comedy for me.i know exactly what you mean about puerto rican(or carribean) spanish.I'm from spanish harlem, but i still would ace that ****.

Dice
09-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Our Spanish and European Spanish (Spainards) is like Portuguese from Portugal and Portuguese from Brazil.

Not to be racist but Spanish speakers from Spain or parts like that are terrible teachers.

They come off extremely arrogant and claim our spanish is "wrong". the fact of the matter is that our Spanish is not wrong and it is very ignorent for them to say that in my opinion.

In college spanish, I've had non spanierd teachers who treated the situation the correct way. They address the class and let us know that our dialacts were different but not incorrect.

The fact that your teacher didnt know that a Gua Gua is carribean for "Auto Bus" (pronounced OWW to bOOs) or Bus in english means he small mindedly didnt even bother to study the different types of Spanish in preperation for the different types of Latinos he would have in your class.

Spanish in college is difficult. Your typical carribean like me, we speak the language and do speak with slang but its not the slang thats the problem, its more the writing, the accents and the technical aspect of spanish. I recommend you drop the class as he is probably gonna be a hard a$$

District 9
09-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Mexicans speak the best Spanish, true story.

mrboxer
09-21-2009, 03:39 PM
english is all we need,it is easy to understand and easy to write,look at the words that are spelled the same but have different meanings or the words with silent letters,it is awesome,the english language should be mandatory in every nation and should be made law:boxing: