View Full Version : Grant Professional Training Gloves 16oz Review

Sox8055
09-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Wut up everyone, I just got my Grant Gloves this Thursday in the mail and I coulnt have bought any better gloves.

These gloves are just great, they are padded enough on all angles, thumb, knuckles, etc. The Wrist support is the best!! just very excellent.

The quality is up to paR! Everybody in the Gym was wanting to know what kind of gloves I had since most of them all have RS or Everlast.

But overall, the job it does is excellent! I can hear the nice snap on the bag, without my knuckles hurting.

I would have to give these gloves a 10/10, they are just that bad @ss!

PS: the only problem I have is the interior lining, it seems that every time I take them off my skin color leaves it dirty inside the glove...(pic down below).

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs278.snc1/10533_1223970205114_1404776543_30662878_5879461_n. jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs278.snc1/10533_1223969765103_1404776543_30662873_8286106_n. jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs278.snc1/10533_1223969685101_1404776543_30662871_3836401_n. jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs278.snc1/10533_1223970325117_1404776543_30662879_6241897_n. jpg

Hit me up, if you have any questions.

Del Coqui
09-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Tito, Roy, Floyd, Winky,... they all cant be wrong about Grant. That's nice expensive gloves, take care of 'em bro.

sammiza567
09-13-2009, 10:17 PM
nice im bout to get me some 14 oz white ones for bags/mitts and some 16 oz. like the ones you have for sparring.

Sox8055
09-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Tito, Roy, Floyd, Winky,... they all cant be wrong about Grant. That's nice expensive gloves, take care of 'em bro.
thx bro, yah they are very niccee man. I like em! :love::friday::boxing:
nice im bout to get me some 14 oz white ones for bags/mitts and some 16 oz. like the ones you have for sparring.

that's sweet, I personally dont like white. For the reasons that they get dirty easily, and sometimes when I spar either my nose or my sparring partners nose starts to pour blood and it gets marked on my gloves.

To each his own though. I personally feel that 16oz for bag work and sparring are the best, that way when it's time to fight, the official fighting gloves are like nothing for you.

supRa
09-14-2009, 12:43 AM
PIIMP!!!!!!!!!!!

i told ya u'd love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so r they just gonna b bag gloves?!?!

Sox8055
09-14-2009, 01:27 AM
PIIMP!!!!!!!!!!!

i told ya u'd love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so r they just gonna b bag gloves?!?!

ya thx dog.

Thhey are nice very niccceee!!

and am not sure if they are just for bag work, last week I sparred and my coach allowed the guy that I sparred against to use his bag gloves on my face!

b1tch got me pretty hard and I felt the difference between well padded gloves and broken ones...:canada:

am thinking of using it for some sparring not all the time, but somewhat. Besides I'll be buying another pair in the future for Sure!!! Maybe the blue and white ones. S1ck!1

tkos
09-14-2009, 02:59 AM
so how much was the total price(if its not rude to ask) and what site did you get em from? cause they over do it with the shipping price alot of the time. sick gloves by the way im thinking of getting the exact same color or red. :biggthump

drh
09-14-2009, 03:13 AM
hey enjoy!

I have the same gloves. this isn't a criticism, but i noticed the padding distribution is very even throughout. i.e. there is an unusually large amount around wrist and lower forearm...i was thinking maybe some of this could have been placed towards knuckles?

sparring partners feel they hurt more than my twins (both 16 ounce).

each to their own...enjoy!

caution...no matter how good your glove feels, still take GREAT care with your wrapping. the best of gloves won't stop a broken knuckle if the wraps aren't up to it.

Smokin' Caesar
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
great thanks for the review

Pork Chop
09-14-2009, 05:57 PM
just got mine last thursday
Grant has definitely changed the formula lately
the leather feels more like Reyes leather, than the old, hard, glossy leather they used to have
they aren't quite as easy to open & close either, but they fit better than before and aren't as hard when you first get them.
i love 'em a lot
like all the benefits of reyes and grants with none of the drawbacks.

Sox8055
09-15-2009, 02:42 AM
so how much was the total price(if its not rude to ask) and what site did you get em from? cause they over do it with the shipping price alot of the time. sick gloves by the way im thinking of getting the exact same color or red. :biggthump
around 168.78, with shipping included already, I got them from Ringside website, and yes they are sick man! get them.
hey enjoy!

I have the same gloves. this isn't a criticism, but i noticed the padding distribution is very even throughout. i.e. there is an unusually large amount around wrist and lower forearm...i was thinking maybe some of this could have been placed towards knuckles?

sparring partners feel they hurt more than my twins (both 16 ounce).

each to their own...enjoy!

caution...no matter how good your glove feels, still take GREAT care with your wrapping. the best of gloves won't stop a broken knuckle if the wraps aren't up to it.
True, but I still love them compared to my old RS.
great thanks for the review
no problem.
just got mine last thursday
Grant has definitely changed the formula lately
the leather feels more like Reyes leather, than the old, hard, glossy leather they used to have
they aren't quite as easy to open & close either, but they fit better than before and aren't as hard when you first get them.
i love 'em a lot
like all the benefits of reyes and grants with none of the drawbacks.
Yuuupppp!! I like em!!:luvbed::boxing:

Aperion
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
Wut up everyone, I just got my Grant Gloves this Thursday in the mail and I coulnt have bought any better gloves.

These gloves are just great, they are padded enough on all angles, thumb, knuckles, etc. The Wrist support is the best!! just very excellent.

The quality is up to paR! Everybody in the Gym was wanting to know what kind of gloves I had since most of them all have RS or Everlast.

But overall, the job it does is excellent! I can hear the nice snap on the bag, without my knuckles hurting.

I would have to give these gloves a 10/10, they are just that bad @ss!

PS: the only problem I have is the interior lining, it seems that every time I take them off my skin color leaves it dirty inside the glove...(pic down below).

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs278.snc1/10533_1223970205114_1404776543_30662878_5879461_n. jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs278.snc1/10533_1223969765103_1404776543_30662873_8286106_n. jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs278.snc1/10533_1223969685101_1404776543_30662871_3836401_n. jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs278.snc1/10533_1223970325117_1404776543_30662879_6241897_n. jpg

Hit me up, if you have any questions.

I am covetous of those gloves, I really really, really want a pair of those now.

BTW, Do you think you can make the pic in your sig even bigger? I like having to scroll to the side to read text

Sox8055
09-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I am covetous of those gloves, I really really, really want a pair of those now.

BTW, Do you think you can make the pic in your sig even bigger? I like having to scroll to the side to read text

they are very very nicee man, now I know Boxing aint all about gloves, but everyone in my gym always looks at them. They are p1mp!

and no sorry man I cant make them bigger...dunno how..

capflow
09-15-2009, 08:38 PM
very nice, you will love these gloves...i have a pair of grant 16's (red) that i bought a couple of years ago that i use just for sparring. i also have the grant 12oz "pro" bag gloves - they're both REALLY nice

i love grant gloves...i have some ringside gloves, and i've tried reyes and everlast. grant just gives the perfect fist, imo, and the balance on the gloves is superb!

i'm actually going to get some black 14's for sparring as well (some of the smaller guys at my gym spar in 14's)

i see people talking about getting white and getting blue - as far as i know grant doesnt make those anymore - just red and black

Sox8055
09-15-2009, 09:04 PM
very nice, you will love these gloves...i have a pair of grant 16's (red) that i bought a couple of years ago that i use just for sparring. i also have the grant 12oz "pro" bag gloves - they're both REALLY nice

i love grant gloves...i have some ringside gloves, and i've tried reyes and everlast. grant just gives the perfect fist, imo, and the balance on the gloves is superb!

i'm actually going to get some black 14's for sparring as well (some of the smaller guys at my gym spar in 14's)

i see people talking about getting white and getting blue - as far as i know grant doesnt make those anymore - just red and black

ya they are sweet man. I love them.

As for no blue and white ones available? I believe Ringside still sells them through a phone order. Same price and everything, might get them later down the road.

vercingetorix3
09-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm just curious, why did you not buy Winning? Too expensive?

I have a pair of 16 oz. Blue Lace-Ups, and they are some of the best gloves I've ever owned.

Sox8055
09-16-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm just curious, why did you not buy Winning? Too expensive?

I have a pair of 16 oz. Blue Lace-Ups, and they are some of the best gloves I've ever owned.

I like the feel of these better than Winning, I know it sounds weird, but I think am not the only one to say that. A lot of people love the quality of them better than Winning and I honestly dont mean nothing towards Winning it's a excellent glove that I have tried on, but I just feel that Grant Gloves are well balanced between pop,protection, feel and quality.With the Winning I feel that they are a bit overpriced and also a bit too padded.

I like Grant's better IMO, plus the styles are s1ck, now if they only allowed customization for amateur fighters...:sad::biggthump

tkos
09-16-2009, 02:12 AM
Great review!

Sox8055
09-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Great review!

anytime. :luvbed::boxing:

I3C727
09-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Can anyone confirm that the white ones are still available?

Pork Chop
09-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Can anyone confirm that the white ones are still available?

Best way to find out is to call them directly or deal with Ringside's live online customer support

i originally ordered mine red from the grant site back on aug 5th
at the time they told me they were backordered till the beginning of september
the first week of September, I tried emailing the grant site to ask the status of my order and never received a response
ringside's live customer support found my order through the grant site and helped me out
i switched to black and actually got a $10 discount off what Sox paid because I'd been waiting so long
so i guess grant is now directly owned by ringside
which explains why the construction of the new grants is so similar to reyes

i've been using these gloves the last week and they gotta be the greatest ever
i think i like 'em even more than the older style of grants
i've been hitting hard heavybags full force and can barely feel it on my knuckles
the gloves aren't super-soft either, they got some pop to them.

i've love these gloves so much my wife's getting jealous :luvbed:

Sox8055
09-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Best way to find out is to call them directly or deal with Ringside's live online customer support

i originally ordered mine red from the grant site back on aug 5th
at the time they told me they were backordered till the beginning of september
the first week of September, I tried emailing the grant site to ask the status of my order and never received a response
ringside's live customer support found my order through the grant site and helped me out
i switched to black and actually got a $10 discount off what Sox paid because I'd been waiting so long
so i guess grant is now directly owned by ringside
which explains why the construction of the new grants is so similar to reyes

i've been using these gloves the last week and they gotta be the greatest ever
i think i like 'em even more than the older style of grants
i've been hitting hard heavybags full force and can barely feel it on my knuckles
the gloves aren't super-soft either, they got some pop to them.

i've love these gloves so much my wife's getting jealous :luvbed:

Not only do I love them...but everyone else at the gym.

They call them beautiful, I foking love them!!!:luvbed::boxing: