View Full Version : Rudy Markussen?

Benncollinsaad
09-13-2009, 03:04 PM
What has happened to this guy? I see he hasn't been in the ring for 3 years now. He was very promising young fighter. I remember his fight with Ottke, in the first round he almost stopped him. But then he allowed Ottke to confuse him with his awkward style and lost the fight, but still made it very close. He was the best Danish fighter of the 00's after Kessler. His record is 33-2-0 with 20 Kos.

In his last fight he got kayoed by Sergey Tatevosyan, maybe thats why he isn't fighting anymore. Pity. He beat Danilo Haussler, James Crawford and Hacine Cherifi among others.

BattlingNelson
09-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Markussen lost his desire to fight. Against Tatevosyan he wasn't focused at all. It was a fight he should have won easily. That performance made promotor Mogens Palle angry and he blasted Rudy big time.

Rudy then concentrated on his fitness centre and had a contractual dispute (as so many others) with Palle.

Just now he has said that he's ready to resume his career under Team Sauerland and he hoped and was ready to appear at yesterdays card in Herning (Kessler-Perdomo), but for unspecified reasons he did not. As far as I know Sauerland would like to have him under their banner, but he needs to be clear of any contractual ties with the palles and he probably isn't.

Benncollinsaad
09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Markussen lost his desire to fight. Against Tatevosyan he wasn't focused at all. It was a fight he should have won easily. That performance made promotor Mogens Palle angry and he blasted Rudy big time.

Rudy then concentrated on his fitness centre and had a contractual dispute (as so many others) with Palle.

Just now he has said that he's ready to resume his career under Team Sauerland and he hoped and was ready to appear at yesterdays card in Herning (Kessler-Perdomo), but for unspecified reasons he did not. As far as I know Sauerland would like to have him under their banner, but he needs to be clear of any contractual ties with the palles and he probably isn't.

That sucks.:sad:

BattlingNelson
09-13-2009, 06:17 PM
That sucks.:sad:
I think he'll make a comeback this year, so it's not that bad. The question will always be his dedication though. That cloud will remain for a long time.