View Full Version : supplements

rockymarciano1
09-12-2009, 01:25 PM
i am 14 and i am thinking about useing sports supplements like maximuscle or lucozade and i just wanted to know if it is safe to use protein and createine at a young age.

Phenomkidd
09-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Yes, your body makes it and you can find it in red meat. Bettert companies IMO are Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize, etc. Syntha 6 has a great taste but is not only whey and is overpriced among other things. However they now have it in 5lbs which makes it slightly better so I may try it.

rockymarciano1
09-12-2009, 02:59 PM
thanks for the info.

Del Coqui
09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Your 14 and worrying about putting on muscle? is this a joke? eat, sleep and exercise, that's all you need at this point.

rockymarciano1
09-12-2009, 05:02 PM
im not looking to put muscle on
i want to use maximuscle viper because they say it can improve endurance.

fightaddicted
09-12-2009, 05:52 PM
if its just endurance your looking for then you can work on that with certain exercises..

TheNegation
09-12-2009, 07:19 PM
At this point the most you should be thinking about for Supplements is Protein.

Get a solid Whey Protein.

I'd also think about getting a MultiVitamin and Fish Oil as well.

Besides that just eat right and get a lot of sleep.

Phenomkidd
09-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, a good multi and fish oil caps are very good for a base foundation.

Lokotron
09-12-2009, 07:36 PM
i am 14 and i am thinking about useing sports supplements like maximuscle or lucozade and i just wanted to know if it is safe to use protein and createine at a young age.

wow your my age and you want to use supplements.It's tempting sometimes but your just 14 all you should be doing is working out besides supplements are bad for your liver because your making it work like 20 times harder to use the protein.It will be bad to start using it at a young age.If you still decide to use supplements make sure you get a lot of water.

TheNegation
09-12-2009, 07:39 PM
wow your my age and you want to use supplements.It's tempting sometimes but your just 14 all you should be doing is working out besides supplements are bad for your liver because your making it work like 20 times harder to use the protein.It will be bad to start using it at a young age.If you still decide to use supplements make sure you get a lot of water.

Drinking alcohol makes your liver work harder, eating food makes your liver work.

Ur an idiot.

idamaster
09-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Optimum Nutrition, Get a 5lb tub and take it.

BigAlex
09-14-2009, 12:55 AM
No- Explode I swear by it, best stuff I have ever used, make sure you stay hydrated

TheNegation
09-14-2009, 12:56 AM
No- Explode I swear by it, best stuff I have ever used, make sure you stay hydrated

How long have you been using it?

BigAlex
09-14-2009, 01:04 AM
little over a month now

TheNegation
09-14-2009, 01:10 AM
little over a month now

Give it another month and you'll revise your previous statement. (serious)

I thought NO-Xplode was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Eventually (by the time I started my 3rd tub) I had to take double and ultimately, triple the recommended dosage to get full effect.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up.

Almost everyone's body builds up tolerance to it pretty quickly...

Just Sayin'

Phenomkidd
09-14-2009, 01:15 AM

What wanderlei said, not to mention this is loaded with caffeine which is giving you most of what you feel. You want caffeine you can get it cheaper.

BigAlex
09-14-2009, 01:21 AM
bummer..... is there anything like it that i wont build a tolerance to or at least a large tolerance.

Phenomkidd
09-14-2009, 01:31 AM
PreWO products are extras and you don't NEED them, though they can be nice. Controlled Labs White Flood is popular, you can check it out if you want.

TheNegation
09-14-2009, 01:34 AM
PreWO products are extras and you don't NEED them, though they can be nice. Controlled Labs White Flood is popular, you can check it out if you want.

Good Call that's what I've been using. CL White Flood is great. It doesn't taste good by anymeans but the price per serving and effectiveness is great.

Another thing make sure you break consistency with pre-workout products. People who experience tolerance issues usually take it too often.

So finish a tub then maybe take 2-4 weeks off where you don't take anything and then start back up again.

And again like Phenomkidd said, the main thing in NO Xplode that's getting you jacked up is caffeine and you can buy a bottle of caffeine anhydrous pills for DIRT cheap.

TheNegation
09-14-2009, 01:46 AM
here are some Pre Workouts I've used that I really like

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/flood.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/pump.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/usp/jacked.html

and of course Caffeine for cheap
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/4ever/caf.html
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mgn/caffeine.html

Spartacus Sully
09-14-2009, 01:52 AM
So finish a tub then maybe take 2-4 weeks off where you don't take anything and then start back up again.

so its best to assume you did that between each of your tubs of no-xplode?also i though no was more for recovery then giving you energy.

i took a combination of mri platinum, and mri pro nos, for about 6 months never found that if gave me like a sudden boost of energy though i did find i exercised longer and recovered faster. also i cycled properly 1 month to 1 week and never had the urge to take more then what what called for on the bottle.

wouldnt reccomend creatine so much or any high caffine product being that your 14. though Protein shakes are allways good. the MRI Pro-Nos is one of the best tasting ive ever tried though its expensive at something like 50$ for 18 servings.

Phenomkidd
09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
so its best to assume you did that between each of your tubs of no-xplode?also i though no was more for recovery then giving you energy.

i took a combination of mri platinum, and mri pro nos, for about 6 months never found that if gave me like a sudden boost of energy though i did find i exercised longer and recovered faster. also i cycled properly 1 month to 1 week and never had the urge to take more then what what called for on the bottle.

wouldnt reccomend creatine so much or any high caffine product being that your 14. though Protein shakes are allways good. the MRI Pro-Nos is one of the best tasting ive ever tried though its expensive at something like 50$ for 18 servings.

I'm skeptical about MRI products, haven't heard many good things about em.

Spartacus Sully
09-14-2009, 11:43 PM
for taste there is nothing better then the mri pro nos. though for what your really trying to get out of it im sure a cheaper alternative would be just as good.