View Full Version : joe calzaghe training routine

rockymarciano1
09-12-2009, 08:37 AM
calzaghe's routine from an interveiw with boxing news.
5-6 mile jog
no warm up
no skipping
12-15 rounds of bags,speed ball,sparing
and pads he does loads med ball hits.
he uses a counter punch bag that can count how many punches he can do in 3 min(he says that is the secret to his speed and stamina)

Japanese Boxing
12-30-2012, 03:58 AM
That doesn't seem like much. I mean **** I do 12 rounds of bags already. I even do push ups sit ups etc and even push myself with the bag to count my punches. I always do 3-10 rounds of shadow boxing (varies because I'll let my feet tell me when they are ready to go)Only think I don't think I do is running (although I will do it more once my friend gets back). Gotta make it to the top with someone else. Makes it easier.

Davis12
01-05-2013, 02:42 AM
I do 12 units of purses already. I even do force ups sit ups etc and even force myself with the bag to depend my blows. I always do 3-10 units of darkness punching Only think I don't think I do is operating.....

Algonquin gyms (http://www.premierfitnessolutions.com/algonquin-weight-loss-program.html)

revs1227
01-09-2013, 09:34 PM
That doesn't seem like much. I mean **** I do 12 rounds of bags already. I even do push ups sit ups etc and even push myself with the bag to count my punches. I always do 3-10 rounds of shadow boxing (varies because I'll let my feet tell me when they are ready to go)Only think I don't think I do is running (although I will do it more once my friend gets back). Gotta make it to the top with someone else. Makes it easier.

try 24/7 365
which im sure is what he did

Japanese Boxing
01-10-2013, 01:23 AM
try 24/7 365
which im sure is what he did

I think the hardest part is sparring enough rounds to actually get into fight mode. Which isn't here. Boxing imo is one of the easiest sports to do casually, but the toughest sport to do at a professional level.