View Full Version : If Gman had won over Benn, who could have possibly beat him

Emon723
09-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Lets say, Gerald McClellan didnt left Trainer Emmanuel Steward, and we have a fair and partial referee in the Benn-McClellan bout, fight was over in 1 round, McClellan wins, who could have beaten him after,,,

I believe the G-Man would have been the greatest, he would knock the **** out of Roy Jones after, the WBC 168lbs title change hands 10 times when Benn lost to Sugar Boy Malinga in '96. and none of those title holders, Robin Reid, etc. will win against McClellan.

Frankie Liles? Steve Collins? Joe Calzaghe? McClellan would finished Calzaghe off once he put him in the canvas, unlike Bernard and Roy.

Maybe a Jones rematch where a cautious Roy runs and survived for 12 rounds to score a points win could possibly beat the Gman.

1SILVA
09-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Lets say, Gerald McClellan didnt left Trainer Emmanuel Steward, and we have a fair and partial referee in the Benn-McClellan bout, fight was over in 1 round, McClellan wins, who could have beaten him after,,,

I believe the G-Man would have been the greatest, he would knock the **** out of Roy Jones after, the WBC 168lbs title change hands 10 times when Benn lost to Sugar Boy Malinga in '96. and none of those title holders, Robin Reid, etc. will win against McClellan.

Frankie Liles? Steve Collins? Joe Calzaghe? McClellan would finished Calzaghe off once he put him in the canvas, unlike Bernard and Roy.

Maybe a Jones rematch where a cautious Roy runs and survived for 12 rounds to score a points win could possibly beat the Gman.

I can't stand RJ, but a 95 RJ defeats Gerald

mhager91490
09-12-2009, 04:08 AM
I can't stand RJ, but a 95 RJ defeats Gerald

I second that, If Gerard lands one of his bombs on Jones' chin then I think it would be over but at the same time I don't think he could of.

Benncollinsaad
09-12-2009, 07:53 AM
No offence, but he'd be chanceless against a prime Toney. He just wasn't a good defensive fighter, McClellan. Also with Toney's granite chin his punches wouldn't be half as effective as against Jackson or even Benn.

1SILVA
09-12-2009, 08:49 AM
No offence, but he'd be chanceless against a prime Toney. He just wasn't a good defensive fighter, McClellan. Also with Toney's granite chin his punches wouldn't be half as effective as against Jackson or even Benn.

A 95 Toney, if in shape, ko's McClellan

Benncollinsaad
09-12-2009, 08:58 AM
A 95 Toney, if in shape, ko's McClellan

Sure as ****.:boxing: Toney beat a McClellan-like Charles Williams by ko in '94.

BigMacFoster
09-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Jones would have raped him worse than Nigel Benn did,Actually he wouldn't have given him as great a beating but he would have just tooled him,One was overrated but deserved the hype and the other was overrated and didn't deserve the hype.

I suggest you go watch HBO 24/7 with all the other noobs who know nothing about the sport or better yet go watch ultimate fighting you f*cking queer

Benncollinsaad
09-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Jones would have raped him worse than Nigel Benn did,Actually he wouldn't have given him as great a beating but he would have just tooled him,One was overrated but deserved the hype and the other was overrated and didn't deserve the hype.

I suggest you go watch HBO 24/7 with all the other noobs who know nothing about the sport or better yet go watch ultimate fighting you f*cking queer

Who are you talking to?? I never know.:lol1:

Slimey Limey
09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Gman's brain was in a dangerous state as it was. His career was coming to an end. I have his career dvd, and I can see him blinking uncontrollable after fights where he received punches, even way before he became the champion. I don't know which fookin retards did the medical tests on him and cleared him to fight, but if Benn hadn't done that to him the next lad probably would have.

Thread Stealer
09-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Jones.

I would say Toney, but Toney had left 168.

GJC
09-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Gman's brain was in a dangerous state as it was. His career was coming to an end. I have his career dvd, and I can see him blinking uncontrollable after fights where he received punches, even way before he became the champion. I don't know which fookin retards did the medical tests on him and cleared him to fight, but if Benn hadn't done that to him the next lad probably would have.
Slimey I totally agree, wonders will never cease eh? :)

lazyitis
09-13-2009, 08:58 AM

Meaningless Toney nuthuggery. zzzzzzzzzzzz......

catalinul
09-13-2009, 09:11 AM

Thus the rumors that Don King payed some doctors to falsely pass his medical.He apparently failed it once.

Benncollinsaad
09-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Meaningless Toney nuthuggery. zzzzzzzzzzzz......

:lol1: Toney was the p4p best fighter in the world between '91 and '94. Fact!;)

lazyitis
09-13-2009, 09:15 AM
uhhm no he wasn't.

Benncollinsaad
09-13-2009, 09:24 AM
uhhm no he wasn't.

Sorry if I don't take you as an authority in this subject.:D

Slimey Limey
09-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Thus the rumors that Don King payed some doctors to falsely pass his medical.He apparently failed it once.

It wouldn't surprise me at all mate.

Benncollinsaad
09-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I would have LOVED to see McClellan fight Michael Nunn, at 168.

JAB5239
09-13-2009, 04:17 PM
:lol1: Toney was the p4p best fighter in the world between '91 and '94. Fact!;)

Two words.........Sweet Pea.

Benncollinsaad
09-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Two words.........Sweet Pea.

He wasn't active or complete enough to deserve that title. His style was boring.

GJC
09-13-2009, 06:15 PM
He wasn't active or complete enough to deserve that title. His style was boring.
He was pretty active round then, and it is known as the noble art of self defense my friend!
BTW you're not wrong Toney was a hell of a fighter then but you can't dismiss Sweet Pea just because you don't like him :)

Benncollinsaad
09-13-2009, 06:35 PM
He was pretty active round then, and it is known as the noble art of self defense my friend!
BTW you're not wrong Toney was a hell of a fighter then but you can't dismiss Sweet Pea just because you don't like him :)

I'm not really dismissing him, I just don't think he was the nr.1 p4p fighter.

catalinul
09-13-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm not really dismissing him, I just don't think he was the nr.1 p4p fighter.

He was no 1 92 to 97.

In talks before hat.

Universally recognized after he beat Chavez.

Emon723
09-14-2009, 05:17 AM
Toney, after the Jones loss, got beaten by Montell Griffin, and he was never dedicated during the late 90s, there was a story of McClellan beating up Toney in the gym although Toney claims otherwise, and says he has a video to prove he owns the Gman.

JAB5239
09-14-2009, 05:25 AM
I don't know if they'd win but both Reggie Johnson and John David Jackson were solid world class fighters around that time I think.