View Full Version : I got gta 4 pc working much better on my computer now.

Freddy Krueger
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
I am playing it at 1280 x resolution with very high graphics setting but with everything turned down to 1. I was wondering if I could push it even farther if their are other things I can do to make gta IV pc run better on my computer.

That is what I did to get this game to work much better on my computer, is that all I can do? Now I can change the resolutions and its reading my ram more then my video card ram.

write the following commandline options in commandline.txt file and put the file in gta 4 main folder.

-nomemrestrict -availablevidmem 2.0 -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100

Or is that about the best I will get with gta iv pc on my computer?

Specs:

Amd Athlon II 250 dual core 3 ghz
4 gigs of ram
geforce 8800gts 320mb card

I don't know, I have this funny feeling that if I tweak something else that I can probably even get better performance out of the game.

Naps
09-10-2009, 12:29 AM
I am playing it at 1280 x resolution with very high graphics setting but with everything turned down to 1. I was wondering if I could push it even farther if their are other things I can do to make gta IV pc run better on my computer.

That is what I did to get this game to work much better on my computer, is that all I can do? Now I can change the resolutions and its reading my ram more then my video card ram.

write the following commandline options in commandline.txt file and put the file in gta 4 main folder.

-nomemrestrict -availablevidmem 2.0 -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100

Or is that about the best I will get with gta iv pc on my computer?

Specs:

Amd Athlon II 250 dual core 3 ghz
4 gigs of ram
geforce 8800gts 320mb card

I don't know, I have this funny feeling that if I tweak something else that I can probably even get better performance out of the game.

Do you have a PS3 or a 360? This is a wicked game, don't struggle with it. Buy a decent system and enjoy it properly.

Infern0
09-10-2009, 12:36 AM
this is why i hate pc gaming, **** like this.

This and Data4.cab error! ****ING ASSASINS CREED

Freddy Krueger
09-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I got it to work on my pc at 1600x resolution with medium graphics on. I could run it higher but the fps slow down at weird spots so I stick at this. And pc gaming owns when you don't have any money and people crack games :D