View Full Version : Roberto Duran vs. Manny Pacquiao - 135

'Sugar' Freddi
09-09-2009, 05:29 AM
Delete please. I made the thread in the wrong section.

turdleburgle
08-31-2010, 10:18 PM
pac is too quick and would ko duran

Killer Angel
09-01-2010, 04:37 AM
I am a filipino like Manny Pacquiao but I feel and think that if they fought during their primes,Roberto Duran would win.In fact,once,when Freddie Roach(Pacquiao's Trainer)was asked in ESPN on who he felt would win between the two,he said that Duran would win.

Ziggy Stardust
09-01-2010, 08:33 AM

Why delete? It's a legitimate topic :) I would have Duran winning by decision or late stoppage in what would go down as a "fight of the decade" kind of fight. Lots of give and take action with Manny possibly getting an early knockdown and Duran dropping Pacquiao late. This would be an all-action war that would actually be worth the PPV money even with a crap undercard. It certainly would be more entertaining than watching Manny outpoint a Mayweather who's afraid to throw punches.

Poet

sonnyboyx2
09-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Brilliant match-up and a `pick-em`fight.. Duran was lightening fast just like Pacquiao, i see this fight being a case of "Can Duran deal with Pacs southpaw style"... i agree with Poet this has `Fight of the Decade`written all over it with me edging towards Duran via close decision.

BennyST
09-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Brilliant match-up and a `pick-em`fight.. Duran was lightening fast just like Pacquiao, i see this fight being a case of "Can Duran deal with Pacs southpaw style"... i agree with Poet this has `Fight of the Decade`written all over it with me edging towards Duran via close decision.

Considering how easily he dealt with and dominated every southpaw (four or five at LW, can't remember plus Hagler) he faced apart from Hagler, whom he gave absolute hell too. Duran fought southpaws perfectly. Straight right, left hook, pressure and counter punching.

This is one of the reason I think Pac doesn't stand much of a chance in this fight...Maybe the reason Freddie Roach thinks the same.

talip bin osman
09-02-2010, 02:17 AM
duran can choose a safety first approach anytime he wants to... he can play defense and counter MP all night long and win easy...

but thats not duran though... i imagine him to be sum1 like JMM but stronger, more powerful, posesses a way better defense, a wider array of punches and firepower to match or even surpass MP's...

duran can lead or counter, can engage MP from the inside, midrage, or from the outside...

MP will have his moments... maybe giving duran some problems bcoz of his movements and angles...

MP is a monster in the ring... but on the other corner is a bigger monster who is also a crafty and powerful ring technician who well may be the most complete fighter he would have faced...

blaze778
09-02-2010, 02:27 AM

It's funny. They won't delete it because you asked, lol.

If you didn't ask, they would have deleted it even if you wanted to keep it.

'Sugar' Freddi
09-02-2010, 06:45 AM
It's funny. They won't delete it because you asked, lol.

If you didn't ask, they would have deleted it even if you wanted to keep it.

Lol yea, right. Not doing me anything. People are actually discussing it.