View Full Version : am i hispanic if i'm from Spain?

UncleSam
09-09-2009, 12:51 AM
am i hispanic if i'm from Spain?

what's the difference between hispanic and latino?

Toney Loc
09-09-2009, 12:54 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic/Latino_naming_dispute

IwatchBoxing
09-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Nah....It means you eat childern LOL

Sin City
09-09-2009, 12:32 PM

latino means from latin decent.
spanish, french, italian, potuguese &
it includes all of latin america.

most people don't even aknowledge the term "hispanic" and go by latino, here and all across latin america.
that's why I find it weird they would name the lounge the "hispanic" lounge..

The Underboss
09-09-2009, 12:55 PM
it's not worth it to dicuss about it.
it will alwaysb be a controversy :nonono:.

Alexandros
09-09-2009, 01:13 PM
its like saying in american but im from britain i am american coz we are the ancestors of the pilgrims. sometin like dat lol

Alexandros
09-09-2009, 01:15 PM

most people don't even aknowledge the term "hispanic" and go by latino, here and all across latin america.

that is by language latino, latin, but hispanic is more on race specificaly relates to people from the iberian peninsula spanish and portugues.

french are gallic, italians are latins, spanish and portugues are iberian.

baracuda
09-10-2009, 10:55 PM
its like saying in american but im from britain i am american coz we are the ancestors of the pilgrims. sometin like dat lol

stop tryin to be somebody youre not.....you are pinoy ..be proud of it...dont be telling peolple youre a ****in latino.....damn, i hate your kind of people...

baracuda
09-10-2009, 10:59 PM

hell ****in no....what is it about some of you motha****as claimin your this and that....the only spanish about pinoys are their last names....that is it.....asians....

pinoys= malay race....indonesians and malaysians are like pinoys......**** the colonized mentality......

stop the bull**** and be proud of who we truly are....god damn...

Aracibo04
09-10-2009, 11:20 PM

100% in agreement. I don't dig the term hispanic as much as latino. Although neither term really describes the mix that runs in our blood.

Aracibo04
09-10-2009, 11:23 PM
that is by language latino, latin, but hispanic is more on race specificaly relates to people from the iberian peninsula spanish and portugues.

french are gallic, italians are latins, spanish and portugues are iberian.

And thats is why I don't really get into the term hispanic and why I say that latino really does not describe the mix of races and cultures in our countries. So in the caribbean, central and south america the minority is hispanic/latino, while the mayority is a mix or african decent or native american decent...:ghost:

Alexandros
09-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Its probably spanish and portuguese language is dervied from latin so people in the spanish and portuguese colonies have just been called latino for short.

Cleto_Reyes
09-14-2009, 07:14 PM

no pinoys aren't hispanic

Alexandros
09-14-2009, 09:00 PM
no pinoys aren't hispanic

yes pinoys are hispanic in culture and way of life but are of an asian race. :luvbed:

Ether
09-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Spaniards are hispanic, but not Latino.

Alexandros
09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
yep, the term latino is very wrong, and what is wrong is they say only those who speak spanish very well are hispanic lol then those that could not are not even though the culture and way of life is very comparable.

So, pinoys should be considered americans also because we are very good in speaking english and singaporeans also be considered as british. :haha: :D