View Full Version : Bruce Lee Body

wXh
09-08-2009, 05:46 AM
http://www.jkdstuff.com/Images/Bruce%20Lee%20Ripped.jpg

I want to be lean and ripped. I don't want to get bulky because I like to scratch my back once a while.

Is it better to eat before or after you go to the gym for a lean and ripped body. I used Rippetoe's program but I only got bigger legs and I didn't get ripped where I wanted to get ripped (abs and arms). Does anybody have a program that I can use to get a Bruce Lee kinda body?

angus the bull
09-08-2009, 06:32 AM
If you eat you have to eat 1 hour before. I recommend lots of running, push-ups and sit-ups along with chin ups etc...

I don't have a program but you should be able to get a rough idea what his workout was with a bit of research over the net.

Good luck and have fun.

Mickey Gomez
09-08-2009, 06:35 AM
In order to achieve such a physique you need a combination of more reps less weight, less than 3% body fat (which is lower than what health organisations advise) and lots of calinisthetics http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/search.asp?muscle=Calisthenics&type=Exercises&equipment=yes.

Squirrel
09-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Bodyweight exercises, compound lifts supersetted with isolation exercises, and lots of cardio, particularly HIIT.

That kind of body is pretty easy to reach; just lift and exercise under calorie deficit and lose all that bodyfat, thats all it is.

Mickey Gomez
09-08-2009, 06:39 AM
In order to achieve such a physique you need a combination of more reps less weight, less than 3% body fat (which is lower than what health organisations advise) and lots of calinisthetics http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/search.asp?muscle=Calisthenics&type=Exercises&equipment=yes.

Journeyman
09-09-2009, 12:31 AM
man just run a lot and do intense rounds on the heavy bag. your arms, upper body, and core will become lean and ripped, just like your boy bruce.

Spartacus Sully
09-09-2009, 01:21 AM
and pull ups lots of pull ups

wXh.
11-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks you guys. I did a lot of pull ups and chin ups and compound movements. It really helped but I'm not making progress anymore. It would really help me if someone could give me a training program so I can gradually improve.

Mares
11-29-2009, 09:41 AM
i have a question, does bruce naturally have a body like this or did he have to work hard for this?

Sugarj
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Bruce worked very hard for his physique. If you see pictures of him in the late sixties he was nowhere near as ripped as in 1973, the year he died. His weight training contributed greatly to his physique.

Honestly.....achieving a Bruce Lee physique is as much about your diet as your training. Why dont you buy Bruce Lee's training book? i think it is called 'The Way of Expressing the Human Body' or something like that. I own a copy and it is very good. It gives you a number of weight and non weight exercises, tips on cardio and diet. Its a good read.

That said, getting that washboard stomach effect really requires a low body fat, best way to lower that is to do lots of running/cardio as well as abdominal exercise coupled with a very low carb but high protein diet. Lots of grilled chicken, grilled fish, low salt. Fruit and veg should be eaten too to keep your vitamin levels good and to maintain energy stores, but not too much. I wont promise you that you'll feel great, the body will not like the switch from sugars, salt, carbs, alcohol etc to a more frugal existence. But if you are dedicated, you will get the physique you want.

It worked for me, but right now I dont mind just a touch more body fat and the ability to enjoy my food!! Life is to be enjoyed too.

TheHolyCross
11-29-2009, 11:10 AM
the trick is having no bodyfat