View Full Version : Support the fight night round 5 wishlist and podcast!

POETICDRINK2U
09-08-2009, 04:35 AM
Let's make our suggestions, wishes, and ideas really make a difference this time around. Please don't wait to next year to start asking for things to be implemented, now is the time.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhDZS6HUlHY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qhDZS6HUlHY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/379.page

http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/57821

*2TOUGH*
09-08-2009, 04:46 AM
disagree with the things you suggested..

i would get rid of spammers.. or penalise the repeated haymaker spammers, penalise the ones that stun you with an illegal shot. basically fix the bugs..

them_apples
09-08-2009, 03:36 PM
speed it up big time and get rid of the inside fighting lock. also make head movement a little more effective..I often move my head out of the way and some wild ass hayemaker hits me anyways, this let's noobs win and rewards them for fighting dumb.

But yea, speed the game up..i want to be able to throw proper combos. Perhaps make punches do more damage as well (not stun damage, just blue bar damage) this would make people more cautious. I'd lower the stamina damage a body attack does and up the normal damage it does.

Most of all, the corner game is stupid. spammers still exists because if they manage to knock you down with spam, it gives them enough points to recharge their stamina. There doesn't seem to be any measure of how much damage you are doing if the corner game can replace a quarter of your health in one click.

JmtRyan
09-08-2009, 05:27 PM
For love of god, please make decisions more suspensful, i didn't just go 12 championship rounds in brutal fashion, to have some shoddy decision which tells me the winner straight away.

ИATAS
09-08-2009, 06:42 PM
-Footspeed needs to be faster and more fluid. With Pacquiao and guys like that I want to be able to guide in & out with ease.

-More weight classes in online play. 3 classes is pretty unacceptable. The traditional 8 classes would be perfect, if not at the very least 6.

-More dramatic scorecard announcements. Oh and maybe have some crazy judges, so every once in a while a bad decision (maybe not for online play though).

-Removal of the point system between rounds. Or at least take away stamina & health and only have it for cuts & swelling.

Random ideas, not improvements:
-I'd like to see more involved cornermen, more tips, etc. Also maybe the corner can stop the fight if you're taking too much punishment. Maybe towards the end if you're getting your ass kicked between rounds your corner could be like, "we're giving you one more round" then it's up to you to score a knockdown/ko or they will throw in the towel.

-Nose and ear blood.

-Broken jaws/noses/hand.
a). Broken jaw, head punches would obviously take a lot of damage
b). Broke Nose, head punches take more damage, stamina is severely effected
c). Broken hand, punching power is drastically decreased with broken hand.

Erik K
09-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I would like to see a guy stay down from 1 knockdown every once in a while. Not all the time but we dont always need to see a guy get up 2 times for sure and sometimes more.

Maybe have a seperate rating. Like a recovery rating.
For a guy like Lennox who was only down twice in his career but both times was not able to continue. Not saying everytime Lennox goes down in game he should be done but say 1 outa 5 or 1 outa 10 times 1st tike he goes down he is out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footwork. I would like to be able to backpeddle & charge in faster at times and not stick to opponent.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Creat a boxer options. More hairstyles for sure.

peewee1460
09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
just fix the glued feet glitch and round 4 would be fine. :dunno:

Gorgeous George
09-08-2009, 10:56 PM
more fighters please.........

DIB42
09-09-2009, 03:22 PM
-Footspeed
-More dramatic scorecard announcements. Oh and maybe have some crazy judges, so every once in a while a bad decision (maybe not for online play though).

I wanted to throw my opinion on this, Dramatic Decision Announcements are a must, I suggest, bring both guys to the middle of the ring, read off the scores, then have the ref raise someones hand, not this happy look/sad look thing they got now, hell there was more suspense in Punch Out w/ ref mario, do the same thing, but make it 21rst century.

Also as far as crazy judge scoring, this can be linked into the popularity meter, the more popular you are, the more likely you'll get the close rounds, this could be used in a story mode or something of the sorts

Broken hands and bones a must

The Gully Gad
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Fuk part 5 let them improve on 4 first through DLC...

I gotta say more fighters is all i crave everything else im happy with
add a few more fight venues on...

They could take a leaf from the old HBO boxing game that came out on the first ps one.
had nuff venues and nuff fighters...

crillz
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
honestly I think they should add A LOT of things, due to my situation at the moment I can't get in depth about it but for starters they need to bring back taunts, that has a psycological effect against certain guys, they see you do it and they try it, they get tagged and now you back in it, in real life it worked for Floyd against Zab and in round 3 it's hot..

they also need to let you take a knee to prevent damage, in taking a knee being that you sacrificed a point in the score they can give just like maybe a 5% boost than what you would normally get...

Graphics need to improve severely, this is kind of messing up the game for because it looks so lack luster, it's too arcadish and cartoonish, they need to add better texture to thecharacter models, they need to look REAL in every way, body size, height, weight, body frames, EVERYTHING..

a new knockdown system, I hate when I lose because I couldn't balance correctly, the average person was pissed and even though they got used toit, as I have, I still prefer the classic referee shirt ea logo joining, in round 3 it was better by 3 miles..

1 more thing for now, they need to keep buttons in the game, not no patch for later I'm talking even in the demo the buttons need to be present, they need to leave it like this for as long as Fight Night keeps making games.

this ain't even a fraction of the improvements I feel round 5 should have, I could go on for days because for as long as I can remember EA always leave something out, they never fully listen but Poetic seems like he's for real, I did this before for round 4 and it got lost in the wind but you know what if I could guaranteed be heard then I'll do it again for round 5. I bought every Fight Night over the counter at retail price since 2004 and every KO Kings too so I'm loyal to the series I just been disappointed

DIB42
09-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I'd be fine if taking a knee didn't increase my health any extra, but just allowed me one more time to get up if i did get knocked down, 'cos after 3 (sometimes 2) times down its worthless for me to try to get up, i figure if i could take a knee, it'd take a point but wouldn't count against me on the knockdown minigame.

But i don't see why you couldn't take a knee in stun mode, push, clinch and knee should be easy to do.

Grand Champ
09-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Speed it up and don't make one counter take all the life all the time when you play 2 players.. It takes the fun out of a good long even match.