View Full Version : Fight Night Round 2 a 50 Dollar Turd

Boxhead2012
03-04-2005, 03:42 PM
If you haven't bought the game yet, DON'T DO IT. FN 2004 was so popular because of the smooth gameplay and actuall boxing strategy you could apply to it. Why did EA change this? It baffles me. Even the graphics have taken a step down,something that should've gotten even better. The gameplay is quite a bit slower also. Us boxing fans should not have to "settle" on Round 2 just because it is new. Out of about 10 of my friends who purchased this game, 9 of them are going to sell it today. Save your money. 2004 definatley looks like it should have been the second installment in the series, and round 2 the First. Any of you guys feel as cheated as us? :boxing:

warped
03-04-2005, 03:44 PM
So goes the EA strategy of releasing a sequel every year to keep the cash flowing. Round 2 didn't really look impressive to me, and since it is missing so many of my favorite fighters I don't see a reason to give up the first game just yet.
Kaka

Edit: Thanks for the tip, btw.

IwatchBoxing
03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Seems to me the botton pushers hate this game, might get my copy today, but last year I was ranked at the 700's pushing bottons, and in the 1000's using anolog, so I'm not worried.

Boxhead2012
03-04-2005, 03:50 PM
I was playing FN 2004 online last night and EVERYBODY was dissing Round 2. If I can help just one person by saving them 50 bucks, it will make me feel better.

joeboxer
03-04-2005, 04:02 PM
You got to play it a little more before you judge it. 04 is like an old friend classic type game now, its hard making the transition.

Soldier01
03-04-2005, 04:21 PM
I have 04 and now I have FNR2 and I must say this game is definitely an improvement from last years slugfest. There was no movement when throwing punches you would have to plant your feet. In FNR2 theres more of a realistic feel because you can come in with a jab or any other punch and be able to move back and not be worried of catching 1 in the face. Don't get me wrong you can still get caught but, it definitely isn't because you had to plant your feet to throw a punch. Same thing goes for blocking. Now there's movement. And the graphics have also taken a turn for the better. The game looks great on my HDTV which the game also supports. I don't see where the complaints are at in this game.

spinksjinx
03-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Seems to me the botton pushers hate this game, might get my copy today, but last year I was ranked at the 700's pushing bottons, and in the 1000's using anolog, so I'm not worried.

I love configuration 4, You can use buttons and analogs and while I am not a button masher I am certainly not all tpc. I frequently change up depending on the position I am in and so forth.

I will jab with the buttons and hook with the tpc.

I like it.

I legitimately got my ass handed to me for the first time. Usually twats just throw haymakers but this guy countered and blocked every shot and landed at will. I was Robinson he was Ward, I was pissed and just laid down.

joeboxer
03-04-2005, 04:47 PM
can you throw an uppercut from the buttons or do you need tpc. Also a review I read said that certain combos are only available to tpc, any idea what those are?

xrhythmxnxbluesx
03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
fight night 04 is so much better than 05... only thing i like about 05 is the movement with the punches and the rope a dope... i dun like the training ****... and buying different attire gives you a boost on your attributes... totally dun like the haymaker...

Boxhead2012
03-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow. You guys are actually the first people I have heard giving Round 2 props. The graphics on Rd 2 are better? I think whoever posted that one was playing 2004 and didn't realize it. Don't get me wrong,there has to be improvements from 04, and EA corrected a few, (punching and moving, better career) but no doubt the game has taken a step bacwards when it comes to actuall gameplay and graphics. It almost reminds me of the Rocky boxing games the way the fighters are unproportioned.

BBFM
03-04-2005, 06:08 PM
nah this games awesome they haymakes 1 hit kos the fact that i can get my 2 fingers and rotate them on y and x to throw flurrys is just awesome

spinksjinx
03-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Head-Yes the graphics are better they added more textures and polygons how can they not be? Perhaps why people are saying it isnt as good looking is because they are using a view different from 04 it is a major difference in appearance.

Joe-Yes the uppercuts can be thrown the same way as in 04, as far as I can tell their are no noticeable combination benefits with the TPC except the haymaker.

.::EnRiQuE::.
03-04-2005, 10:00 PM
yea i'm gon' buy that game sunday. been saving up all my pennys since i heard about the game coming out.

Boxhead2012
03-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Don't say that I didn't warn you

.::EnRiQuE::.
03-05-2005, 04:25 PM
since you "warned me" about how "bad" the game was i decided to rent the game before i bought it. I thought the game is BETTER than the first fight night. Yes, it is alot harder with the defense, haymakers, and all dat good stuff but its also more realistic. you can move and block or punch while moving, you can determine how hard you want to hit with the haymaker, and you can tie up if ur hurt or being beat up and need a break. the game is better than the first. the only thing that isn't as good as the first is the training.

PacME
03-05-2005, 04:39 PM
nah this games awesome they haymakes 1 hit kos the fact that i can get my 2 fingers and rotate them on y and x to throw flurrys is just awesome

yeah i think the guys who dont like the game is just so use to seeing FN1 graphics..........you guys should played it a little longer then your eyes will get use to the Round 2 graphics and see the difference between FN1 and ROund 2 graphic!!!!! ;)

PacME
03-05-2005, 04:43 PM
damn that haymakers are so complicated to throw but i like it its a challenge........Im playing Manny Pacquiao in career mode

sgtheny
03-05-2005, 10:03 PM
this game is definantly an improvement over the old one. The graphics are better and the gameplay is solid. More freedom with movement and more realistic boxing make this game supierior to all. I cant believe people are acctually dissing this game.

spinksjinx
03-05-2005, 11:06 PM
this game is definantly an improvement over the old one. The graphics are better and the gameplay is solid. More freedom with movement and more realistic boxing make this game supierior to all. I cant believe people are acctually dissing this game.

People are trashing it because winning with the haymaker is to easy and the game is based off onto that for the casual players (which is like 90% of the players)

I would be lying to say if I didnt use the haymaker, I frequently use it when the guy is either open or when his meter is all the way down and a power shot would secure me a knockdown....But I dont constantly throw it.

LiverShot
03-06-2005, 12:00 AM
it's tempting to get a ps2 or xbox just so i can play this game.

joeboxer
03-06-2005, 12:28 AM
I beat the hell out of people who just throw haymakers!

spinksjinx
03-06-2005, 12:36 AM
it's tempting to get a ps2 or xbox just so i can play this game.

Save your money.

motiv
03-06-2005, 05:52 PM
The parrying is kinda screwed up i think though. If you parry a hook, the guys arm drops for practically 2 seconds, which seems a lot longer than Fight Night 2004. You know what's funny though, if you pick sugar shane mosley and make him do weight lifting for your prefight training and you reach the goal they set, he looks like 50 Cent after he's pumped up.

IwatchBoxing
03-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Just came home with it, do I make a career with a create custom, or a real fighter, and why?

PacME
03-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Just came home with it, do I make a career with a create custom, or a real fighter, and why?

both so you have to choose between a custom fighter or a real fighter........so yeah both!!! :D

Arfan1
03-19-2005, 07:25 AM
people made your verdict i need to know if i should buy the game or not, is it **** or is it better

The Italian Stallion
03-20-2005, 07:46 PM
I like Round 2 better than 2004. It's more realistic. The jabs are much better in Round 2.

Bubba3000
04-14-2005, 10:32 AM
I've had 2004 since it came out (for xbox), but I've been too poor and too busy to get Round 2 so far. This is the first time I've heard that there are tie-ups now, which is awesome. If EA's going for realism, it didn't make sense to fight my way up through the HW rankings and not see a single tie-up. And rope-a-dope? That's great too. Nice to see they're putting some thought into the additions. And one of the things that bugged me the most about 2004 was the inability to move up or down into another weight class to unify titles. I can't wait for this game, despite the negative comments on this board. I heard some bad stuff about 2004 last year as well, and I think they were totally wrong.

RockyMarciano
04-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Both games are great....they are diffrent games though....i used to think fn1 was way realistic until in play fn2....if you have eyes then you can see that the graphics are better for round 2.
everyone of you expected EA to realease the same game every year like they do with all of their games but fn2 broke that tradition and you would have to be an idiot to think it is not more realistic. as far as the haymakers.....thats awsome....they arent made to be used every punch though....people only through haymakers wich slows your boxer....then you can be beat to death by jabs alone....if you know anything about the game...or anything about boxing period you would treasure this game.....GET IT!

tysonortiz
04-15-2005, 03:19 PM
2004 is defintely better, many more options.

tysonortiz
04-15-2005, 03:20 PM
And...the only good thing about Fight Night 2 is the ability to go online and beat up on other people.

Jank
04-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Its pretty frustrating to play, 2 things i would change are the haymaker shots because i dont use the analoge stick, to tricky to use when mixing up the combos with the stick imo.

Jank
04-19-2005, 01:57 PM
and the stun you get when your punches are parried.

GuyIncogito
05-03-2005, 12:39 PM
I wanted to buy this game at some point, but I think I might just stick with 2004 now instead. It works for me, so why upgrade to a worse version?

dionysusolympus
05-04-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't particularly like the overuse of the haymaker. But the game is good IMO. It has much more fluid game mechanics, and the fighters move a bit more realistically, rather than planting the feet constantly in 2004. And the body punching mechanics seem more realistic.

chubb5000
05-04-2005, 07:29 PM
wow, thanks guys, i was gonna buy that in the next few days but now i will put it into a savings account waiting for round 3 to come out

spinksjinx
05-04-2005, 09:53 PM
I have given up online entirely, everytime I hop online to HOPEFULLY cant stress that enough. To get a good fight going, all someone ever wants to do is trashtalk and throw haymakers like they are tough ****, especially when you pick your fighter and they wait and wait and choose a maxed out custom boxer. Online gaming is horse****, great idea but people manipulate it.

I am just curious to hell, as to how one can have fun with a game where they just throw haymakers the whole time. All they care about are their win/loss records and it is ****ing sad, you would think you would get bored...I like to hop online to get a new style and see how I do with diversity, but **** everytime it is the same **** over and over.

Im pawning Round 2 it has lost its cool.

.:UK RuPtUrE:.
05-06-2005, 06:22 PM
I found Fight Night Round 2's features well good
eg Haymaker
Although i do agree about smoothness etc. :D

Manny_P
05-06-2005, 07:13 PM
the game is awesome. You really dont gotta use haymakers all the time to win. If you block/counter well, then it's easy to beat those basterds that use haymakers all the time. Just counter haymakers by throwing left then right uppercuts all the time. Trust me, I know.

Manny_P
05-06-2005, 07:18 PM
here's a cool technique:

if you throw lots of jabs, they're really effective and difficult to counterback. jab to body, then to head. Basically keep your opponents confused. Multiple jabs do more damage than one haymaker and they're difficult to counter.

also: this is dirty tactics, but you should throw illegal shots after the bell rings of every round. You won't get points deducted and you will seriously hurt your opponents. Keep doin them every round and your opponent will be cut. Trust me I know!

adeelr
05-06-2005, 11:07 PM
you kinda have to get used to round 2, its not all that bad, but i do believe that graphics of the first one were better than this.. although throwing a punch while moving is new which is good...but the haymaker is used too much..there should have been a limit or certain condition when it can be thrown, on the hard level, all the computer throws are haymakers, thats very unrealistic.

czars_salad
05-06-2005, 11:49 PM
The parrying is kinda screwed up i think though. If you parry a hook, the guys arm drops for practically 2 seconds, which seems a lot longer than Fight Night 2004.
i agree with this.. the parrying in the previous Fight Night is a much better simulation. however, the stutter steps are the better features of the latest fight night

spinksjinx
05-07-2005, 10:19 AM
haha thanks for the tip on cheap shots after the bell, I was Ali playing Marciano and did that and it gave him a hell of a cut. But later in the fight I did it before the bell rang accidentally and it DQ'D....But it gave him one hell of a cut.

Manny_P
05-07-2005, 04:00 PM
haha thanks for the tip on cheap shots after the bell, I was Ali playing Marciano and did that and it gave him a hell of a cut. But later in the fight I did it before the bell rang accidentally and it DQ'D....But it gave him one hell of a cut.

hehehehe, doo jest don't do it BEFORE THE BELL. you crazy man hehehe. it works amazing and I always do it.

EvilMark
05-12-2005, 01:19 AM
I love Round 2 the only thing i hate in Round 2 is the haymarker That **** sucks :mad:

jpboxer3
05-12-2005, 06:01 PM
This is a disgrace of a game for not having a true warrior and longtime Lightweight Champion Jose Luis Castillo in it.So I thought i'd make his CAB,here it is:

http://img194.echo.cx/img194/5984/castillo8dw5tj8zb.jpg

czars_salad
05-13-2005, 08:51 AM
I love Round 2 the only thing i hate in Round 2 is the haymarker That **** sucks :mad:
ya,, very corny. :o

Dkknight
05-15-2005, 06:46 AM
There are pro's and con's to each game. HOpefully EA will pick up on this and make a blend of the 2 in Round 3.

The thing I hate about round 2 is how the screen shakes when you do a haymaker. I think that is totally unecessary. Yeah, sure, in a first person view it would be great. But not when your view is in the 3rd person.

If Round 3 every turns out to be any good, I'd be willing to create a boxing league stricly for members of this forum who are looking for a realistic type of fight structure as opposed to going online and having to put up with all the garbage there. If anyone would like to help in this project, I'd be more than happy to get started on it now. I have a league for MVP Baseball you can check out at www.mvpleague.net, so I could probably do something similar for Fight Night.

spinksjinx
05-15-2005, 09:38 AM
The thing that irritates me a lot in fight round 2 and it is very minor. In the replays it is like they are afraid to show you the punches connecting and instead it just flashes whenever you land a punch. It just irritates me all to hell.

Aaenuel
05-15-2005, 02:07 PM
The thing I hate about round 2 is how the screen shakes when you do a haymaker. I think that is totally unecessary. Yeah, sure, in a first person view it would be great. But not when your view is in the 3rd person.

Try the swing camera, with a player relative controller configuration. You will never see screen shake again. :)

ste stinkeye ryan
06-09-2005, 01:54 PM
fight night round 2 rocks, can anyone tell me how i play it online?

TysonDamato86
06-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Bottom line is this..KUDO is a *****. The guy put out a solid game in 2004 and came back with an over the top arcade style slug fest. That is not the worst part though, the worst part is the blatent disrespect that this clown kudo brings to the sport of boxing.

1. He has Hall of Famer Joe Frazier in a southpaw stance. No excuse for this period.

2. There has been men who have died in the ring but kudo has over the top taunts in this game such as one fighter digging up the other fighters grave when he goes down.

3. He has The Greatest ever Ali doing backflips in the ring when he knocksout opponents. Are you kidding me?

4. Legend fighters such as Ali, Frazier, and Marciano come down the isle to rap music. Pure crap

Listen, as long as kudo is in charge easports will continue to deliver trash knows as Fight Night. Hey kudo :****you:

Oggsy
06-20-2005, 12:37 AM
What u walkin round with yer eyes shut FNR2 is way better than last years version /for 1 where was the clinching in last years version and y could u throw punches willy nilly in last yers version? just a damn button basher 2 player games never went more than few rounds in old game/ now i have fights 50/50 that they will go 2 end of 12 rounds
Also speed of game boxers and punch speed actually reduces now when u go 4 a few hooks never did b4 i think u guys dont know bs about games
This is the best EA fighting game and b4 this it was the ORIGINAL knockout kings

Oggsy
06-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Well i cant be assed explaining cos u cant be assed opening yer eyes but in a word

BS

jack_the_rippuh
06-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Bottom line is this..KUDO is a *****. The guy put out a solid game in 2004 and came back with an over the top arcade style slug fest. That is not the worst part though, the worst part is the blatent disrespect that this clown kudo brings to the sport of boxing.

1. He has Hall of Famer Joe Frazier in a southpaw stance. No excuse for this period.

2. There has been men who have died in the ring but kudo has over the top taunts in this game such as one fighter digging up the other fighters grave when he goes down.

3. He has The Greatest ever Ali doing backflips in the ring when he knocksout opponents. Are you kidding me?

4. Legend fighters such as Ali, Frazier, and Marciano come down the isle to rap music. Pure crap

Listen, as long as kudo is in charge easports will continue to deliver trash knows as Fight Night. Hey kudo :****you:

Lmao...that post right there contained some of the funniest **** I ever read.

Tha Greatest
06-24-2005, 06:32 PM
The only difference between the 2 is that you can throw bombs in round 2...

They need to improve the game BIG TIME...

I beat it, and then I wanted a lil challenge, so I fought Ali with Juan Manuel Marquez and knocked him out...

Now it sucks.

masterdirector
07-06-2005, 03:14 AM
See? Fight Night games just have no good replay value.

I'm telling you guys, put down a little money and import Victorious Boxers 2 and Victorious Boxers All-stars. Wait until September for VB All-Stars because they're having a UK release, which'll be FULLY in English. I might have to buy it again...*sighs*.

VB 2 and VB All-Stars BURY! yes BURY Fight Night Round 2 AND Fight Night Round 3. I'm confident that VB2 is better than Fight Night Round 3 will be. Now, when FNr3 comes out, people'll be all over its dick like its the greatest game ever. Give it 2 months...heh, VB2 will still be there, still be worth playing. FNr3, you will have done everything you could.

It has been May or so since I'd played Fight Night. And I played once before Hatton-Tszyu trying to give Hatton the edge by beating Tszyu with Hatton. Two weeks before, for some reason, don't ask me why, but I had Brewster vs. Golota and beat the F out of Golota pretty much like it really happened, before the real fight happened. So, I did the same with Hatton, thinking hey why not. It worked.

Since then, I've been playing the Victorious Boxers games very heavily, so I'm used to those controls.

Played my best friend in Fight Night today for the first time in quite a while. Last time we played, I beat the **** out of him. Like almost every single match. Let him win a couple times just so he'd keep playing. He only beat me once for real. This time, he'd been playing a lot, so we were about even. But the bull**** was I was averaging over 150 punches more landed each round. I can counter the **** out of him easy as hell. But he throws those gay ass haymakers and I don't use'em very much. So I lost more matches than him tonight, which really pissed me off.

Once we went decision, I was Mosley, he was Mayweather. I dropped him once and landed over 300 punches more than him (with a 10-15% higher connect rate too) and the computer gave him the ****ing decision.

So, for the next 2-3 days, I'm going to play my ass off on FNr2 and get good again. He ALWAYS plays on easy, I usually play on Normal. Tomorrow, I'll start playing Normal just to get to where I can master it, so a couple hours. Then, I'm switching it to Hard and not switching it back.

And this time, I'm going to try humiliating my friend every time we play. Not going to carry him unless I'm just ****ing around and embarrassing him. Definitely not going to throw any fights for him. Damn, I'm already so much better and more accurate. Those gay ass haymakers need to ****ing go. Had this been FNr1, I'd have beat his ass all night in almost every match.

The haymakers give ****ty people too much of a chance. Counters should be more effective. And if they're going to have the ****** ass haymakers, they should have it where if you counter the haymayer, its the same amount of damage that the haymaker would've been.

Also, there's no good reaction to counters. Like say someone is throwing their hook and you shoot the straight right. Their punch should lose most of its effectiveness and shouldn't always land. The game is too unfairly slanted toward power.

And, it shouldn't go into that gay ass "heartbeat" mode everytime someone is about to drop. **** that. It lets people off the hook too much, especially if they get the bull**** clinch.

masterdirector
07-10-2005, 07:02 PM
well, so much for training my ass off on that game. I got busy doing other ****. Played about 2 hours on medium. Should be good enough for me to win most fights tonight. Then I'll try practicing this week.

Off to fight on FNr2.

Kid Achilles
07-10-2005, 08:48 PM
The inclusion of the haymaker was my biggest gripe with the game. They completely robbed FNR2 of any strategy as haymaker rushes will almost always beat smart defensive boxing. Haymakers should be far more stamina costly then they are.

Another thing that pisses me off is the limited knockdown/knockout animations. Every single knockout is depicted by your opponent rising to his feet and falling. When you knock your opponent down you either do the stupid grave digger motion or wave to them. EVERY TIME. Lame as hell.

masterdirector
07-11-2005, 09:06 PM
I agree fully with everything you said Kid Achilles

I ****ing hate the haymakers. They make every other punch puny. Counters are all but meaningless unless you land 5-6 shots for every one haymaker. Makes me have to throw unbelievable flurries just to win.

Oh I beat the LIVING **** out of my friend last night. He didn't win a single match or really ever come close. I humiliated him like I've never done before. I could've done this several times in the past but he hadn't pissed me off so much before. I pulled a Tarver or Lennox Lewis, came back in the rematch and beat the **** out of my opponent in the rematch.

In the final match, my friend's last hurrah, I picked Hopkins, he took his created, maxed out Mike Tyson, the one I was unable to beat with any heavyweight last week (my first time playing in 2 months). This time, he came out strong and I was intimidated, but I just kept backing up and connecting, parrying, etc. By the 4th, he was in trouble. In the 5th, I knocked him down. In the 6th, 2nd knockdown, lights out for the 10 count. He had punched himself out by throwing way too many haymakers. I threw hardly any haymakers, just would go wild with straights on the inside mostly.

It was truly sweet.

Kid Achilles
07-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Isn't it great to just dominate friends in games, especially when they start to get a big head because they've had the ocassional close match with you? I know the feeling from playing Smash Brothers Melee in college on Gamecube, where sometimes I would have a bad match and my friends and they'd do well (either beat me or come very close to doing so) and then I would get pissed off and the next time I'd be ON and just kick the crap out of them and make them look like a clueless reject.

I've noticed a lot of times that video games can be like boxing and other sports, where confidence and the ability to visualize what you're about to do and follow through with it can allow you to do awesome things. It's all about getting into a certain mindset where you see yourself doing something in your minds eye, and then your body does it exactly as you saw it.

Anyway...they need to increase the straight right's power in that game bigtime among other things. I'm contemplating taking your advice and getting the UK version of the new Hajime no Ippo game rather than wait for Fight Night 3. I did buy the first Ippo game (the one with no create a boxer mode) and have been a little unimpressed (mostly with the fact that it is very easy to end up not facing your opponent) but can understand how the original was great for it's time with intuitive bobbing and weaving controls.

I wish they'd release the sequels here...

masterdirector
07-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Isn't it great to just dominate friends in games, especially when they start to get a big head because they've had the ocassional close match with you? I know the feeling from playing Smash Brothers Melee in college on Gamecube, where sometimes I would have a bad match and my friends and they'd do well (either beat me or come very close to doing so) and then I would get pissed off and the next time I'd be ON and just kick the crap out of them and make them look like a clueless reject.

I've noticed a lot of times that video games can be like boxing and other sports, where confidence and the ability to visualize what you're about to do and follow through with it can allow you to do awesome things. It's all about getting into a certain mindset where you see yourself doing something in your minds eye, and then your body does it exactly as you saw it.

Anyway...they need to increase the straight right's power in that game bigtime among other things. I'm contemplating taking your advice and getting the UK version of the new Hajime no Ippo game rather than wait for Fight Night 3. I did buy the first Ippo game (the one with no create a boxer mode) and have been a little unimpressed (mostly with the fact that it is very easy to end up not facing your opponent) but can understand how the original was great for it's time with intuitive bobbing and weaving controls.

I wish they'd release the sequels here...

You must not have really gotten into the game besides mostly playing Story Mode on VB1. I can still pick that game up today and enjoy it. I actually now like it better than the Fight Night games, although I liked them when they first came out better than VB1. Its got much better replay value in that reguard.

The Vs. Mode matches are where I had my real fun. Of course now its nothing compared to VB2 or VB All-stars. At least counter punches actually mean something in that game though.

And I'm still not fully sure what they use in the VB engine to determine when you're knocked down. There's no visible meter and it definitely isn't just a hidden meter that runs out b/c if that were the case, you could put it on 2 player (playing alone) and hit the 2nd player the same number of times with the 1st player in consecutive matches (say its Ippo vs. Miyata.) If I'm Ippo and fight a stationary Miyata, the first time it might take 20 punches to knock him down, the 2nd time it might take 43 punches, even if the same exact punch is used. So obviously its a more advanced system they're using in that reguard.

Yeah mindset plays a HUGE part I think too. When I'm pissed off, I can't even do THAT great on Medium on FNr2. Heck, the main time I lose is when I'm angry. I'll get mad, want to rush across and knock the opponent out as quick as possible, then I'm unable to, which further frustrates me, then I end up losing.

Masta_Arena
07-30-2005, 12:55 AM
lol im the best at rd2 im the king at fight night ..im the king around here

Inf3rn0
08-06-2005, 04:23 PM
If you haven't bought the game yet, DON'T DO IT. FN 2004 was so popular because of the smooth gameplay and actuall boxing strategy you could apply to it. Why did EA change this? It baffles me. Even the graphics have taken a step down,something that should've gotten even better. The gameplay is quite a bit slower also. Us boxing fans should not have to "settle" on Round 2 just because it is new. Out of about 10 of my friends who purchased this game, 9 of them are going to sell it today. Save your money. 2004 definatley looks like it should have been the second installment in the series, and round 2 the First. Any of you guys feel as cheated as us? :boxing:
the haymakers on round 2 are ****. you can throw about 50 and no teven get that tired, plus they dont do as much damage as ea sports make them out to be, as the sed " When one ea sports haymaker lands, only one man stands." BOLLOKS! plus all you have to do is throw a punch and move back straight away then its very hard to counter with out punch at the same time. plus once you get to about 35 all your stats start to go down and they expect you to get all stats to 100. This is most probly poss. but i find it very hard to do and have not done it since.
Foght night round 3 is out on the new comsoles so obv.graphics will pic up but round 3 may take up a lot of mem or summing as nothing comes for free, you cant have a good game that dont demand anything more that others.

Dunno if any1 else has sed this.

Run
08-07-2005, 04:21 AM
What I am laughing at.....is people do not understand the idea of counterpunching with haymakers.

if someone swings.....and you DODGE NOT PARRY a shot, and throw a haymaker at the right time, it does five times the damage.

Ricomania77
08-07-2005, 07:19 AM
plus once you get to about 35 all your stats start to go down and they expect you to get all stats to 100. This is most probly poss. but i find it very hard to do and have not done it since....

Dunno if any1 else has sed this.
for you to get the ironman award (perfect ratings) you gotta take the fight where you have to wait the least amount of time. For example, take the 8 week fight, rather than the 30 week fight, etc. You'll get more fights in, and by the time you're in you're late 20's, you'll have perfect ratings.

MetalVomit
08-07-2005, 08:08 PM
lol im the best at rd2 im the king at fight night ..im the king around here

I sincerely disagree.

BoxingPrincess
08-07-2005, 09:13 PM
i'm gonna get both...mikey anchondo looks so cute in the 2nd one...and roid not being the cover of it is a plus ;p

jack_the_rippuh
08-07-2005, 09:14 PM
i'm gonna get both...mikey anchondo looks so cute in the 2nd one...and roid not being the cover of it is a plus ;p

Hey! Girls can't play video games.
They're suppose to cook and sew and play with barbies and stuff.
Bad karma for you.

j/k....about the karma stuff, anyway.

EXIGE
08-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Bad karma for you.

Hahaha. If i said this **** my name would be all voer Thunderdome and i would have been banned and shamed on these forums. You seem to get away with this contraversial stuff quite a bit, even though i know it was a joke. People dont take kindly to jokes, well not mine anyway. (ask me if you want some examples).

Nevertheless funny stuff.

jack_the_rippuh
08-07-2005, 10:53 PM
I totally agree.
Some people take jokes way too seriously on this site.
I'm just glad I can get away with it.

What haven't you been able to get away with anyway, and is your beef with pbds still at large?

EXIGE
08-08-2005, 12:14 AM
I totally agree.
Some people take jokes way too seriously on this site.
I'm just glad I can get away with it.

What haven't you been able to get away with anyway, and is your beef with pbds still at large?
Erm no, no problem with pbds until he mentions my name in any sort of disrespectful thread.

Atm i have a problem with JoeBoxer and SliqueJab instead :D.

I never have a problem with anything you say generally, cos most of it is jokey, like what you said in this thread for example.

Inf3rn0
08-08-2005, 09:57 AM
What I am laughing at.....is people do not understand the idea of counterpunching with haymakers.

if someone swings.....and you DODGE NOT PARRY a shot, and throw a haymaker at the right time, it does five times the damage.
my experience, is that once you have thrown the haymaker(and still have a decent agility) then you just walk bak str8 away and it makes countering very difficult, that just my exp tho.

(BLOODY CAN NEVA SPELL THESE DAYS, TUT)

Inf3rn0
08-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Atm i have a problem with JoeBoxer and SliqueJab instead :D.
hahahaha (like the smiley)

BoxingPrincess
08-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Bad karma for you.

i do cook and sew if i'm so inclined...but i also enjoy using hopkins to punch dlh in the nuts :D

spinksjinx
08-09-2005, 08:59 AM
my experience, is that once you have thrown the haymaker(and still have a decent agility) then you just walk bak str8 away and it makes countering very difficult, that just my exp tho.

(BLOODY CAN NEVA SPELL THESE DAYS, TUT)

I hate people who parry, I also hate as soon as the bell rings they rush over to you and throw nothing but haymakers.

I love it when I throw a punch and my opponent will throw a punch and I will duck and come back up and smack them with a haymaker. :D Very effective stuff.

jack_the_rippuh
08-09-2005, 10:20 AM
I hate people who parry, I also hate as soon as the bell rings they rush over to you and throw nothing but haymakers.

I love it when I throw a punch and my opponent will throw a punch and I will duck and come back up and smack them with a haymaker. :D Very effective stuff.

You right about what you said. That game lost it's cool...and it lost it quick.

Inf3rn0
08-11-2005, 10:29 AM
spinks, you must h8 me then :p

Mattyp151
10-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Haymaker whores ruin the online game. They just keep tossing haymakers only, and then talk if they win. What they do takes no skill. Me and a friend of mine fight haymakers only after parrying. That takes away the random haymakers out of nowhere that ruin the game. We've had a few fights go the distance and we've only fought about 5 times. However, sad to say my Butterbean character didn't get much past the 2nd round after being DQ'ed for throwing nothing but Headbutts for 6 minutes.

masterdirector
10-19-2005, 01:38 AM

Didn't know that. If I dodged I would throw normal punches. They don't give you **** for realistic counters on the game, which is bull****. FN Round 2 is a glorified Arcade game with the inclusion of the haymakers.

I try fighting mostly correctly, without the haymakers. I basically don't use them against friends unless they use them first.

Oh, that friend I mentioned way earlier, that was zabkillsspinks. I beat the **** out of him on the game.