View Full Version : wht does everyone think of fn4 online?

sterling
09-02-2009, 07:13 PM
What does everyone think of it?

ИATAS
09-02-2009, 07:20 PM
It's pretty solid.

There recently was a stamina patch which helps out a lot for those annoyed of the spammers that just throw the same punch over and over, those guys will be gassed by 2-3 rounds now.

My only complaint is the weight classes, there definitely should be more than 3.

Other than that I've had great experiences. Of course you'll come across some idiots, just like in real life, but I've been playing since it came out and don't plan on stopping any time soon and that rarely happens to me for any type of game. My online record is 250-30 or some **** like that, so I know how to play fairly decent, which helps.

sterling
09-02-2009, 08:32 PM
i get pissed off with spammers and fighting guys who are so much better with bigger records. I gta admit not very newbie friendly now.

ИATAS
09-02-2009, 08:38 PM
i get pissed off with spammers and fighting guys who are so much better with bigger records. I gta admit not very newbie friendly now.

You should only fight guys with a similar skill level as you then. I don't think it's very fair for a guy who's 450-8 to be fighting on newbies either.

Rather than do the fight now option on online play, customize it so that it searches for only guys with the same, or similar, skill level. That should help out a bit.

Shadow boxer 3
09-02-2009, 08:38 PM
online ****in sucks. all people do is spam. it takes no skill. any retard that can throw the same punches over and over can beat u

ИATAS
09-02-2009, 08:44 PM
all people do is spam. it takes no skill. any retard that can throw the same punches over and over can beat u

That's simply not true there are a ton of very skilled players online. Sure, there are spammers too but like you said they are retarded, and for me fighting retards is much easier than fighting a non-retard, they are the easiest people to beat in the game (that's why they are called retarded right?).

If someone is throwing the same punch over and over again, for one, that's awesome for you because you know exactly what his next punch will be. Counter him. Two, the new stamina patch really effects spammers, so again anyone throwing the same punch over and over will be completely out of gas within a couple rounds. I'm not sure if you've played since the recent update, but it has improved online play quite a bit, at least in my experience anyway, I've noticed less and less spammers (cuz that **** dont work!).

DIB42
09-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Online is great, my only complaint, and its a BIG BIG BIG complaint is there are only 3 weightclasses, Lightweight, middle, and heavy.... and seriously it limits who i get to choose online, i don't want to fight with ricky hatton against marvin hagler, I'm praying that when they release more DLC fighters they'll add more weightclasses.

TheCheetah
09-03-2009, 03:02 AM
I like it. They need to change the weight classes though. I agree with the poster above.

TRAVI$
09-03-2009, 08:26 AM
This game would be unreal if it allowed you to box from the outside...

Mersey
09-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I think it's amazing online.

Like everybody else says though, 3 weight classes is ****. I would like to go a WW sometimes, I choose Hearns then they choose SRR. Not fair.

TRAVI$
09-03-2009, 11:58 AM
So I thought, it's pouring down out... lets give FNR4 Online another go
The patch has fixed **** all really :rofl:
It's a complete joke... I just faced the #1 Ranked guy online "House Niqqqa" or something... he used a guy he called "Left Hand Spammer" and as you probably guessed he just kept throwing left hands

Because you can't get away from the opponent, you are forced to pick the shots off and counter... but it's near impossible as the the punches are too quick to counter everytime and the guard meter goes down way faster than their stamina, so eventually you start getting hit

Load of ****e.

Run
09-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I used to say spamming wins all but it doesn't.

There are just guys that are sick counter punchers. They slip everything you throw, and return, and they never lead with punches.

They're actually worse than spammers. You flat out cannot hit them and when you try you get rocked and go down.

Equilibrium
09-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Well i can't really speak from experience as i only have 3 fights online. When i had just picked up the game a few weeks ago i decided to try to fight online with only a couple of fights in legacy.

My first fight i caught a spammer, he was spamming body shots and haymakers. I got knocked out in 4 rounds and only put him down once, i was pissed that people like that didn't care about boxing and just exploited the cheapest way to win.

I kept playing without touching the online until last monday, i tried two fights, first one was another spammer but i had learned more about the game so i countered my way to a 5th round knock out, was still frustrating and now fun. Then i was matched up agaisnt somebody who played the game for real, threw combinations, countered, used head movement. Honestly it was a blast, we traded a couple of knock downs but i eventually got him in the 7th.

So yeah, if you catch spammers, you can beat them, but will it be fun? No. But if you fight people who play the game for real, it's ****ing great.

Erik K
09-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Online is great. Why don't you guys try playing some players closer to your skill level?

Of course the top 50 guys on the planet outa 700,000 are probably cheating , exploiting glitches in the game and not playing anything close to sim style boxing. But out of the 300 or so online fights I have had I would say 90% are fun and competitive.

Just search for a player at your ranking or within a few levels.