View Full Version : Effective Combinations?

Hearnsz
09-02-2009, 06:12 PM
What are some of your favourite combinations/punches that you've found very effective in sparring/fights? Meaning they land easily.

What I land often is:
Jab -> Left Hook -> Straight Right
parry opponents jab -> Lead Right

mrboxer
09-02-2009, 06:15 PM
mine is jab jab right,or jab right left hook,i did this at the bar last night and kayoed the bouncer:boxing:

RightHooker
09-02-2009, 06:35 PM
That's dangerous because you can get hit by your opponents own straight right if he throws a 1-2 instead of just a jab. Not saying it doesn't work though. I just prefer to do it to southpaws.

TheNegation
09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Left Hook, Right Straight Knee to the Liver

DIB42
09-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Orthodox or southpaw? Not that it really matters cause it all depends on the opponent, although Righthooker brings up a good point, about the parry/lead OBV.

MonsieurGeorges
09-03-2009, 02:08 AM
left uppercut on the inside, step back for distance and a big straight right

Hanoncs
09-03-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm Southpaw so I love Right jab, Right to the body, Right uppercut, All that time my left is sitting on my cheek to protect from his right. I might throw a left hook after that uppercut if it lands solid:boxing:

RightCross94
09-03-2009, 03:17 AM
a fast left followed by a crushing right handed blow that leaves my adversary unconcious on the canvas.

sammiza567
09-03-2009, 03:26 AM
my check hook lands on command no matter who you are. its too fast and from an angle you cant see lol. 1-1-2 is great. i like throwing one of those jabs to the body too. 1-1-3-2. lead right hands. jab to the body is one of the easiest punches to land. lead right left hook slip. 1-2 flying knee elbow.

Akucapri
09-03-2009, 06:46 AM
my check hook lands on command no matter who you are. its too fast and from an angle you cant see lol. 1-1-2 is great. i like throwing one of those jabs to the body too. 1-1-3-2. lead right hands. jab to the body is one of the easiest punches to land. lead right left hook slip. 1-2 flying knee elbow.

rofl sure.

YoungJab
09-03-2009, 08:44 AM
rofl sure.

for what???

Equilibrium
09-03-2009, 09:32 AM

Yah man me too, my best combo is crazy, i start with a triple left hook, a straight right, a spinning karate chop, then a double flying uppercut and i end that **** with an hadoken fireball to the body.

Dumbass.

DIB42
09-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Yah man me too, my best combo is crazy, i start with a triple left hook, a straight right, a spinning karate chop, then a double flying uppercut and i end that **** with an hadoken fireball to the body.

Dumbass.

Not to nit pick, but you really should hide the hadoken fireball behind a jab, any decent opponent is going to parry and then sonic boom your ass

Яша
09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
i like to do the left jab, straight right, left uppercut combination. it works.

#1Assassin
09-03-2009, 04:27 PM

Dumbass.

LOL.

in all seriousness. i like the 1-1-2, 1-2-liver shot, and if someone is coming forward i love to jab then catch them walking in with a right uppercut, follow with the left hook and finish with a straight right.

if all that fails i go mayorga on the son of a *****. left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook until i get winded from smoking and then i surprise them with an uppercut.

mrboxer
09-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Left Hook, Right Straight Knee to the Liverthe left hook is good the right straight is good but by the time you bring your knee up i would of countered you with a hook to the jaw and two fast rights you would be out for at least a minute only to be awaken with the help of smelling salts:boxing:

mrboxer
09-03-2009, 04:48 PM
left uppercut on the inside, step back for distance and a big straight rightleft uppercut is good,when you are stepping back i will unleash an over hand right that will knock you into tomorrow.tip,when you throw a uppercut always follow up with a left hook:boxing:

Verstyle
09-03-2009, 05:03 PM
I like to do lead rights followed by left hook then right to body. Too much leverage in that to not be effective with at least one hit.

Jab and right hook to body then left hook upstairs(either a hook or uppercut/hook)

left hook then right uppercut in southpaw stance then another left hook upstairs

Straight right to the body then left hook to the body then left upstairs.

Counter right hand to the body after their jab then a right hook to body to uppercut following quickly( Tyson style)

(If you're fast enough) Jab then uppercut to body with same hand then with same hand a uppercut upstairs

Straight right hand then left uppercut to body then left uppercut

Counter with slipping their right then throw a left hook to the body then follow with a left uppercut upstairs then a right hook to body

Over hand right then a compact left hook

Jab jab, feint then a over hand right

GreatRubdini
09-03-2009, 05:13 PM
i like throwing jab jab right and left hook to the body or head..my fav combo

mrboxer
09-03-2009, 06:00 PM
i like throwing jab jab right and left hook to the body or head..my fav combogood combo,and remember keep your chin tucked in:boxing:

Nick Fury
09-03-2009, 06:25 PM
I actually just got back from the gym, I had a pretty successful four, five minute rounds today. My most succesful combo today was, feint the jab, left hook, right straight and left kick to the ribs/thigh. 1-1-2 is always nice, can't go wrong with that. But my favorite combo is probablllyyy...1-2-3, right kick.

Joachim
09-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Shin Shoryuken!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQJVKUGmfSc

mrboxer
09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I actually just got back from the gym, I had a pretty successful four, five minute rounds today. My most succesful combo today was, feint the jab, left hook, right straight and left kick to the ribs/thigh. 1-1-2 is always nice, can't go wrong with that. But my favorite combo is probablllyyy...1-2-3, right kick.are you kidding,by the time you try to kick me i will have given you a two shot combo to the face and you would be laid out cold:boxing:

boxingsmash69
09-03-2009, 11:00 PM
i like to do the left jab, straight right, left uppercut combination. it works.

that's definitely a juan manuel marquez combo. the way he throws it looks beautiful and crisp. especially in the juan diaz fight.

dj Ramos
09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
i like jab, straight, left uppercut, right hook or straight right

Nick Fury
09-04-2009, 11:13 AM
are you kidding,by the time you try to kick me i will have given you a two shot combo to the face and you would be laid out cold:boxing:

LOOL hey tough guy, I'd love to spar with you, where do you live?

Casparrr
09-04-2009, 11:17 AM
I like the 1-1-2
or fake jab right straight
right uppC-left hook
left uppC-right sraight

1-2-3

mrboxer
09-04-2009, 11:22 AM
i only spar against boxers,re:if i spar against someone who tries to kick me,that person would be meet with a 2 punch combo that would put him layed out,and with the help of smelling salts would be able to learn from this goofy kick,a pro boxer would beat an mma fighter any time:boxing:

Nick Fury
09-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I'll just box then, no biggie. And I'm not talking MMA I'm talking Muay-Thai you ignorant fool.

mrboxer
09-04-2009, 12:10 PM
im glad your favorite fighters are all boxers,keep up the training and remember jab jab right,keep your chin tucked in:boxing:

sammiza567
09-04-2009, 05:45 PM

Dumbass.

i would tell you to get over your many knockout losses and dont hate on me. but you have gatti in your profile so respect for that. queer.

sammiza567
09-04-2009, 05:57 PM
rofl sure.

im sorry i guess alot dont get my jokes i was just kidding around with the landing on command thing lol. but what is there something wrong with the combos i talked about? im a boxing background just getting into mma so im trying to incorporate knees and elbows in there with my best boxing combos is all. counter hooks and lead rights are pretty common. im a speed fighter so i do alot of flashy stuff is all. i know that 98% of people talking about all these flashy combos cant actually do them effectivley so i understand your post, but all im saying is im at the level where i can land these on solid pro fighters...

Hearnsz
09-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Just to clear things up a bit.
When someone says a long combo you shouldn't blast him saying: "no way you can land all those shots in a row"

With effective combo I mean: a combo of which at least 1 or 2 punches often land. Many punches in the combination can be meant to set other shots up.

Danny_123
09-07-2009, 05:55 PM
jab, straight, left hook...... to the head........
......then the money shot.......right hook to the body.

mrboxer
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
do you know boxing,what are you trying to say with this combo,it does not make ant sense,this combo will not work,even if you try it against a heavy bag you will trip and fall,so start training and buy some boxing start up kits,so you will know a little more:boxing:

ophqui
09-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Left hand, Right hook body, Left hand

Jab, Left hand Body, Right hook

Jab, Jab, Left Hand

Yes, i over rely on my left, but i win bouts doing it, so go figure

mrboxer
09-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Left hand, Right hook body, Left hand

Jab, Left hand Body, Right hook

Jab, Jab, Left Hand

Yes, i over rely on my left, but i win bouts doing it, so go figurei do not know how you are winning bouts using this combo,oh i know you are shadow boxing,you are leading me to believe you are a beginner in this sport,you just know the basics,go to a gym where there is a trainer and he will help you:boxing:

Kayo
09-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Jab to the head, straight right to the body, left hook to the head, straight right to the head

mrboxer
09-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Jab to the head, straight right to the body, left hook to the head, straight right to the headplease do not use this combo,refrain from using this combo,re: this combo does not work.:boxing:

ophqui
09-10-2009, 06:30 AM
i do not know how you are winning bouts using this combo,oh i know you are shadow boxing,you are leading me to believe you are a beginner in this sport,you just know the basics,go to a gym where there is a trainer and he will help you:boxing:

Well, i am. Go through my post history and you can watch a few of them that have been posted on here. okthanxbi

mrboxer
09-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Well, i am. Go through my post history and you can watch a few of them that have been posted on here. okthanxbito be effective you need better combos,the ones that you use are easy to counter,that is all i am trying to say,you are just a beginner and with proper training and knew combos i hope that you do well:beerchug:

ophqui
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
to be effective you need better combos,the ones that you use are easy to counter,that is all i am trying to say,you are just a beginner and with proper training and knew combos i hope that you do well:beerchug:

What? mate it depends whos throwing them as to whats 'easy to counter.' I'd love to know what it is that puts you in a position to comment on my ability and experience based on a few words i chucked down on a forum, if you can do that your one of the greatest trainers/psychics who has ever lived

mrboxer
09-10-2009, 11:25 AM
i am not putting you down personally,i think that your combos need improving:boxing:

Яша
09-10-2009, 11:53 AM
i am not putting you down personally,i think that your combos need improving:boxing:

how can you know if his combos need improving when you haven't seen him fight? no offence but stop commenting on other peoples combos and telling them not to do it. because you haven't seen them fight. what works for one might not work for another y'know. everybody boxes diferently.

mrboxer
09-10-2009, 12:25 PM
how can you know if his combos need improving when you haven't seen him fight? no offence but stop commenting on other peoples combos and telling them not to do it. because you haven't seen them fight. what works for one might not work for another y'know. everybody boxes diferently.this is a big crock,are you a fan of boxing,do not write jiberish i am giving my opinion on combos and his are coming from a rookies perspective,you do not know boxing so if i were you start to learn,jab jab ,right,jab duck left hook,i just gave you a view pointers,so enjoy keep posting:boxing:

Laggrider
09-10-2009, 01:13 PM
I love to double up the jab followed by right straight and end with left hook.

Яша
09-10-2009, 01:14 PM
this is a big crock,are you a fan of boxing,do not write jiberish i am giving my opinion on combos and his are coming from a rookies perspective,you do not know boxing so if i were you start to learn,jab jab ,right,jab duck left hook,i just gave you a view pointers,so enjoy keep posting:boxing:

I have an amatuer record of 11-4, so yes I do know boxing. Now shut the **** up and go away.

mrboxer
09-10-2009, 04:47 PM
that is a good record:boxing:

ophqui
09-10-2009, 05:22 PM
^exactly, why are you telling him (and me) that we're novices etc when you dont know **** about us? Im 6-2-1 as an amatuer, with a couple of unlicensed wins as well, i dont want, or need your useless 'advice,' either know what your talking about or dont comment on other peoples posts, theres no need for it and it makes for a ****ty atmosphere on the forum

mrboxer
09-10-2009, 07:17 PM
^exactly, why are you telling him (and me) that we're novices etc when you dont know **** about us? Im 6-2-1 as an amatuer, with a couple of unlicensed wins as well, i dont want, or need your useless 'advice,' either know what your talking about or dont comment on other peoples posts, theres no need for it and it makes for a ****ty atmosphere on the forumyou must be mad,i said the record is good not the fighter,you are probably counting your out of control sparring sessions a fight,so hit the road jack,how does that shania twain song go that dont impress me,:boxing:

Яша
09-10-2009, 07:22 PM
you must be mad,i said the record is good not the fighter,you are probably counting your out of control sparring sessions a fight,so hit the road jack,how does that shania twain song go that dont impress me,:boxing:

you have the nerve to call me a bad fighter when you NEVER seen me fight? you havent seen the other guy fight to. yet you call us beginners. ***** i have boxed for 6 years. now shut hell up.

mrboxer
09-10-2009, 07:26 PM
keep boxing and good luck,but if i read or see something about boxing i will give my opinion just like you,you lack skill,but you are just a beginner you will gain skill through motivation and hard work:boxing:

Яша
09-10-2009, 07:42 PM
keep boxing and good luck,but if i read or see something about boxing i will give my opinion just like you,you lack skill,but you are just a beginner you will gain skill trough motivation and hard work:boxing:

I lack Skill? you have NEVER seen me fight.

I am just a beginner? I have boxed 6 years and have an amatuer record of 11-4.

like what the **** is wrong with? where do you get this from? why do you say im a beginner and lack skill? huh? you know nothing about me and have never seen me fight yet you say i lack skill.

mrboxer
09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
I lack Skill? you have NEVER seen me fight.

I am just a beginner? I have boxed 6 years and have an amatuer record of 11-4.

like what the **** is wrong with? where do you get this from? why do you say im a beginner and lack skill? huh? you know nothing about me and have never seen me fight yet you say i lack skill.let me put it mildly your combos are weak,they are not a good form,you are a nice person but you are not a boxer,as for your so called record,take it shania that dont impress me:popcorn:

Equilibrium
09-11-2009, 03:05 AM
let me put it mildly your combos are weak,they are not a good form,you are a nice person but you are not a boxer,as for your so called record,take it shania that dont impress me:popcorn:

Shut the **** up you keyboard warrior. Your advice aren't worth ****, you never actually stepped in a boxing gym and it's easy to tell.

All you do is post your garbage in here and think people will actually listen to you. 90% of the people that post in this section could put on a boxing clinic on you, cause unlike you, most of us box for real.

Яша
09-11-2009, 03:52 AM
let me put it mildly your combos are weak,they are not a good form,you are a nice person but you are not a boxer,as for your so called record,take it shania that dont impress me:popcorn:

what combos? the only combo I have mentioned on this thread is jab-right-left uppercut, I know that juan Manuel Marquez does this combo. The ONLY thing you know about me and my boxing is that I like to throw the jab-right-left uppercut, thats the ONLY thing. you have NEVER seen me fight.

what makes my combos weak? huh? answer me this.

why am I a bad boxer? you never seen me fight and know nothing about me.

now shut the **** up and go away.

Talon
09-11-2009, 07:26 AM
Shut the **** up you keyboard warrior. Your advice aren't worth ****, you never actually stepped in a boxing gym and it's easy to tell.

All you do is post your garbage in here and think people will actually listen to you. 90% of the people that post in this section could put on a boxing clinic on you, cause unlike you, most of us box for real.

i wouldnt say most of us box.. but i would say most of us have boxed and yes we probably would put a boxing clinic while switching styles and naming the fighter we're emulating

mrboxer
09-11-2009, 10:49 AM

All you do is post your garbage in here and think people will actually listen to you. 90% of the people that post in this section could put on a boxing clinic on you, cause unlike you, most of us box for real.to be a good boxer not only do you need good combos,but you also need discipline,and an ability to control your self away from the gym,:arabia:

Яша
09-11-2009, 12:35 PM
to be a good boxer not only do you need good combos,but you also need discipline,and an ability to control your self away from the gym,:arabia:

answer why you think I have bad combos and why I'm a bad boxer? when you have NEVER seen me fight and the only combo I have mentioned on here is the jab-right-left uppercut.

Nick Fury
09-11-2009, 04:44 PM
On the real mrboxer, where do you live? i really really want to step in the ring with you. No bull**** either, next time I'm in your city I'll give you a call. Soooo where you from Mr. Almighty?

ticklegore_
09-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Come on guys, mrboxer is just a troll. A pretty funny one imo :P

Lokotron
09-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Jab-> Jab->Left Uppercut if your of orthodox stance.
Jab-> Jab->Right Uppercut if your a southpaw.

roby_acer
09-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Fake the right hook throw a straight left then pull back with a right hook.

Duck under the jab,land your right hand then dig a left to the body with a left to the head followed by a right uppercut.

mrboxer
09-12-2009, 10:43 AM
these combos are pretty good,i used one a little similar in a bar fight and i kayoed the bouncer:drillserg

FM3O
09-13-2009, 05:46 AM
What are some of your favourite combinations/punches that you've found very effective in sparring/fights? Meaning they land easily.

What I land often is:
Jab -> Left Hook -> Straight Right

I like throwing two jabs while moving forward towards my opponent
and slightly to my left, then throw
a hard straight right to the head if I feel I can land down the middle,
if not I Throw it to the body, then follow it up with a left hook or two, pivot and get outta there.

peewee1460
09-13-2009, 07:17 AM
jab to the head, drop it to the body, right hand back upstairs, left hook to the body.

Del Coqui
09-13-2009, 09:24 AM
lol.

In all seriousness. I like the 1-1-2, 1-2-liver shot, and if someone is coming forward i love to jab then catch them walking in with a right uppercut, follow with the left hook and finish with a straight right.

If all that fails i go mayorga on the son of a *****. left hook, right hook, left hook, right hook until i get winded from smoking and then i surprise them with an uppercut.

careful!....................

mrboxer
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM
careful!....................sorry this combo is hilarious, are you kidding.are you making a joke,:stooges:

Del Coqui
09-14-2009, 12:44 PM
sorry this combo is hilarious, are you kidding.are you making a joke,:stooges:

I guess that depends on who is in front of you, start winging hooks at someone who can counter with decent power might be a bad idea.:haha:

Left2theliver
09-14-2009, 12:46 PM
I like the 1-2 shoryuken!

but on a more serious note,

1-2-left hook and 1-2-left hook-right straight

Dynamite Glove
09-17-2009, 09:01 PM
I like,

jabx2/x3, cross head
jab,cross,left hook on liver, right hook body, left hook head
jab body, cross head
close gap, right uppercut, left hook head