View Full Version : Think I have to pull out of my Sept 12 fight

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 10:29 AM
I can't fukin train. Haven't trained in like 6 days. I've been working from 5am-5pm everyday. On my breaks I have been going for runs. But I get out at 5 and everyone is just finishing their session at the gym. I missed 2 days of sparring (they spar at 11am). School is starting and now I have to work nights. My weight has gone up despite me running on my breaks (hard to get a good run in on break). Sucks because I cannot turn down the hours, somebody got fired and they gave me all kinds of hours. I need the money. Everyone else at the gym just boxes, it's all they do, they don't have to deal with this.

I was training so hard and was/still am in excellent shape. This is ridiculous I was really looking forward to this tournament. I called my trainer and he just said don't worry about it there will be other fights, but this is a huge tournament.

I still might do it, I just need to find a way.

Casparrr
09-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Can't you work something out with your coach ? like that he trains you after you finish work and he lets some sparring partners stay at the gym for you ?

Joachim
09-02-2009, 11:57 AM
stop eating.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8433458

fatty. youre more than welcome to still come to boston to get your ass whooped. but try to work something out man.

I dont think my new gym will let random people come in and spar.

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Can't you work something out with your coach ? like that he trains you after you finish work and he lets some sparring partners stay at the gym for you ?

Yea I was sparring with some kid at a time we worked out......but uhhhh, well something happened and he won't be at the gym for a while.

This is a mess.

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
stop eating.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8433458

fatty. youre more than welcome to still come to boston to get your ass whooped. but try to work something out man.

I dont think my new gym will let random people come in and spar.

Dude, I said I would go spar you I was ready to go over there like a week or 2 ago. You said we had to spar in a backyard lol. I'm not driving to Boston to spar in a backyard lol. Your calling me fat lol your like 25 pounds heavier than me but I do feel fat I'm not gonna lie. I don't really have time to go up there right now but if you wanna work something out, like I told you before, I would love to go up there and spar with you. And I highly doubt you would "whoop my ass."

Joachim
09-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey, Im 25 pounds heavier but im like taller than you poopface. you worried about not making the weight , or you physically arent ready?

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey, Im 25 pounds heavier but im like taller than you poopface. you worried about not making the weight , or you physically arent ready?

Physically I'm in great shape. I've been training my as$ off. I've been feeling real sharp sparring 4-5 rounds 3 times a week. My weight isn't bad I'm at 133 right now I can get back to 125 easy I think. I just can't find time to train right now that's the problem. And school hasn't even started yet. It's not like I'm being lazy either, I can't find time to train, I'm running on my lunch breaks for Christ sakes.

Joachim
09-02-2009, 12:41 PM
i do most of my running at night before i go to bed tbh. u could try that. perhaps work a little less. youre young. do you pay rent? if not chill out a lil bit

RightHooker
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Sucks, but you have to decide what priorities are in your life. If your biggest priority is boxing, your work and school will suffer. If your biggest priority is school/work then your boxing will suffer. There's only so many hours in a day...

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
i do most of my running at night before i go to bed tbh. u could try that. perhaps work a little less. youre young. do you pay rent? if not chill out a lil bit

Yep I pay rent, pay for school, car, phone, etc. That's why i can't turn down all the hours I'm getting you know.

Del Coqui
09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey, get that sauna suit you just bought and do what you need to do.

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Sucks, but you have to decide what priorities are in your life. If your biggest priority is boxing, your work and school will suffer. If your biggest priority is school/work then your boxing will suffer. There's only so many hours in a day...

Boxing is what I like doing the most. But I understand work and school are necessities at this point in my life. To drop school or quit my job would really fuk me over, especially in the long run. Where as I can find time for boxing another time. It's not like I'm quitting boxing I will just need to sit out this tournament. Settle into school, they will hire someone else at my work, I'll get a few less hours, and then be able to work something out.

It sucks but it's reality.

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey, get that sauna suit you just bought and do what you need to do.

lol I love that fukin thing. I can use it when I'm running but I still can't get in any gym hours.

DIB42
09-02-2009, 02:32 PM
If you love boxing, but you're focused on School/Work which makes me assume you're not looking for a professional boxing career, than fight in the tournament, you'll be at a disadvantage not having the gym hours, but if its what you love to do, then be all means do it.

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
If you love boxing, but you're focused on School/Work which makes me assume you're not looking for a professional boxing career, than fight in the tournament, you'll be at a disadvantage not having the gym hours, but if its what you love to do, then be all means do it.

I'm definitely looking to have a pro career. But I'm not dumb. School is important, more important than boxing. There is no saying how my boxing career will work out, and I need something to fall back on. I'm setting myself up for a good future. I can sit out one tournament, and continue boxing when everything settles down. School is #1 and I need to work to pay for school. I get financial aid but only so much. I'm a teenager, I'll be done with school in my early 20s. Everything will work out, I just trained so hard fore this tournament I hate all the hard work I put in to go to waste. But to choose boxing over school would be an extremely stupid decision I think despite me liking boxing a lot more. You have to look at the big picture.

JoHnNyBoXeR
09-02-2009, 09:15 PM
i think i remember you saying you been trainign for a few years but u only got 8 or so fights right?? so you're still a novice .. just get your conditioning crazy and you'll be fine

Boxer1590
09-02-2009, 09:34 PM
i think i remember you saying you been trainign for a few years but u only got 8 or so fights right?? so you're still a novice .. just get your conditioning crazy and you'll be fine

Yea man I'm in great shape already. I've been training my ass off. I just need to shed off some pounds, last week was rough for me and I could barely train. I just need to find a way to train.

Tomorrow I work 5am-5pm and then I'm going straight to the gym. I'm tired and exhausted but I have to train. I can't let all the training I've done just go to waste. Then school starts Sep 8, I haven't figured out what I'm going to do then yet though.

Boxer1590
09-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Well I did it. I had to lose 5 pounds....THIS MORNING! lol. I couldn't train for 4 days in a row I had class everyday and work right after. I had to cut weight this morning before I went to weigh in. I did it some how. Won my fight by first round knockout. My opponent was tall as hell but I caught em with a huge counter left hook and rocked his world then I was all over him after that. I felt like ***** too lol. Now I'm in the finals. There wasn't a lot of people in my division.

Panchito
09-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Congrats man. Juggling all that must have been tough. I'm most likely going to run into your situation in the next couple of months.

Joachim
09-12-2009, 10:39 PM
My gym did a bunch of sparring matches from all the other gyms in the boston area last night was pretty good. Grats on your fight, perhaps ill drop 20 pounds and come after you ;)

LVBoxer1
09-13-2009, 09:21 PM
i know how you feel man.

I work 10-8 M-T, 10-6 F, 9-5 S. And im starting school soon. Luckily i worked something out at work and im only staying til 7 on training days. I run early in the morning, and before bed. You just got to sit down, and make a set schedule. Yes, you will get exhausted, so leave time to sleep.

I kinda dick myself sometimes though, cause i have an obsession with my car, and spend alot of $ on that. I could get a less paying job, but I know what I have to do.