View Full Version : What's the best thing to do for more turn(quicker torque) in your torso?

Verstyle
09-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I wanna increase my torso speed for my punches and defense. I'm just curious to know what you guys think is a good thing to do to increase that and my back strength. I bob and weave a lot too.

Equilibrium
09-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Sledgehammer + tire, horizontal swings. Thats what i do and i find it great.

Verstyle
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Sledgehammer + tire, horizontal swings. Thats what i do and i find it great.

Good idea! Thanks!

Equilibrium
09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Also another thing that would be just as good would be to use a medicine ball and hold it with both hands and simulate the motions of cutting down a tree with an axe i do it for both sides as fast as i can with a 18 pounds medecine ball and i can definitely feel it in my abs, sides and lower back. I don't know if i explained it clearly enough but hopefully you get what i mean.

Cause lets be honest setting up a tire to not move when hit with a sledge hammer might not be the most convenient thing to do at home. At the gym they have a tire set up but when i train at home i just use the method above and it seems to be working ok.

Hanoncs
09-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Lay on back, hold weight bench bar bell overhead(Like you were doing bench press), Raise legs so they are in line with arms, then rotate legs to either side letting them touch the ground, keeping the bar bell still, This kills, Once you get stronger you can put ankle weights on. If you don't understand it just pm me

Verstyle
09-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Also another thing that would be just as good would be to use a medicine ball and hold it with both hands and simulate the motions of cutting down a tree with an axe i do it for both sides as fast as i can with a 18 pounds medecine ball and i can definitely feel it in my abs, sides and lower back. I don't know if i explained it clearly enough but hopefully you get what i mean.

Cause lets be honest setting up a tire to not move when hit with a sledge hammer might not be the most convenient thing to do at home. At the gym they have a tire set up but when i train at home i just use the method above and it seems to be working ok.

Yeah that sounds better to do. I just want fast torque reactions.

Verstyle
09-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Lay on back, hold weight bench bar bell overhead(Like you were doing bench press), Raise legs so they are in line with arms, then rotate legs to either side letting them touch the ground, keeping the bar bell still, This kills, Once you get stronger you can put ankle weights on. If you don't understand it just pm me

Explain please.

Hanoncs
09-02-2009, 12:32 AM
hold on can' post links yet

Hanoncs
09-02-2009, 12:41 AM
http://twitpic.com/g64qk Only pic i can find , But can get the gist of it. Keep the bar flat and move legs side to side, That bar is 45lbs so if you dont have olympic bar just use something else

Hanoncs
09-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Copied The Bicycle exercise is the best move to target the rectus abdominis (i.e., the 'six pack') and the obliques (the waist), according to a study done by the American Council on Exercise. To do this exercise correctly: 1. Lie face up on the floor and lace your fingers behind your head.2. Bring the knees in towards the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the ground without pulling on the neck.3. Straighten the left leg out while simultaneously turning the upper body to the right, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee.4. Switch sides, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee.5. Continue alternating sides. http://twitpic.com/g66tb

Joachim
09-02-2009, 03:07 AM
Medicine ball work. focusing on your core.

RightCross94
09-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Ahh Yes quite the dilemma you're in me lad. Now don't you listen to any of this using weights or medicine ball nonsense! Thats a load of bodybuilding codswallop! What you need to do lad is go out into the fields and acquire a large stone (roughly the size of a sheeps head), then get someone to help you. Lie flat on your back and get the person helping you (preferably a handy lad who can shift a good stone) to drop the stone directly at your stomach, then, using just your trunk, twist rapidly to avoid having your ribs and or pelvis crushed by the stone. Should do the trick lad.

Spartacus Sully
09-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Ahh Yes quite the dilemma you're in me lad. Now don't you listen to any of this using weights or medicine ball nonsense! Thats a load of bodybuilding codswallop! What you need to do lad is go out into the fields and acquire a large stone (roughly the size of a sheeps head), then get someone to help you. Lie flat on your back and get the person helping you (preferably a handy lad who can shift a good stone) to drop the stone directly at your stomach, then, using just your trunk, twist rapidly to avoid having your ribs and or pelvis crushed by the stone. Should do the trick lad.

i find this works better if you have them drop it on your chest more so then your stomach

but what really works is getting your self a nice pick axe and digging a moat around your house

Del Coqui
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
:haha:

basically, any core exercise would help.