Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buttons or sticks on FNR4, Which are better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons or sticks on FNR4, Which are better?

So, on FNR3, i was all about the buttons, but after getting used to the sticks on FNR4 going back to buttons is weird, i dunno if they've slowed em down to make em on par with the sticks, or if i've just gotten used to the sticks, but right now i'm leaning towards sticking with the sticks, which are better?
    I was a stick user on FNR3, and I'm a Stick User on FNR4
    43.75%
    I was a stick user on FNR3 and I'm a Button User on FNR4
    0.00%
    I was a button user on FNR3 and I'm a Stick User on FNR4
    25.00%
    I was a button user on FNR3 and I'm a button user on FNR4
    31.25%

i went 4-15 with the sticks online. almost stopped playing online because if it. since the buttons were released, i've been 5-1. i'm much more willing to play now that the controls are back to the way i'm used to. but everyone has there prefferance. my best friend uses sticks and we have very close fights every time. i dont think one is better then the other. its all about what you're used too.

Comment

The game flows much better with the stick...

Comment

Same here. I always preffered the buttons in rd 3. I still think you can throw the upper cuts faster. The reason I am having trouble goin back to buttons is the haymaker. I cannot throw them well with buttons. Not sure if its where the modifier is. I have tried boht with it on LB & RB and still cant get comfortable.

As of now online I use sticks.

Comment

buttons. thing is i'd rather press a button which will guarantee the punch i want rather than make motions and risk throwing something I don't. with the buttons I can calculate my combo's better as opposed to flicking the stick up when I want to jab but maybe end up throwing a straight right. it's easy with the sticks to me now but I just feel like the buttons are the way it's supposed to be, the game feels more natural.. I will say though they should have brought back Fight Night Round 3 controls rather than a revamped control scheme, the different top buttons piss me off.... as we speak online I'm using buttons but against the computer I use sticks, doing it like this makes it so I can whip anyone's ass with any configuration so it doesn't even matter to me anymore. I used to hate this game when it 1st came out, I now understand that what came out June 25th was just an unfinished drawing that will have many more fighters and updates and will feel like a completely new and better experience 6 months from now, they've corrected critical mistakes and turned me into a believer that this game is great.. online play it's buttons, offline it's sticks..

Comment

I use to be a button masher and hated the stick..
            But since FN4 came out to the time it took to drop the DLC for the buttons
            which i have i mastered the stick! So i throw what i like when i like

Comment

I like the buttons more because you know what punch your going to throw and you won't accidently throw them unlike the sticks. But the sticks I've notice let you throw alot more punches on the punch-stats... Atleast it feels like that to me.

Comment

The buttons are better for me.

Comment

Sticks for both, i just can't play with buttons. Going through the motions of a combination with the stick feels more natural to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X