Juan Ubaldo Cabrera-17(13)-0(0)-0
Juan Dominguez-4(2)-0(0)-0
Felix Diaz-1(1)-0(0)-0
Ariel Duran-6(4)-0(0)-0
Edwin Rodriguez-11(8)-0(0)-0
Fernando Guerrero-15(13)-0(0)-0
Wilton Hilaro-11(9)-0(0)-1

More Coming Soon!

Interesting, there havent been many Dominican famous fighters in the past. I wonder why. Puerto Rico and of course Cuba have had their share of famous and great fighters. The only Dominican I know of is Merqui Sosa. And he was good.

Lokotron
08-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Interesting, there havent been many Dominican famous fighters in the past. I wonder why. Puerto Rico and of course Cuba have had their share of famous and great fighters. The only Dominican I know of is Merqui Sosa. And he was good.

Yeah it's because DR is more into baseball and we developed our boxing places and our boxing goverment late.Stay uned though people say boxing is dying but probably when the poorer countries develop a bit their hungry fighters might bring boxing back.

Heru
08-30-2009, 06:53 PM

We don't put emphasis on our boxing program. A Dominican kid is usually put in a baseball league when they're growing up. Fighter you might know or see are:

Joan Guzman (will fight Funeka for IBF title at 135)
Elio Rojas (126 lb. WBC title)
Delvin Rodriguez (just lost an SD for the IBF title at 147)
Fransisco Lorenzo
Giovanni Lorenzo (will fight for vacant 160 title)

I bet at least 3 of the prospects Franky mentioned will become titlists.

Lokotron
08-30-2009, 07:08 PM
We don't put emphasis on our boxing program. A Dominican kid is usually put in a baseball league when they're growing up. Fighter you might know or see are:

Joan Guzman (will fight Funeka for IBF title at 135)
Elio Rojas (126 lb. WBC title)
Delvin Rodriguez (just lost an SD for the IBF title at 147)
Fransisco Lorenzo
Giovanni Lorenzo (will fight for vacant 160 title)

I bet at least 3 of the prospects Franky mentioned will become titlists.

Yeah like in 2015 if every country has many boxers.How will this play out to know whos the best because it's going to be be many people who have to fight eachother.

Victor Cayo might fight Marcos Maidana.

Heru
08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Yeah like in 2015 if every country has many boxers.How will this play out to know whos the best because it's going to be be many people who have to fight eachother.

Victor Cayo might fight Marcos Maidana.

Where'd you hear that? Cayo shouldn't be fighting pure power punchers like Maidana, his defense is too leaky for that type of fighter. If he fights, him it would be horrible management.

IwatchBoxing
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
You forgot one of de best from Dominicans, Daniel Jimenez, he defeated Vicente Escobedo.

I seriously dont know other than Guzman, Jimenez, Elio Rojas (gonna be matched with a real good fighter sooner or later) who DR has that is gonna be great....I dunno. But Guzman surely opened the door for them in boxing but they wont dominate or anything.

Heru
08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
You forgot one of de best from Dominicans, Daniel Jimenez, he defeated Vicente Escobedo.

I seriously dont know other than Guzman, Jimenez, Elio Rojas (gonna be matched with a real good fighter sooner or later) who DR has that is gonna be great....I dunno. But Guzman surely opened the door for them in boxing but they wont dominate or anything.

Daniel Jimenez is decent, but he's not a prospect anymore. He had a war against Roman Martinez at 130, but lost a decision to an old Jesus Chavez at 135. Escobedo has gotten better while Jimenez has pretty much stayed the same.

Pacquiao and other boxers like him come out of nowhere so I'm confident there will be some dominant Dominicans coming through.

IwatchBoxing
08-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Daniel Jimenez is decent, but he's not a prospect anymore. He had a war against Roman Martinez at 130, but lost a decision to an old Jesus Chavez at 135. Escobedo has gotten better while Jimenez has pretty much stayed the same.

Pacquiao and other boxers like him come out of nowhere so I'm confident there will be some dominant Dominicans coming through.

Well, Dominat boxers yes, Guzman looks good, even Mendez (the next great Dominican boxer...I suppose...) even after his loss he can be dominant.

Gizman and Mendez are/going to be dominant.

IwatchBoxing
08-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Do I see more top Dominicans, no. That is all LOL I see Cubans coming in and competting with Puerto Rico but DR, nope. Theres only so much room. LOL

IwatchBoxing
08-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Jose Guzman-8(5)-0(0)-0 *****
Argenis Mendez-14(9)-1(0)-0 ***
Fernando Guerrero-15(13)-0(0)-0 ****

Best out of all them, Joan Guzman=Guerrero-Mendez

Benncollinsaad
08-31-2009, 07:34 AM
I liked Sosa, he was a warrior type. Good slugger. But he could box too, when needed.

Lokotron
08-31-2009, 03:16 PM
I liked Sosa, he was a warrior type. Good slugger. But he could box too, when needed.

Yeah I think he got shot and died.R.I.P Victoriano Sosa

Benncollinsaad
08-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah I think he got shot and died.R.I.P Victoriano Sosa

No, his name was Merqui. Nicknamed El Corombo.;)

mrboxer
08-31-2009, 06:00 PM
i have not seen any or read about any

Lokotron
09-01-2009, 10:47 AM
No, his name was Merqui. Nicknamed El Corombo.;)

oh so victoriano sosa still fighting?

Heru
09-02-2009, 05:42 AM
oh so victoriano sosa still fighting?

No, he's retired, and neither Sosa's are dead. Victoriano should have been a titlist since he got jobbed against Spadafora and Merqui, although crude, was a good strong fighter. He beat Charles Williams and Glen Johnson.

Lokotron
09-02-2009, 05:59 AM
No, he's retired, and neither Sosa's are dead. Victoriano should have been a titlist since he got jobbed against Spadafora and Merqui, although crude, was a good strong fighter. He beat Charles Williams and Glen Johnson.

Damn I never heard of merqui I know about victoriano sosa though.

Benncollinsaad
09-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Damn I never heard of merqui I know about victoriano sosa though.

I'm surprised. Merqui was a strong contender in the early to mid 90's both as a super middlew and also light heavyw.

Lokotron
09-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm surprised. Merqui was a strong contender in the early to mid 90's both as a super middlew and also light heavyw.

No wonder I got into boxing like 3 years ago and I hated it it when I was a little kid.

Benncollinsaad
09-02-2009, 09:31 AM
No wonder I got into boxing like 3 years ago and I hated it it when I was a little kid.

I figured that.;) Sosa had a very close fight with James Toney, some say he won. It was a split decision win for Toney.

Lokotron
09-02-2009, 09:55 AM
I figured that.;) Sosa had a very close fight with James Toney, some say he won. It was a split decision win for Toney.

Wow the refree bull****ted on the roy jones fight.

Benncollinsaad
09-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Wow the refree bulls****ted on him when he fought roy jones

Yea, thats the worst stoppage I've seen. Lol, Sosa was ready to tear his head off with his bare hands!:lol1: And Sosa's trainer didn't exactly take it well either,lol!

Lokotron
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Yea, thats the worst stoppage I've seen. Lol, Sosa was ready to tear his head off with his bare hands!:lol1: And Sosa's trainer didn't exactly take it well either,lol!

Sosa pushed him and threw a punch then the refree held his arms and sosas trainer was like WTF! yelling like crazy and ****.I still think Roy would of won the fight.

Benncollinsaad
09-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Sosa pushed him and threw a punch then the refree held his arms and sosas trainer was like WTF! yelling like crazy and ****.I still think Roy would of won the fight.

Yea, Roy had him under control. But Sosa managed to land some solid shots.

Lokotron
09-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Yea, Roy had him under control. But Sosa managed to land some solid shots.

the shots could have added up to end and result in kd's.

Benncollinsaad
09-02-2009, 12:15 PM
the shots could have added up to end and result in kd's.

I think so too. Jones was just fast enough to evade some of them, otherwise he'd probably get knocked down and maybe out as well.

Lokotron
09-03-2009, 03:18 AM
I think so too. Jones was just fast enough to evade some of them, otherwise he'd probably get knocked down and maybe out as well.

Yeah after seeying roy in his prime roy is wrong about being in his prime again because he doesn't have the legs to move and the same speed as before.

Lokotron
11-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah after seeying roy in his prime roy is wrong about being in his prime again because he doesn't have the legs to move and the same speed as before.

Update!!! on fighters who advanced.

ELHURACAN58
11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah it's because DR is more into baseball and we developed our boxing places and our boxing goverment late.Stay uned though people say boxing is dying but probably when the poorer countries develop a bit their hungry fighters might bring boxing back.

Im convinced that the only people that say that boxing is dying are americans, and thats because they have no champions at heavyweight and/or are jealous of the current european champs.