View Full Version : How to Stay on my Program!

Mr. Ryan
03-02-2005, 03:37 PM
I finally figured out what was my main problem and why I wouldn't train consistently. My problem was that I wasn't happy on the diet I was eating. I figure as long as I keep myself happy, everything will be straight. I no longer fantasize about McDonald's and Krispy Kreme, and I have decreased my soreness. My main diet introductions have been rice and chicken, 2 of my favorite foods. My trainer ok'ed it, and I have been performing as good as ever! Yesterday, I finally got the power back in my combinations. I used to throw these very fast combos, but with little power. Now I finally got my power back in my shots. I feel very good about my performances now. This is my diet:

Breakfast (8:00 AM): 1 cup of cereal, usually Total
Lunch (12:00 PM): Half cup of rice and 1/4 pound of grilled chicken
Snack (3:00 PM): The other half of the cup of rice with hot sauce.
Dinner (Whenever I get out the gym): The other 1/4 pound of chicken.

boxernyc
03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
That's a pretty serious diet. Are you a pro or an amatuer. I've just started and haven't done anything about my diet. I am in okay shape but could probably lose 10 lbs to get in great shape. I do my roadwork and I think that keeps me in decent condition. Cause my diet is pretty much not that great. But I do train hard and I try to go 5 times a week.

leff
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
I finally figured out what was my main problem and why I wouldn't train consistently. My problem was that I wasn't happy on the diet I was eating. I figure as long as I keep myself happy, everything will be straight. I no longer fantasize about McDonald's and Krispy Kreme, and I have decreased my soreness. My main diet introductions have been rice and chicken, 2 of my favorite foods. My trainer ok'ed it, and I have been performing as good as ever! Yesterday, I finally got the power back in my combinations. I used to throw these very fast combos, but with little power. Now I finally got my power back in my shots. I feel very good about my performances now. This is my diet:

Breakfast (8:00 AM): 1 cup of cereal, usually Total
Lunch (12:00 PM): Half cup of rice and 1/4 pound of grilled chicken
Snack (3:00 PM): The other half of the cup of rice with hot sauce.
Dinner (Whenever I get out the gym): The other 1/4 pound of chicken.

Sounds pretty good, but eat more often.

Just snack on greens between the meals to get your metabolism upp.

m00ks
03-02-2005, 06:53 PM
Chicken and rice? Yep you got some filipino blood in you.

boxernyc
03-02-2005, 08:29 PM

Damn I could go for some chicken and rice right now. Spanish style! Do filipino's cook them in the same pot as well? I've never had Filipino cuisine. Is it like Thai or more like Spanish? Come to think of it I've never come across a filipino restaurant in NYC. If anyone knows of a good one (could be in Manhattan or Queens) let me know.

.::EnRiQuE::.
03-02-2005, 08:38 PM
me gusta arroz con pollo. nah i usually have sum cereal in the morning(corn flakes--->gross)
then at lunch i have a 5 inch ham grinder wit no mayo, oil.just ham lettuce and tomatoes. then for dinneri have arroz con pollo(rice and chiken)

.::EnRiQuE::.
03-02-2005, 08:38 PM
o yea and if i get a lil hungry i eat oranges for a snack. I LUV ORANGES I CAN LIVE OFF ORANGES!!!

adrsan84
03-02-2005, 09:37 PM
o yea and if i get a lil hungry i eat oranges for a snack. I LUV ORANGES I CAN LIVE OFF ORANGES!!!
Me too man i eat like 5 oranges a day.

Super_Lightweight
03-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Looks like a decent diet really, but me personally, I eat all the carbs I am going to eat that day 3 hours b4 I workout.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I feel you should eat at least 5 times a day, all of them being small meals except for the one you're eating prior to your workout.

Here is my diet, feel free to comment:

breakfast (8 am): omelette made from 2 eggs, half the yolk and a multivitamin, tall glass of water

11 am: oatmeal, nutri-grain bar, bagel, 2-3 tall glasses of water

2 pm: training

3:30 pm: chicken or tuna from a can, and some green peas or beans, tall glass of water

6 pm: chicken or tuna, tall glass of water

Obviously I don't even heed my own advice about eating 5 meals in a day, 4 small and one semi-large. Lately I've just been eating 4 times. My weight is about 149 and I fight at 141.

adrsan84
03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Looks like a decent diet really, but me personally, I eat all the carbs I am going to eat that day 3 hours b4 I workout.

Everyone has their own opinion, but I feel you should eat at least 5 times a day, all of them being small meals except for the one you're eating prior to your workout.

Here is my diet, feel free to comment:

breakfast (8 am): omelette made from 2 eggs, half the yolk and a multivitamin, tall glass of water

11 am: oatmeal, nutri-grain bar, bagel, 2-3 tall glasses of water

2 pm: training

3:30 pm: chicken or tuna from a can, and some green peas or beans, tall glass of water

6 pm: chicken or tuna, tall glass of water

Obviously I don't even heed my own advice about eating 5 meals in a day, 4 small and one semi-large. Lately I've just been eating 4 times. My weight is about 149 and I fight at 141.
thats a tough diet to keep, im not a big guy (5'9", 150 lbs), but i'm not sure i could survive on that, im always hungry.

Mr. Ryan
03-08-2005, 01:54 PM
I just got to avoid the pan de sol.

ophqui
03-09-2005, 09:00 AM
thats all you eat? sorry but thats not a good diet, no variation, no vitamins/minerals. i'd seriously reconsider this if i were u

BadMagick
03-09-2005, 05:14 PM
You should really be eating more like 5-6 meals a day. Your protein intake should be about 70-90% of your body weight. For example, if you weigh 150 lbs. you should eat between 105 and 135 grams of protein per day.

Your diet should be 20-30% protein, 50-70% carbs, and about 10% fats. The fats are for healthy skin, and hair.

I'd highly recommend checking out rossboxing.com, and reading his book "The Boxer's Guide to Performance Enhancement."