View Full Version : Fight Night Round 2

xrhythmxnxbluesx
03-02-2005, 03:22 AM
i just bought the game today... and imo i think the first one is better... i wanna hear your guys opinion on the game...

spinksjinx
03-02-2005, 07:59 AM
i just bought the game today... and imo i think the first one is better... i wanna hear your guys opinion on the game...

Decent to say the most.

zip
03-02-2005, 01:04 PM
oh? is it worse then 2004?

spinksjinx
03-02-2005, 01:21 PM

No its on the same level as the first. It feels like the same game rehashed into a more arcadish feel. The create a boxer mode sucks, I dont get off where people think its great.

The online is bull****.

People have ****ty connections and lags.

They will pause consistantly and just throw haymakers and talk all kinds of smack.

The create a boxer is a big problem online. Im not all into the whole create a boxer or anything like that and just like to pick a fighter and go at it. Well thats what I think I am going to do and then the opponent will cycle through like they going to pick somebody and when I choose mine they hurry up and pick a created fighter with maxed out stats. Its bull****, I was Chris Byrd fighting a guy that was like a foot taller than me and he threw nothing but haymakers.

The online is such bull**** and I havent even touched the career or exhibition mode yet, so I will be playing for a while but I might just say **** it and take it back.

xrhythmxnxbluesx
03-02-2005, 01:23 PM
i think so... i think its totally different from the first one.. over herre you gotta buy a trainer and stuff... seems like everything is base on the haymaker punch which i dun really like doing... i think they should make one of the r's or l's (for ps2) the button and than use the analog stick to complete... like doin body punches...

spinksjinx
03-02-2005, 01:29 PM
i think so... i think its totally different from the first one.. over herre you gotta buy a trainer and stuff... seems like everything is base on the haymaker punch which i dun really like doing... i think they should make one of the r's or l's (for ps2) the button and than use the analog stick to complete... like doin body punches...

Totally agree on the haymaker, the whole game is based around that. If you dont land it the other will and you will fall behind.

xrhythmxnxbluesx
03-02-2005, 01:36 PM
hopefully they do that on 2006... cuz im gettin kinda bored juss throwin haymakers... i'll finish the game... and send it bak... and juss keep playin 04... next year they should have lampley merchant and foreman to do the commentary... and get that micheal buffer guy to do the intro... har har...

IwatchBoxing
03-02-2005, 02:02 PM
I havent gotten my game yet, but have you guys tried blocking the Haymakers? I heard stoping one of those, than counter punching could KO him, or try making the guy miss, than hitting him, just cause they throwing them, dont mean you gotta take it, maybe you need to fight using your defense.

loangunZ
03-02-2005, 02:54 PM
I really don't like then new one, online blows and like spinks said people keep talking ****. 2004 seemed much faster, though the career is pretty good. I mean in 2004 I found myself actually throwing punches blocking and weaving but not I'm just too tempted by throwing haymakers and it just isn't as fun.

julDilla
03-02-2005, 04:34 PM
hahahahaha most of the people who dislike it suck at the game, a haymaker is telegraph that anyone can see it coming, create a boxer is 10 times better than last year but i must admit it is harder to create a boxer, but with a lil practice you'll create yourself a good tyson

spinksjinx
03-02-2005, 05:08 PM
hahahahaha most of the people who dislike it suck at the game, a haymaker is telegraph that anyone can see it coming, create a boxer is 10 times better than last year but i must admit it is harder to create a boxer, but with a lil practice you'll create yourself a good tyson

The online is bull****, People throw nothing but haymakers and its aggravating to hell. I may keep it but just join a league or something but I will definately give this game up when Wrestlemania 21 comes out.

I dont think I suck, but I think the people that through nothing but the haymaker suck.

I wasted 50 bucks unless I can get some decent opponents on my friend list.

loangunZ
03-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Yea I guess I would consider myslef one of those people that suck in time I'm sure I can get to liking it.

spinksjinx
03-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Yea I guess I would consider myslef one of those people that suck in time I'm sure I can get to liking it.

If you are losing due to the haymaker (which 95% of the people online do and everything the computer does) it may indeed be them.

You are on my list, I may be on between 7-10pm eastern time tonight. Maybe we can give it a whirl.

loangunZ
03-02-2005, 06:22 PM
I can probably play aroun 8:30-10 when I get back from class

.::EnRiQuE::.
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
yea if anyone feels like playin halo 2 i'll be on from like 8 -10:30 ******** time.

.::EnRiQuE::.
03-02-2005, 08:41 PM
east side time. its Los Vatos

Soldier01
03-02-2005, 09:57 PM
In my opinion the game is an improvement from last year. It gives it a more realistic feel..not too much but, the improvement is definitely there. I won't have that problem with ****** ass kids online cheating and only throwing haymakers in the fight because I don't play with anyone I don't know. I think we should get on each others friends list to resolve this problem. ????

spinksjinx
03-02-2005, 11:42 PM
In my opinion the game is an improvement from last year. It gives it a more realistic feel..not too much but, the improvement is definitely there. I won't have that problem with ****** ass kids online cheating and only throwing haymakers in the fight because I don't play with anyone I don't know. I think we should get on each others friends list to resolve this problem. ????

I dont mind if a person throws haymakers and signature punches just as long as they are throwing others as well.

Add me im spinksJNX I've got a ****ty record due to me quitting on people who switched to created maxed out boxers and threw nothing but combos but im a major threat to the middleweight division.

m00ks
03-03-2005, 01:59 AM
Hmmmm I'm having so much trouble adjusting after playing fight night 04. I'm still used to sticking and thowing punches. Not used to the movements and distance yet. Anybodyelse having trouble adjusting?

loangunZ
03-03-2005, 02:12 AM
I have a huge problem I just can't seem to throw the punches in TPC anymore but it might be due to buying a different style controller.

xrhythmxnxbluesx
03-03-2005, 02:15 AM
i dont have trouble with that... even though all this new crap thats added i still fight like in fight night 04... jab ... counter... if they had the create a champ and moving up on weight from 05 and have the same controls as 04 it would be a better game imo... i wanna challenge people from herre... have to hook up my online **** still though...

PacME
03-04-2005, 01:42 AM
hopefully they do that on 2006... cuz im gettin kinda bored juss throwin haymakers... i'll finish the game... and send it bak... and juss keep playin 04... next year they should have lampley merchant and foreman to do the commentary... and get that micheal buffer guy to do the intro... har har...

Yeah i think they should those guys in there and get venues like Mandalay Bay or MGM Grand!!!!......that be fun, but i think wont do that cause that will cost them a fortune to pay those guy and get the venues name!!!!!!!

AIR_KENG
03-11-2005, 08:48 AM
just played it, and IMO, it is better than FN04. not much difference in the gameplay but the training is good. i think i'll stick with this one...

spinksjinx
03-11-2005, 09:25 AM
PACME-In the first Knockout Kings they had a large amount of venues, so I dont see why not.

rhythm-What you talking about? In career mode you can so move up and down in weight.

BadMagick
03-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Seriously, if you guys are getting KO'ed by people using haymakers, you suck. Learn to parry. If you parry the shot (not like it isn't obvious it's coming) his guard is down for 2-3 seconds, which gives you time to uppercut him 2-4 times. Just learn to parry, and you'll be fine.

Also, the stats only go up to a certain point, depending on weight class.

IwatchBoxing
03-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Seriously, if you guys are getting KO'ed by people using haymakers, you suck. Learn to parry. If you parry the shot (not like it isn't obvious it's coming) his guard is down for 2-3 seconds, which gives you time to uppercut him 2-4 times. Just learn to parry, and you'll be fine.

Also, the stats only go up to a certain point, depending on weight class.
I admit, I got KO'd in my last lost by a Haymaker guy using Duran, I was Cotto, I just learned how to use my jab effectively, next I have to learn how to parry out the way of Haymakers.

AIR_KENG
03-12-2005, 02:09 AM
haymakers make the difference in the game... excessive use could be quite boring but i still use it... im going to KO every opponent...

spinksjinx
03-12-2005, 08:29 AM
haymakers make the difference in the game... excessive use could be quite boring but i still use it... im going to KO every opponent...

If you on Xbox, Hop on live and get a boxing lesson :)

BadMagick
03-12-2005, 10:26 PM
I admit, I got KO'd in my last lost by a Haymaker guy using Duran, I was Cotto, I just learned how to use my jab effectively, next I have to learn how to parry out the way of Haymakers.

Sometimes you get caught with a lucky one. I find that jab/straight combos work great. Even if they parry, and set up for a haymaker, you can dodge it in time. I've never been put down by a body shot haymaker, and I don't know that it's possible, unless your body rating sucks that much.

spinksjinx
03-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Sometimes you get caught with a lucky one. I find that jab/straight combos work great. Even if they parry, and set up for a haymaker, you can dodge it in time. I've never been put down by a body shot haymaker, and I don't know that it's possible, unless your body rating sucks that much.

Wanna fight me?

BadMagick
03-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Dude, if I had Live, I would gladly fight you. What I meant was that an out of nowhere haymaker. Like, I've been caught off guard by haymakers and dropped, but not a body one. In fight night, not real life, either.

I've only played friends and the computer.

EDIT: I'll tell you what, spinx, the instant I hook up Live, if I have fight night with me, I'll message you, and we'll box.