View Full Version : Jim Lampley catch phrases

- v e t -
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Well, what are your fave lines by lampley over the years....

some of his lines that i always think of when i hear him calling a fight

"this.... is why.... we... use... the word.... SENSATION"

"he wants to fight fire with fire"

"and a fight breaks out in the middle of the boxing match"

what else you got???

Shadow boxer 3
08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
he just landed a Big Right Hand !!!!!

- v e t -
08-27-2009, 09:04 PM
"Looks at him as if to say..."

haha, dude, he says that ALL the time....

catalinul
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
''It's man against man in there...''

''Perfect,clean,hard shots by Pretty Boy Floyd''

''...And Maskaev puts Rahman RIGHT NEXT TO ME!''

''that was the greatest display of manlove I've seen in my life''

deezdominates
08-27-2009, 09:38 PM
(insert boxers name here) hits him right back and says lets fight!

(insert boxers name here) shakes his head as if to say you can't hurt me

phipsi1
08-27-2009, 11:21 PM
"This is going to be a hellacious war". (Marquez vs. Diaz)

"Pride, Honor, Revenge...Mexican Boxing". (Barrera vs. Morales II)

"And the brave heart of Morales....But his legs go again". "Morales doesn't want to get up...He shakes his head as if to say that is that...". (Pacquiao vs. Morales III)

BAlvarez
08-27-2009, 11:30 PM
"Joe CalZACKhe

illmatickid
08-27-2009, 11:49 PM
"Floyd mayweather has a knock out victory over ricky hatton"

"THE GOLDEN BOY IS GOLDEN ONCE AGAIN!!"

"He wants to fight fire with fire"

El Angel
08-28-2009, 12:47 AM
"Looks at him as if to say..."

You took the best one. He says it at least three times a night.

Hotsoup
08-28-2009, 12:48 AM
"And now lets head to Michael Buffer for the official particulars"

"Oh and look at Floyd Mayweather Jr. painting Philip N'dOU with hard right hand shots"

Hitman932
08-28-2009, 01:26 AM
"You're Dead *****!"

to his ex-girlfriend

Hotsoup
08-28-2009, 01:54 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLtyKffXp4s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLtyKffXp4s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

hahaha..

El Angel
08-28-2009, 02:20 AM
"And Margarito smiles, looking at Cotto as if to say, alright now we're fighting"

princemanspoper
08-28-2009, 07:50 AM
What's the typical average qoute that an alcoholic,wife beating piece of **** uses?

Jim Lampley is bad for the sport of boxing and he's bad for society.Hopefully one night he will go to sleep and never wake up,Because everybody hates him as a commentator and everybody hates him as a human being

He's probably a dirty perve who attends high school dances to chat up young girls

- v e t -
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
"they trade combinations in the center of the ring, and both man lands"

- v e t -
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM
"And Margarito smiles, looking at Cotto as if to say, alright now we're fighting"

loved that one too!

Junito-Rulez
08-28-2009, 11:26 AM
What's the typical average qoute that an alcoholic,wife beating piece of **** uses?

Jim Lampley is bad for the sport of boxing and he's bad for society.Hopefully one night he will go to sleep and never wake up,Because everybody hates him as a commentator and everybody hates him as a human being

He's probably a dirty perve who attends high school dances to chat up young girls

Everybody hates you as a poster, as a human being. GTFO.

catalinul
08-28-2009, 11:31 AM

Unless you're the Pope you don't have a right to post crap like that.

Very unclassy

- v e t -
08-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Unless you're the Pope you don't have a right to post crap like that.

Very unclassy

cosign....

+1 for gatti showin some moves in your sig

Akucapri
08-28-2009, 11:52 AM
"Harold, how do you have it through three?"

Junito-Rulez
08-28-2009, 01:41 PM
"What a left hook by De La Hoya."

Slotff
08-28-2009, 10:46 PM
"Oscar de la Hoya has the biggest, the richest, the most satisfying moment of his whole career!"

"Look at the size of Bernard's bicep."

Madvillain
08-28-2009, 11:04 PM

Shows what an idiot you are.

gattigal
08-29-2009, 01:35 AM
(insert boxers name here) hits him right back and says lets fight!

(insert boxers name here) shakes his head as if to say you can't hurt me

"I'm gonna hit you back!"

teeheehee!!!!! :rofl:

BEEHOP
08-29-2009, 06:43 AM
"Hi, I'm Jim Lampley"

princemanspoper
08-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Longtime HBO Boxing play-by-play announcer Jim Lampley was arrested late last week and charged with domestic abuse. The 57-year-old Lampley now faces a felony charge of domestic abuse/corporal injury and two misdemeanor counts of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness.

San Diego County Sheriff's Captain Glenn Revell told the Associated Press, "The circumstances are that there was an altercation between Mr. Lampley and a 28-year-old female with whom he reportedly has a dating relationship."

The woman in question is 28-year-old Candice Sanders, who won the Miss California USA pageant in 2003. Sanders alleges multiple cases of assault and further claimed that Lampley was drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana prior to the most recent incident, which was allegedly witnessed by Lampley's 14-year-old son.

- v e t -
08-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Longtime HBO Boxing play-by-play announcer Jim Lampley was arrested late last week and charged with domestic abuse. The 57-year-old Lampley now faces a felony charge of domestic abuse/corporal injury and two misdemeanor counts of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness.

San Diego County Sheriff's Captain Glenn Revell told the Associated Press, "The circumstances are that there was an altercation between Mr. Lampley and a 28-year-old female with whom he reportedly has a dating relationship."

The woman in question is 28-year-old Candice Sanders, who won the Miss California USA pageant in 2003. Sanders alleges multiple cases of assault and further claimed that Lampley was drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana prior to the most recent incident, which was allegedly witnessed by Lampley's 14-year-old son.

Lampley will not face charges for the alleged attack itself, Hellstrom said, adding that his office reviewed Sanders' allegations of domestic violence, but found "insufficient evidence to prove it."

http://www.nctimes.com/sports/article_c538a308-cce4-52af-804c-1ce6d749d7f0.html

also, for the record..

Walker said yesterday her relationship with Lampley led her to believe that ***8220;he's not capable of physical violence against anybody.***8221;

***8220;Jim has been a wonderful father to all four of his kids, and has been a generous husband and ex-husband,***8221; Walker said. ***8220;Any charges of battery would surprise me.***8221;

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070105/news_1s5lampley.html

Stoppage
08-29-2009, 08:36 AM
"Okay Harold, how do you have it through __?"

Junito-Rulez
08-29-2009, 09:31 AM
"Okay Harold, how do you have it through __?"

"If Roy fought me it would be crazy."

Look at what the old ****er is tapping, Jim Lampley is the man:

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/candice-sanders-claudia-jordans-birthday-party-11fLwx.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3557/3386068810_1382a85e6b_o.jpg

Izrock
08-29-2009, 09:58 AM
"He's hitting him with everything but the kitchen sink"

princemanspoper
08-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Such a silly little girl.She's willing to take constant thrashings at the hands of her alcoholic,pot smoking pimp just so she can acquire a financially secure future for herself.Go to college or get a real job you slut,Have som god damn dignity.I bet Lampley invites Larry Merchant over for major drug,sex orgy

Check
08-29-2009, 01:05 PM
"You're Dead *****!"

to his ex-girlfriend

That made me laugh out loud, loudly. Lamps is an all time great on the mic though.

Check
08-29-2009, 01:09 PM

Why do you care what hes doing outside of his sport? Yeah, you don't have to like it or even respect him as a person, but since the start of sports there has always been bad people involved. Respect him for what he does as his profession, all the other stuff that has nothing to do with it will be taken care of by the law. Lamps commentary gets mad props, he is one of the best ever.

lynx649
08-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Such a silly little girl.She's willing to take constant thrashings at the hands of her alcoholic,pot smoking pimp just so she can acquire a financially secure future for herself.Go to college or get a real job you slut,Have som god damn dignity.I bet Lampley invites Larry Merchant over for major drug,sex orgy

U must be a very sad and lonely person to spit such hatred for people you don't really know a thing about...dam

tocayito1
08-29-2009, 04:51 PM
"miguel cotto doesnt just beat you.....he beats you up"

SlickRikki
08-29-2009, 05:04 PM
"And Suddenly The Miguel Cotto of old has emerged" I heard Lampley say it when Cotto faught against Clottey

Driver
08-29-2009, 07:21 PM
"DOWN GOES [Fill in blank] ON A [Fill in blank]"

very intense!

Hotsoup
08-29-2009, 07:51 PM
"And Suddenly The Miguel Cotto of old has emerged" I heard Lampley say it when Cotto faught against Jennings and Clottey

FYI... Lampley didn't call the Jennings fight.

Cereal
08-29-2009, 08:52 PM
'Well Larry's point is quite well taken in the sense that...'

I love Lampley. The whole HBO team in fact. Everybody has their flaws but overall I love the chemistry and the broad spectrum of personalities that we get to hear. It's like watching the fight with old companions at this stage. :D

STILL_DETOX
08-29-2009, 09:42 PM
and he______ as if to say ___________

- v e t -
08-29-2009, 09:51 PM
'Well Larry's point is quite well taken in the sense that...'

hahaha, perfect!

[ILLMatic]
08-30-2009, 11:01 PM
"and now its abundantly clear"

hello2007
08-31-2009, 12:01 AM
And a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge right hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

El Angel
08-31-2009, 12:25 AM
"Manny Pacquiao is slowly reconfiguring Oscar De La Hoya's beautiful face."

villa04
08-31-2009, 12:33 AM

your life must suck

gancho_al_igado
08-31-2009, 02:53 AM
"A south-paw Jack Dempsey!"- Pacquiao vs Diaz
" Down goes Diaz!"- Marquez vs Diaz
" Because Allah nows how to spell Barrera, B-A-R-R-E-R-A!"- Naz vs Barrera
" And a rocket Left hook by De La HOya!" - Oscar vs Vargas
" and Barrera is gonna fight FIRE with FIRE!" - Barrera vs Morales III
"oh my gosh what a left hook"- Pacquiao vs Hatton
" who in the world would want to fight him" Mayweather vs gatti

And to the poster who said Jim lampley is bad for boxing........Take 2 steps back and literraly **** YOUR OWN FACE!!!!!!!!

[ILLMatic]
08-31-2009, 03:24 AM
"and shane mosley has annihilated antonio margarito"

bucs24
08-31-2009, 05:04 AM
" down go mayorga on a classic left hook" ODLH VS MAYORGA " and up he gets in two seconds let me at him" tito vs vargas and and my fav "thats a big left hook by de la oya"

kocface
08-31-2009, 05:27 AM
"he is, rearranging, oscar del la hoyas beautiful face" lol (pac dlh )"

gattigal
09-02-2009, 11:36 PM
"he is, rearranging, oscar del la hoyas beautiful face" lol (pac dlh )"

If you get a look at Alfonzo Gomez' features between rounds though, you will see that slowly, inexorably, Miguel Cotto is re-arranging his face.