View Full Version : Nicolay Valuev??

hitterwitter
03-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Can anyone tell me what he's like he's ranked 7th in the world and has got a good record won 40 (30 ko's) - lost 0 - drawn 0.

barryboy
03-01-2005, 09:32 AM
He's massive and slow & as soon as he steps up he'll get beat, I saw his last fight against Attila Levin and if Levin had a half decent chin then that would have been a good fight coz Levin was catching him with some good shots but the guys about 22/23 stone so he's got some weight behind his shots though he doesn't have any real snap on them, oh and he's got the biggest noggin i've ever seen :eek:

J !
03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
im not so sure barry the blokes a monster its gonna have to be someone who can box hiom i cant see anyone koing him.

PBDS
03-01-2005, 11:45 AM
im not so sure barry the blokes a monster its gonna have to be someone who can box hiom i cant see anyone koing him.

.....I am very curious about him. From what I hear he seems to be improving with each fight. Who knows??

puppy_dogg
03-01-2005, 11:54 AM
the guy is a freakin monster, check this out hitterwitter

http://www.boxingscene.com/media/showphoto.php/photo/6686/sort/1/cat/all/page/1

J !
03-01-2005, 12:01 PM
yoko no one is gonna look at valuevs ugly mug when theres a lovely pair of tits to ogle on the same page instead mate :D

in seriousness Valuev is improving, in fact he would be my pick to give vitali some problems as it would be the first time vitlali does not have the physical advantages.

byrd on the other hand would be too slick, im not saying byrd beats vitali before i get slaughtered.

styles make fights right, you follow me :boxing:

puppy_dogg
03-01-2005, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=JPW]yoko no one is gonna look at valuevs ugly mug when theres a lovely pair of tits to ogle on the same page instead mate :D[QUOTE]

lmao. good one, its true to. :D

barryboy
03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
He just seems to be too slow and ponderous, I think Vitali's ponderous but this guy is worse, the lower level guys he'll beat simply because of his size and weight but once he gets in the top ten if he does I can see him getting shown up.

Lol999
03-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I watched the Levin fight and when I saw the size of the guy I wonderd if he'd be a bit Frankenstein-ish in action. he actually didn't move too bad, and for a guy that tall, pretty good. I don't know who else he's fought but unless he's chinny it's gonna be like felling a redwood to knock him out.

Lol :D

hitterwitter
03-01-2005, 01:00 PM
the guy is a freakin monster, check this out hitterwitter]

I see what you mean he's massive. Would like to see him in with a top heavyweight.

leff
03-01-2005, 01:15 PM
He didnt look too bad, jabbed used his reach even threw some bodypunches.

He too athletic so if he gets a real trainer anf into shape he will lose fat and encrease his speed.

Im not sure about this guy, let him fight some other top 10 guy and we`ll see.

joeboxer
03-01-2005, 01:18 PM
First off. He isn't getting any better. If you only saw his last fight it wasn't any better than his last ten. If he was getting better at 40 and 0 you would have heard of him before now. Even super-protected Joe Mesi was ranked number one and how many fights did he have? Not 40.
Oh and if you think this guy is being kept away from Vitali. Google him, 3 years ago Vaulev could have fought Klitcho, Holyfield, or Oliver McCall but "contractual obligations" on his part made it so he couldn't leave the country.

And Valuev isn't just massive. He is the biggest heavyweight to ever put gloves on. He is a skinny 350, but he can't box and he can't hit. If he was even an average boxer his size would make him unbeatable. But he isn't. And if he hasn't learned how to put his weight behind his punches yet he isn't going to.

someone said byrd is to slick for him, wrong. Bryd is probably the only one he could beat. As soon as Valuev fights a heavyweight with a good punch and average skills he is going to get KO'd.

Just a few months ago Valuev took on the Austrailian bronze medalist from the 2000 olympics. Are any of the other contenders going after boxers with that little experience. If Valuev isn't ready for a gold medalist from 2000, than he isn't ready for anyone in the top ten.

Javary
03-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Valuev probably would get beat of Vitali but so would most fighters in the heavyweight division but to simply dismiss him would be a mistake, OK so he's not the biggest hitter, which is strange considering his size, but he CAN box! which is even more stranger. If you look at the heavyweights that have fought for titles lately then why shouldnt Valuev get a shot? who else is out there? Samuel Peter? who in my opinion is another who'll fall when he steps up, Dominick Guinn? Kali Meehan? Jameel McCline? Audley Harrison(HAHA)? or even unbeaten Calvin Brock? These guys are no better than Valuev possibly even worse! so give the big guy a break, he's all thats out there.

PS IMO its a real shame that Ike Ibeabuchi never got parole in August because it would have probably shook up this division a bit.

leff
03-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Valuev probably would get beat of Vitali but so would most fighters in the heavyweight division but to simply dismiss him would be a mistake, OK so he's not the biggest hitter, which is strange considering his size, but he CAN box! which is even more stranger. If you look at the heavyweights that have fought for titles lately then why shouldnt Valuev get a shot? who else is out there? Samuel Peter? who in my opinion is another who'll fall when he steps up, Dominick Guinn? Kali Meehan? Jameel McCline? Audley Harrison(HAHA)? or even unbeaten Calvin Brock? These guys are no better than Valuev possibly even worse! so give the big guy a break, he's all thats out there.

PS IMO its a real shame that Ike Ibeabuchi never got parole in August because it would have probably shook up this division a bit.

Yeah atleast give the man a change.

joeboxer
03-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Valuev probably would get beat of Vitali .

you mean beat by right? not beat of.

joeboxer
03-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah atleast give the man a change.

And you mean chance? not change I'm hopping, just kidding. Spell as ****ty as you want.

I actually agree with you he does deserve a chance. The point is that he could have had a chance any time he wanted in the last three years. He is a freak show, the biggest boxer ever and he has been making money off that for a long time.

Now that he feels he is getting old,the time has come for him to try and see if he can cash out in some big fights which he will probably lose.

I am not saying that he doesn't deserve anything, what I am saying is that he is not the most exciting prospect out there.

joeboxer
03-01-2005, 05:09 PM
I would love to see him fight Tyson or Bryd or Toney. It would be the good little guy vs. the "sort of ok" really ****ing huge guy.

Halo sas
03-01-2005, 05:28 PM
Valuev has little boxing skills to speak of, I'm not impressed at all.

But judge for yourself, the full fight with Levin in good quality here :D :
http://profibox.hu/filmek/Nicolay.Valuev_vs_Attila.Levin/NikolaiValuev-vs-AttilaLevin.avi
123MB

leff
03-01-2005, 05:34 PM
I would love to see him fight Tyson or Bryd or Toney. It would be the good little guy vs. the "sort of ok" really ****ing huge guy.

Well atleast i can spell byrd (not bryd).

Tyson-Valuev would be fun. 1feet 2inch height difference.

LazyMan
03-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Valuev has decent boxing skills, decent hand speed, decent power, moves like a blob, and is 7 feet tall. He would beat Ruiz and Byrd.

diz82
03-02-2005, 08:50 AM
what a massive head!

diz82
03-02-2005, 08:50 AM
He looked ok there, no real footwork ot speak of though. All in all im not convinced

J !
03-02-2005, 09:02 AM
you dont need good footspeed when u are that huge mate, no can reach you noggin to lay a glove on ya.
Vidoz said it was like apunching a tree when he was hitting Vaulev's midriff. In fact he broke his handI believe.

masha
03-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Valuev head is simply too big. He will get caught regularly by someone like klitschko. I can't even see him beating golota.

he need to step up his comp and try to make an impact. with that height, he can be a champion, but only if he beats brewster or ruiz.

leff
03-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Valuev head is simply too big. He will get caught regularly by someone like klitschko. I can't even see him beating golota.

he need to step up his comp and try to make an impact. with that height, he can be a champion, but only if he beats brewster or ruiz.

Well it probably wont be to difficult for a tall guy like VK to reach and hit his head, but doesent a big boney head useally mean that it can withstand some punches???

delroy02
03-03-2005, 03:31 AM
As soon as Vlauev steps up I think he'll get KO'd he does not punch very hard for a man of his size, plus the gloves looks bareley like he's wearing any boxing gloves.

The guys had 40 fights already but is yet to step up, I do not think his career will come to anything

BOKSukraine
03-03-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't think he is deserving of being ranked 7th, meaning I think that there are more than 6 heavies that could beat him 2/3 times. I saw the guy fight on ESPN some years back and got a clip of him recently, and though he does look like he kinda knows what's going on now, he is still just silly as far as boxing skill and quickness. Still though, 7'2" will give anybody problems.

Prince Harry
03-06-2005, 01:02 PM
look at the bare facts, gentlemen..

valuev is a russian, fighting out of germany.

the klits are ukrainians whove severed their ties to their german promotor - also valuevs promotor..

ant the russia-ukraine ties are not at their best after that latest revolution..

so..

valuev represents the old world and hes coming after the klits and the undesputed throne - in a couple of bouts that will be more than only boxing matches..

and valuev is a good fighter, hes steadily improving, and the levin fight clearly showed the hed learned to put his weight behind his punches, unlike in his former performance.

enjoy.. :)

Rumbler
03-06-2005, 04:53 PM
I don't think he is deserving of being ranked 7th, meaning I think that there are more than 6 heavies that could beat him 2/3 times. I saw the guy fight on ESPN some years back and got a clip of him recently, and though he does look like he kinda knows what's going on now, he is still just silly as far as boxing skill and quickness. Still though, 7'2" will give anybody problems.
he might go on to break marciano's record if he keeps fighting bums!! valuev cant fight..its just a freak show!!

RwK
03-06-2005, 05:02 PM
I think RJJ would give Valuev hell in a heavyweight fight. His akwardness would blind him. Jones would exploit the fact that he is slow and retarded.

Rumbler
03-06-2005, 05:10 PM
.....I am very curious about him. From what I hear he seems to be improving with each fight. Who knows??
he seems to be improving with each fight? he's had 40 fights!! and is going no where.dont think he can take a good shot either. valuev has been well managed. he's had 40 fights for goodness sake and is still fighting bums.

joeboxer
03-06-2005, 05:11 PM
he might go on to break marciano's record if he keeps fighting bums!! valuev cant fight..its just a freak show!!

Just to let you know, a lot of people have broken Marciano's record. It was only important because of who he did it against.

Take Sugar Ray Robinson 120-1-2. And that was before or right at the time he moved to middleweight.

dodge
03-06-2005, 05:28 PM
I think if he fought Vitali he might not get ko'ed but he would lose by UD.

Russian
03-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Well, Valuev is steadily improving his boxing, yes, it isn't "flying like a butterfly, sting like a bee", he rather "steps like godzilla, hit like a sledhe-hammer", and I dont see any reasons to think that Vitaly Klitchko really better than Nicolay Valuev. Valuev doesnt scream "I am the best", he is really modest, at least not so arrogant as Klitchko.

Lenny
03-07-2005, 12:25 PM
We shouldn`t compare the champion and his opponents. The facts show us who is the best in boxing. I`ve never seen Valuev fighting the dangerous boxers. And if you really want to be the best, you have to be sure that there is no one in the world who can knock you out.

J !
03-08-2005, 07:21 AM
true but you are nicely forgetting that vitali has hardly been banging the door down to settle all differences and avenge his loss to byrd. :eek:

bigbear
03-09-2005, 03:12 PM
How about Valuev vs. Wlad Klitchko it may show if he's any good ?

Lenny
03-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I heard that this fight was supposed to be, but I don`t think that story has an end.

dodge
03-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Wlad TKO'S Valuev in the 7-8 round.

J !
03-10-2005, 05:05 AM
not sure i agree Didge, Vlad has been shown up to be very mentally fragile he has the skills but if he doesnt put vvaluev down his fragile mindset could crumble with that monster bearing down on him,

good match up tho.

Lenny
03-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Valuev-Tua is going to be an interesting fight. What is the difference of their height?

bigbear
03-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Valuev-Tua is going to be an interesting fight. What is the difference of their height?
Are they scheduled to fight? When

Lenny
03-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Tua is coming back. They aren`t scheduled yet, but I heard from my friend who forecasts the fights that it`s really possible to organize their fight

Sinatra.Jr
03-11-2005, 06:26 AM
He has big body & hard punch also. But his active is so slow that's why
if he fights USA he never populer I guess. So his record is almost perfect because he never fights strong boxers fighting USA or so.

leff
03-11-2005, 06:53 AM

Let me see tyson is 5.10 and valuev is 7.2 hmmm thats 1,3 quite a bit, that fight would be so funny.

dodge
03-11-2005, 07:02 AM
I think Valuev-Tua would be a real pick em fight. I would like to see this happen.

Sinatra.Jr
03-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Valuev-Tua is going to be an interesting fight I think too.
If Tua is best condition,he will win by ko I guess.

Craig#1
03-12-2005, 08:59 PM
If Valuev-Tua goes ahead i think the little stocky man could take him in round 4 with his tremendous power and the big man would go to the canvas and his head would make a dent.

Lenny
03-13-2005, 05:31 AM
If Tua cannot reach Valuev`s head, he has to concentrate on liver.

leff
03-13-2005, 06:40 AM
If Tua cannot reach Valuev`s head, he has to concentrate on liver.

True, that left hook from hell will do good to the body too.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:20 AM
He's massive and slow & as soon as he steps up he'll get beat, I saw his last fight against Attila Levin and if Levin had a half decent chin then that would have been a good fight coz Levin was catching him with some good shots but the guys about 22/23 stone so he's got some weight behind his shots though he doesn't have any real snap on them, oh and he's got the biggest noggin i've ever seen :eek:

Yes, heís masssive Ė itís a fact. But slow? Donít confuse these two figures. Heís improving each fight and the speed is a skill he has yet. Heís not Mayweather but címon itís a heavyweight. Show me another fast heavyweight. The only fast heavyweights are Tyson, Aly, may be some more but they are unique. Valuevís speed equal to the speed of the all other modern top heavies.
I can say more: he can do combos Ė itís a rare thing at our days.
Levin would lose anyhow Ďcause Valuev was fresh and very active. He let his hands fly and the reslult was the question of time. If Levin had a half decent chin then that would have been TKO 8...

barryboy
03-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Don't be silly he makes Vitali look like Roy Jones! the guy pushes his punches, there's no real snap on them & he IS slow :boxing:

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:26 AM

Itís true. May be he is boring for somebody but itís Valuev whoíll be the next heavyweight champion for 2-4 years.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:28 AM
in seriousness Valuev is improving, in fact he would be my pick to give vitali some problems as it would be the first time vitlali does not have the physical advantages.

Vitali has nothing to beat Nikolai. May be experience and big heart.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:29 AM
He just seems to be too slow and ponderous, I think Vitali's ponderous but this guy is worse, the lower level guys he'll beat simply because of his size and weight but once he gets in the top ten if he does I can see him getting shown up.

Did you ever see Vitali? Lol Valuev would TKO foolish Williams in round 4. Williams was a punching bag that day and even with it Vitali did no one combo. Nikolai isnít showy but the main thing in boxing is an effectness.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
First off. He isn't getting any better. If you only saw his last fight it wasn't any better than his last ten. If he was getting better at 40 and 0 you would have heard of him before now. Even super-protected Joe Mesi was ranked number one and how many fights did he have? Not 40.
Oh and if you think this guy is being kept away from Vitali. Google him, 3 years ago Vaulev could have fought Klitcho, Holyfield, or Oliver McCall but "contractual obligations" on his part made it so he couldn't leave the country.

And Valuev isn't just massive. He is the biggest heavyweight to ever put gloves on. He is a skinny 350, but he can't box and he can't hit. If he was even an average boxer his size would make him unbeatable. But he isn't. And if he hasn't learned how to put his weight behind his punches yet he isn't going to.

someone said byrd is to slick for him, wrong. Bryd is probably the only one he could beat. As soon as Valuev fights a heavyweight with a good punch and average skills he is going to get KO'd.

Just a few months ago Valuev took on the Austrailian bronze medalist from the 2000 olympics. Are any of the other contenders going after boxers with that little experience. If Valuev isn't ready for a gold medalist from 2000, than he isn't ready for anyone in the top ten.

Donít confuse the Valuev team and Valuev the boxer. The team can do anything but it hasnít any relation to the boxerís skills.

Did you forget whom Rahman beat during the last year? Did you forget Moli The Crawling?

No one of Valuevís previous opponents could even rage him.
All your words are the voice of the soul not brain. You may like or dislike Valuev but the facts are still fat. Heís undefeated and was never really hurted. Bango for example was undefeated and if heíd never met Nikovai he could become solid contender, I donít sure that Vitali would beat Richard Bango. Itía clever boxer with a small pro experience but great skills and shape.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:32 AM

The power of his punches always grows. But his punches are breaking yet. The cause of this is his weight. When he will become a true puncher he will incinerate each opponent. Heís not Carnera heís the first giant guy with a talent.
All your other words are exact as a clock.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:45 AM
He looked ok there, no real footwork ot speak of though. All in all im not convinced
Footwork? Who does the footwork that convince you?

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:47 AM

Simply big? And what about Julius Long or Marcellous Brown? Heís talented fighter. Not genius but talented. And heís a great worker.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Give your arguments please. What figure of his skill is worse than the same one of Kiltchko, or coward Mccline, or Golota, or Peter, or Whitaker, or Ruiz, or Big George?

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:49 AM
he might go on to break marciano's record if he keeps fighting bums!! valuev cant fight..its just a freak show!!Naked emotions, naked words.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 10:50 AM
I think RJJ would give Valuev hell in a heavyweight fight. His akwardness would blind him. Jones would exploit the fact that he is slow and retarded.RJJ is a god. Heís the only one. I agree, he probably might, but if Valuev would caught him with a shot, god would dead. And donít forget, Kolya is slow opposite RJJ but who isnít slow against RJJ?

Diricul
03-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Don't be silly he makes Vitali look like Roy Jones! the guy pushes his punches, there's no real snap on them & he IS slow :boxing:
I look at his fights from the mid 90ies and almost each bout he moves away from puches and approaches to snap. Step by step. Heíll become true puncher soon. There is discussion here Ė am i right? So this means that each of us is isnteresting to compare his own opinion with the opinions of others. And try to clear who is right. I am interesting why you think this way and tell the facts to explain my point of view. One of them Ė Niko is improving the way o his punches. In the bout with Levin he landed the punches better than in the bout with Rayan. He became more fast. And in this bout with a good and not feared boxer Levin he was more speedy and skillful than Vitali in the bout with a Williams who didnít even try to let his hands fly. Danny simply walked forward, to the left or to the right and held his hands near the breast. For example when Vitali tried to land left shot Danny blocked it by his right hand and then turned to the right with the hands down. May be he wanted Vitali to punch him by the right shot? Or he forgot that heís in the ring? Anyhow Vitali thinked during 5-10 seconds and then hitted Williams by the right. lol It was great show but it would be better in the psycho-clinic or circus.lol
Roy Jones and Klitchko are antipodes lol
Vitali didnít floored Corrie while Corrie was fat, overraged (thatís not good for boxer) and did almost nothing for his own defense (and after 1st when he almost defeated Vitali he didnít even attack).
And if Hasim will not be fat like in the bouts with Tua (2th) or Ruiz and will do all that he have been usually doing in the ring in the late 90-ies he will clear soon who of us is right :)

barryboy
03-29-2005, 11:44 AM
I didn't get all of that but anyway :D It basically comes down to size & he is physically too big to be a quick, technical sort of guy so he'll have to rely on his punch, the problem with that is he doesn't appear to hit with a lot of POWER but he does hit with a lot of WEIGHT & this is what has been beating the lower tier guys he's been fighting, size & weight but saying that he'll be a hard task for anybody simply because of his size which let's be honest is his biggest assett but I would back any of the top ten guys to beat him right now except maybe Byrd who is slowing down big time. Valuev's had about 40 fights? I'd think if he was going to improve greatly he'd have done it by now.

kingmo
03-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I think its hard to say how good he actually is.. as although he has had 40 fights he hasn't really fought any one of note in terms of world class opposition. Have to agree with Barryboy, he is slow and isn't a power puncher, he is a HEAVY puncher though(not suprisingly). It will be interesting to see how he does against the better heavyweights out there who possess decent speed and power.

Diricul
04-01-2005, 03:02 AM
I didn't get all of that but anyway :D It basically comes down to size & he is physically too big to be a quick, technical sort of guy so he'll have to rely on his punch, the problem with that is he doesn't appear to hit with a lot of POWER but he does hit with a lot of WEIGHT & this is what has been beating the lower tier guys he's been fighting, size & weight but saying that he'll be a hard task for anybody simply because of his size which let's be honest is his biggest assett but I would back any of the top ten guys to beat him right now except maybe Byrd who is slowing down big time. Valuev's had about 40 fights? I'd think if he was going to improve greatly he'd have done it by now.
I think you reject his possibility to become a dexterous boxer just because of his parametres. It can be right with likes of Eric Esch or George Foreman but look at Valuev Ė his body is well proportionated: if someone who never saw him before looks at his photo where there isnít anybody but him no one can tell his size exactly. He can receive the rather good dexterity and skills because he always work and results can be seen yet.
I agree that he doesnít hit with his whole power yet. But your phrase is static but Nikoís condition is a dynamic one.
His previous opponents were not perfect but first itís not only Valuev who has the business with punching bags Ė itís the illness of the whole heavyweight division, second,as i said yet, management is not the boxing skill:) and third Ė no one of his opponents could hurt him, like it was with such as Wladimir Klitchko who was blowed away by phlegmatic Purity. Interesting moment: Atilla Levin won the fight against Purity. And Purity is same Purity that was 20 years ago:)

Of cource, his size is his biggest asset. Along with the love to work. But itís a heavyweight. Letís look at the top of the division: size is the biggest asset of them all except Byrd, Toney and Peter who is a puncher. For example decrease the size of Rahman by 10 percent and he wouldnít be at the top. But the successes of the other toppers are even more based on the size than Hasimís.

Yes, this is the right thought but itís a life, and things happen when its happen. The process is going now.

Valuevís skills are worse than the same of Byrd, Toney, Rahman, Brewster, Peter, Oquendo, Barrett now. But his skills are better than Mcclineís, Klitchkoís, Golotaís yet.

Diricul
04-01-2005, 03:06 AM
I think its hard to say how good he actually is.. as although he has had 40 fights he hasn't really fought any one of note in terms of world class opposition. Have to agree with Barryboy, he is slow and isn't a power puncher, he is a HEAVY puncher though(not suprisingly). It will be interesting to see how he does against the better heavyweights out there who possess decent speed and power.
I agree, it will be very interesting. Levin and Bango were the first ones. It's sad that Bango met Valuev. If he has a good management he could become a top contender. Richard is 36 years old now. I think the time is lost.

barryboy
04-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Valuevís skills are worse than the same of Byrd, Toney, Rahman, Brewster, Peter, Oquendo, Barrett now. But his skills are better than Mcclineís, Klitchkoís, Golotaís yet.

I have to disagree with the last bit there mate those last 3 guys are all more talented than Valuev, McCline has good pedigree, he sparred with most of the top heavyweights over the past few years including Lennox & has good skills, like Wlad both those guys are a bit suspect (chin, mentality?)but less talented than Valuev? I have to disagree.
I loved this bit though

"I agree that he doesnít hit with his whole power yet. But your phrase is static but Nikoís condition is a dynamic one".
:D

Diricul
05-27-2005, 06:44 AM
I have to disagree with the last bit there mate those last 3 guys are all more talented than Valuev, McCline has good pedigree, he sparred with most of the top heavyweights over the past few years including Lennox & has good skills, like Wlad both those guys are a bit suspect (chin, mentality?)but less talented than Valuev? I have to disagree.
Good day!:) Sorry for the pause.
Pedigreed moves and talent aren't equal. Do you accept it? Yes, Jameel sparred with skillful guys but itís an experience not talent. May be you heard that Valuev has big problems with sparring patners. Even now. Thatís why Nikolay spent so many years in boxing and still has so much to improve. May be when Nikolay will have the same experience that Jameel does he will be more pedigreed than McCline.
Valuev thinks in the ring and he does it better day by day. He learns to solve fighting tasks. I never saw McCline solving non-linear tasks.

Did you see the bout versus Etienne?