View Full Version : Matt Skelton Vs Danny Williams

hitterwitter
03-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Looks like this fight is going to happen in the summer, there is talk that the winner, will face the winner of Lamon Brewster vs Andrew Golota for the WBO title. Should be a good fight i think Skelton will win this by late ko. Was very impressed with his win over Moli on friday.

matts
03-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Skelton is such a scruffy fighter. But at the same time so effective. his fitness is second to none and his workrate pretty constant.

I belive Williams is by far the better boxer, But like you HitterWitter think Skelton will ko him mid to late.

There will be too much pressure on Danny to look good and do a number on
Skelton and we all know what happens to Danny Whe the pressure is on.

Imo there was less pressure on him when he faught TYSON than Klitschkov

BOLLOCKS1984
03-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Skelton will beat Williams, because he'll impose his will on Danny, and Danny will crumble imo. Not sure if Skelton will get a fight with Brewster or Golota, DK has those two guy's, and I think he's looking to make a heavyweight unification tournament. Even if that doesn't come off, I can't see DK letting Skelton fight Brewster, or Golota. He doesn't do favours unless your signed with him.

Halo sas
03-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Back in the "good old days" Warren could click his fingers and get a WBO title shot for any of his palookas. What happened did he dump them and their "dangerous" mandatorys for the WBU or did they dump him? :p

diz82
03-02-2005, 09:30 AM
There isn't a hope in hell of Skelton winning this one. Matt is easy to hit and once WIlliams does it'll be goodnight Matty.

dilivio2005
03-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Very interseting bout. It will be interesting to see how williams deals with skeltons aggression and pressure. I see it being quite a close contest with williams stopping him late in the fight.

AKHAN
03-03-2005, 09:14 AM
DANNY should win if he fight like he did with tyson

delroy02
03-03-2005, 03:18 PM
DANNY should win if he fight like he did with tyson

He should win, but I have the feeling that Skelton's style will be too much for Danny to handle. I think in this fight the old Danny Williams will emerge

Rumbler
03-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Looks like this fight is going to happen in the summer, there is talk that the winner, will face the winner of Lamon Brewster vs Andrew Golota for the WBO title. Should be a good fight i think Skelton will win this by late ko. Was very impressed with his win over Moli on friday.
u were impressed by skelton's win over moli? r u sure ur a boxing fan? there was so much holding and hugging, i thought they might start kissing...lol

hatcheeks
03-03-2005, 06:00 PM
i too think skelton will win but it will be close. however, i think there will definatley be a big KO. skelton has done really well to come this far considering he comes from a kickboxing background and hasnt been a pro boxer for long.

Marjoh
03-03-2005, 10:31 PM
I just read that Williams wants a rematch with Tyson or a fight against W.Klitschko. And would only fight Skelton as a last resort (if the Tyson rematch or W.Klitschko bout don't go through. Which BTW I doubt it would). He feels that Skelton is a step backward. But really though. He got beat so badly from his last fight that he's not thinking straight.

nawfal
03-04-2005, 05:33 AM
i think skelton wll winn, but DAMNNN is he boring! he is such a boring fighter it kills me to watch im.

number6
03-05-2005, 09:46 AM
If williams is highly motivated and well prepared
fo this fight he should win by stoppage.If he is
not and takes a lazy attitude to the fight he could
end up losing a messy,boring ud.

barryboy
03-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Danny has way more skills and natural ability than Skelton but if Matt can bully him into the ropes and bang away as he has been doing then I can see him winning this one, he's got great stamina and we know he'll be in shape to go 12 rounds, can we say the same for Williams? Even in the biggest fight of his life against Vitali he didn't look in good shape at all and he appears to be sleepwalking through fights sometimes plus with all the wrestling and mauling that Skelton does, that'll tire you out fast so unless Danny can keep him on the outside I think Skelton could take this.

RobbieD
03-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Can't see Skelton bullying Williams like he has done to others. I say Williams late or on points.

lennon
03-09-2005, 09:25 AM
williams will win but will have trouble, see his win over long, very hard fight.

tommo
03-10-2005, 03:15 AM
I like this fight , i think skelton will bring his relentless pressre bullying and danny williams is the man to physically be big enough to stand up to him without being knocked out sparko (skeltons shots are'nt as crisp as samil sam's).i also think the new danny williams will ahve matured as fighter after a big year from him against to of boxings biggest names, past and present.What in the hell happened to herbie hide ?

J !
03-10-2005, 06:08 AM
herbie hide is erm hiding in america, he will be arerssted as soon as he touches down in the uk.
bout 4 missed court appearances traffic offences.
take it from me he is a bad bastard that one. good riddance to bad rubbish.

marvdave
03-10-2005, 09:39 AM
I haven't seen alot of Skelton, but from what I have seen, Danny Williams seems to skilled for Skelton.

J !
03-10-2005, 09:46 AM
agreed but i dunno danny can fall to peices at times and skelton is a relentless if limited hard mofo.

ive met them both at the york hall both real gents with plenty of time for fans and journo's a like.

top lads, they are a credit to the game whatever thier deficiences as top level fighters. :boxing:

ophqui
03-10-2005, 02:18 PM
Skelton = 38 year old, pro boxing for about 2 years, no big name opponents (or even moderately skilled ones)

Williams = World title contender(by fluke, but still), took the current champ 8 rounds, beat tyson, decent pro of many years expiriance

Nuff said

Sinatra.Jr
03-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Skelton is so big but a little slow fighter. So I think Danny will win the this match in early rounds.

Martin (Top Knowledge)
03-15-2005, 12:15 PM
I dunno why but a Skelton -v- Williams fight just doesn't interest me that much. It took Vitali 8 rounds to get rid of Williams - I wonder how many rounds it'll take Skelton? :confused:

Sinatra.Jr
03-17-2005, 04:56 AM
Once Skelton fought constantly K-1 kickboxing match in Japan.I usually saw his fights on TV.From that time, he used punch rather than kick.I think he thought he was much suitable boxing fighter than kickboxer.But he never won the magor title like WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO.cause he still too slow and in the fact he has never good tin.Once knocked out by Le Banna
who is French K-1 fighter by landed to punch to the face also not staminac at that time.

kingmo
03-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Williams could and should win this one with ease, he has way more ability than skelton in every department. But saying that, it all depends upon which version of Williams turns up??? However if he's in the right frame of mind and adequately motivated, there will only be one winner.

dodge
03-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Williams by ko 5.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Skelton is such a scruffy fighter. But at the same time so effective. his fitness is second to none and his workrate pretty constant.

I belive Williams is by far the better boxer, But like you HitterWitter think Skelton will ko him mid to late.

There will be too much pressure on Danny to look good and do a number on
Skelton and we all know what happens to Danny Whe the pressure is on.

Imo there was less pressure on him when he faught TYSON than Klitschkov

Of course. Klitís knees were healthy. Tysonís ones not.
But Williams was perfect with Tyson and was demolished in the 1st round. And Klitchko fought the joking punching bag in the last december.

Diricul
03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
There isn't a hope in hell of Skelton winning this one. Matt is easy to hit and once WIlliams does it'll be goodnight Matty.
Klitchko is also easy to hit. But the intersting thing was revealed during the december bout: Williams canít land his punch. Williamsí brain donít let it.

I think Williams is mad because Williams opposite MIke was different than Williams opposite Vitali. Skelton may be wooden but heís thinking and it will be the main factor.

Skelton TKO 6

paul750
03-29-2005, 12:05 PM
I dunno why but a Skelton -v- Williams fight just doesn't interest me that much. It took Vitali 8 rounds to get rid of Williams - I wonder how many rounds it'll take Skelton? :confused:
i would like to see all the top british heavyweight guys fight each other, wiliams, skelton, harrison, greenburg, hide, but it will never happen, greenburg looks the most talented out of them all

barryboy
06-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Williams vows KO!

Former WBC heavyweight title challenger Danny Williams is planning to go to war with British champion Matt Skelton when they collide on July 16 at the Bolton Arena. "This is going to be a war," says Williams. "The fight will not go the distance and it will be trench warfare right from the very first bell. Everyone knows that Skelton is just a big rough brawler with no skill but he has a big heart. I'm a better and more skilful fighter than Skelton with even more heart and could beat him with my hands down but I am going to prove a point that he cannot rough me about and will fight him at his own game and knock him out."

TheBrownBomber22
06-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Those be fighting words, I'll go with Danny with a UD (he better be in shape if not it'll be a long night).

marvdave
06-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Williams vows KO!

Former WBC heavyweight title challenger Danny Williams is planning to go to war with British champion Matt Skelton when they collide on July 16 at the Bolton Arena. "This is going to be a war," says Williams. "The fight will not go the distance and it will be trench warfare right from the very first bell. Everyone knows that Skelton is just a big rough brawler with no skill but he has a big heart. I'm a better and more skilful fighter than Skelton with even more heart and could beat him with my hands down but I am going to prove a point that he cannot rough me about and will fight him at his own game and knock him out."

I agree with him..much too seasoned for Skelton

although I'm not saying Skelton has no heart, just not enough experience

Martin (Top Knowledge)
06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
I'll say Skelton by decsion or late KO... Danny Williams is a far better fighter but Skelton will drag him into a bullish WAR and Danny doesn't have the mental strength to be able to stop what's happening.

Matt Skelton is Danny's worst nightmare (when it comes to styles).

I'm pretty confident that Matt Skelton will win this fight.

barryboy
06-14-2005, 01:15 PM
What Danny says about their fighting ability is pretty accurate but have to agree with Martin on this one, I think it'll go very much the same way as you described, Williams' fight on the Tszyu/Hatton undercard wasn't too impressive at all against real soft oppositon(Even though he was in better shape than he was for Klitschko which I don't get! Just shows you what a tempramental guy he is.) If Danny can keep him on the outside he wins but I don't think he'll be able to hold Skelton off.

jome
06-14-2005, 04:34 PM
i rekon this will be a really close fight, i rekon williams will start the better but skelton will come back. i think that williams will get it on points tho, well thats my opinion anyway, will probably be wrong :)

Kid Achilles
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
I haven't seen Skelton fight yet but I'm gonna go with my man Danny Williams.

paul750
06-17-2005, 01:54 PM
williams has been around the block a lot longer than skelton, and is a more skilled boxer, williams should pull this one out by a late KO, or a UD.

bigbadbri
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Williams won't like the rough house tactics of Skelton. I think Danny might take his eye off the ball in this one and get KOed.

Zab Super Judah
07-14-2005, 07:30 AM
i hope danny williams wins..hes got some heart

stepmonster
07-14-2005, 04:18 PM
williams has got it in the bag man

sonofisis
07-14-2005, 10:43 PM
Danny Williams is a bum..

barryboy
07-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Williams huge for Skelton clash

Danny Williams weighed in at a huge 20st 3lbs for his British heavyweight title fight with champion Matt Skelton in Bolton on Saturday.
Skelton came in over two stone lighter at 18st 2lbs and Williams' trainer Jim McDonnell claimed his fighter had deliberately bulked up for the bout.

"Skelton likes to wrestle guys and Danny needs to be able to stand up to that," said McDonnell.

"Now Danny can throw Skelton around or use his better boxing skills."

Skelton's promoter Frank Maloney accused Williams of wearing weights under his tracksuit bottoms, which he refused to remove on the scales.

Maloney said: "It was an absolute embarrassment for Williams who is trying to play tricks but we know what he is all about."

Meanwhile, Skelton has vowed to make Williams pay for nicking a fight with Mike Tyson last year.

There's talk of the winner fighting for the world title, so after I deal with Skelton I will deal with John Ruiz

Williams knocked out the former world heavyweight king last July, but Skelton thinks it should have been him making headlines.

Skelton said: "I thought it should have been me in there because I was the champion and the on-form fighter.

"I'm certainly not under-estimating Danny but neither am I going to live in fear of him because he beat Tyson."

Skelton, unbeaten in 16 bouts, starts as a slender favourite after taking the belt from Michael Sprott in April 2004.

But Williams is hoping to find the form that brought him the biggest win of his career against Tyson.

The 32-year-old Brixton fighter has vowed to retire if he loses, while the winner can expect a world title shot.

"My whole career is on the line in this fight because I know that if I lose I will retire," said Williams.

"If I win there is the chance of another world title shot so that is the motivation for me. I am the better fighter and I will win."

Williams also claimed his beating at the hands of heavyweight king Vitali Klitschko last December has not scarred him.

"I took positives out of the Klitschko loss because it proved that I am a warrior, and if Skelton wants to believe that I am scared of him then let him think that."

Both fighters have vowed to go to war in what will be one of the biggest domestic heavyweight match-ups in recent years.

Williams is way too heavy he'll be shattered by the middle rounds if it goes that far, glad I picked Skelton now.

Rovers
07-15-2005, 12:22 PM
20st cant beleive it he got weight problems ,thats more than the klitschko fight and he couldnt even move and hit in the first 10 seconds of that fight so this is gonna be a quik night for skelton now

marvdave
07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
this fight is only on TV out there I assume?

This yank doesn't know what 20 stone is. What is his weight?

thanks

barryboy
07-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Think it's 283 :eek:

marvdave
07-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Think it's 283 :eek:

I've officially changed my prediction if he weighs 283 :eek:

barryboy
07-15-2005, 12:54 PM
I was thinking even 260 was too heavy for him so assuming it's all above board I don't see how Williams plans to have enough stamina in the late rounds, sounds like a **** or bust fight from Williams in the early rounds.

http://cache-1.sportinglife.com/pictures/general/williamsskeltonsquareoff.jpg

sonofisis
07-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't see why people wanna see this guy anyway.. :confused:

Boxclever
07-15-2005, 03:21 PM
I Still think Skelton should be a good fight though. He should shave off his beard though. :D

roberson2u
07-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Danny Williams sucks..Skelton gonna knock him out

RoboHobo
07-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Danny Williams sucks..Skelton gonna knock him out
if they ever meet