View Full Version : mouth guards

triggerhappy
02-28-2005, 11:51 AM
i know when you first buy mouth guards your suppose to boil them or somthing...dose anyone know the the proper way of doing it

zip
02-28-2005, 12:07 PM
boil some water and while its boiling put the mouth piece in the water for 10 seconds. Take it out place it in your mouth (becareful and dont burn yourself) and with your fingers make it stick to the teeth. So when you open your mouth it doesnt fall down.

DrDac
02-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Usually the material that the mouthguard is made out of does not get hot enough to burn you, but the water left on the mouthguard when removed from pot sure is! So make sure you shake the mouthguard off quickly before sticking it in your mouth. Bite down, suck on it like a lemon, push your tongue on it to help form it to your mouth, push on your cheeks a little to help form it also.

Boiling time varies due to the kind of mouth guard your have.

spinksjinx
02-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Stay away from Boil and Bite, their is a great thread on mouthguards search for them. Get a custom one it is better to fork over 50 now than 5000 later...A good mouth guard will protect your face and teeth as well as the rest of your body. If you are not protected properly a blow to the mouth could paralyze you...Stay protected and dont be cheap when it comes to protection...In boxing you need it.

triggerhappy
02-28-2005, 01:29 PM
i will be spareing today for the first tonught so i just wanna get things right...thanks for your help

masha
03-02-2005, 02:37 PM
ive been using boil and bite for years.

works for me not problem.

spinksjinx
03-02-2005, 05:05 PM
ive been using boil and bite for years.

works for me not problem.

Good luck if you continue.

jack_the_rippuh
03-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Good luck if you continue.

Lol...that's not right..

icedog11
03-14-2005, 04:29 PM
you should check out customguards.com 1000% more protective than boil and bites call the contact number. they make mouthguards for fighters that are not listed on the site. they have a large client list of boxers. i got the web adress off Bernard Hopkins hat after the delahoya fight. they made hopkins mouthguard

jack_the_rippuh
03-14-2005, 04:38 PM
you should check out customguards.com 1000% more protective than boil and bites call the contact number. they make mouthguards for fighters that are not listed on the site. they have a large client list of boxers. i got the web adress off Bernard Hopkins hat after the delahoya fight. they made hopkins mouthguard

Bernard Hopkins has a one of a kind grill (its that messed up) he needs a custom guard..

Rockin'
03-14-2005, 05:17 PM
dude, I pulled a mouthpiece directly from the boiling water and put it in my mouth once...... and only once, that **** burns.

I recommend getting a coffee cup of cool water and when you pull the mouth piece from the boiling water, dip the piece in the cool water and quickly pull it out. The mouthpiece will still form to your teeth. When its in your mouth get some suction going in there to pull it to the roof of your mouth. This way it will be tight to your teeth and completly formed to the top part of your mouth. Have fun and keep those hands up.........Rockin'