View Full Version : Who else doesn't think Fight Night is all that bad?

mike ruler
08-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Fight Night seems fun to me. I had a problem with the spammers earlier, but now I've learned how to deal with em. I like the game. Sure, it has flaws, but every game does, they've made giant leaps from FNR3 imo...

Equilibrium
08-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Personally i love it. People are just *****ing because they were good at round 3 and they had to relearn the game with round 4.

I think round 4 is much better than round 3, combinations come out much better, punches are quicker, Knock downs aren't as easy to get, there are flash knock downs. The in fighting vs out fighting is cool. I think overall it's much closer to what boxing really is than round 3. Counter system is awesome too.

It's not perfect, i actually liked the way the haymakers worked better in round 4, winding up your punches was cool. Now holding the right button is kinda meh. Plus the footwork is weird at times.

popkins99
08-17-2009, 01:13 AM
cant really get into fnr4. i dont like the graphics, movements are too stiff, hate the controls, and hmm, yeah thats it.

-EX-
08-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I enjoy it...not as much when it first came out but I'm still playing

Erik K
08-18-2009, 12:55 PM
I hated it the first week it came out but the game has grown on me. I love it now even though it still frustrates me at times. Best boxing game ever.

Grand Champ
08-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Great game. I like it.

Mersey
08-18-2009, 03:37 PM
Was dissapointed at first. Now I love it. After a day or so I couldn't stop playin it.

TheCheetah
08-18-2009, 03:54 PM
I love it... I'm just not that good online.. There are some serious folks on there

squealpiggy
08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah I like it I think it's easily the best one yet.

ИATAS
08-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Not bad???? This game is great. So deep on so many levels.

squealpiggy
08-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Not bad???? This game is great. So deep on so many levels.

Why does that picture of Hopkins in your sig have Joe Calzaghe among the souls? Is there a different way of eating souls nowadays? One that looks like this:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o267/realpiggy/humpy.gif

ИATAS
08-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Why does that picture of Hopkins in your sig have Joe Calzaghe among the souls? Is there a different way of eating souls nowadays? One that looks like this:

His confidence was **** after the hopkins fight so he fought a shot 40 year old roy jones and retired, rather than taking on a challenge.

street bully
08-19-2009, 03:50 PM

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o267/realpiggy/humpy.gif

So lowblowing a man, and then showing how gay you are is considered a good thing now? Calzaghe is a dud, fighting Roy Jones while avoiding Pavlik and Dawson only to retire.

Shadow boxer 3
08-28-2009, 07:34 PM
online sucks. it takes no skill. these idiots just spam

Erik K
08-28-2009, 11:05 PM
online sucks. it takes no skill. these idiots just spam

Not true. There are alot of good matches out there. Give the game 2 weeks and you will like it.

TheCheetah
08-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Now that they have added the buttons I love the game. It's the best boxing game.

NoFear24
09-06-2009, 01:11 AM
The game is awesome and the most realistic out of all the boxing games. This game won me a trip to Vegas baby!! LOL got to meet Shane Mosley their as one of the top 16 in the gamestop tournament. Too bad I got dealt the right side playing against the guy who won the whole thing. I beat the guy online but when I play on the right side, my timing is way off.

Joe2608
09-06-2009, 10:29 AM
The game was hard when it first came out but now i think it's fun and the most realistic boxing game ever.

Edit: with a great roster and the chance to download more boxers.

$partacus
09-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Buttons are rubbish you can't body punch while moving.

mathed
09-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Personally i love it. People are just *****ing because they were good at round 3 and they had to relearn the game with round 4.

I think round 4 is much better than round 3, combinations come out much better, punches are quicker, Knock downs aren't as easy to get, there are flash knock downs. The in fighting vs out fighting is cool. I think overall it's much closer to what boxing really is than round 3. Counter system is awesome too.

It's not perfect, i actually liked the way the haymakers worked better in round 4, winding up your punches was cool. Now holding the right button is kinda meh. Plus the footwork is weird at times.

I bought it last week and it is a little different from fn3 but the combos can be thrown much easier in fnr4 I think. It is much more realistic too, with a real life feel to it, forget the haters they just don't like using the joystick to play

The Gully Gad
09-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Now that they have added the buttons I love the game. It's the best boxing game.

Co Sign...The Baddest Bloodclaart Boxing Game Period!

I love it endless hours played on it neva get bored of them sort of games...

dj Ramos
09-07-2009, 01:39 AM
its a good game to bad my 360 messed up the day b4 new boxer pack came out...

sleazyfellow
09-07-2009, 03:41 AM
I like the game but for me nothing tops round 2 yet, I like 4 ALOT more than round 3 because its way faster.

$partacus
09-07-2009, 09:30 AM
How come when i create a boxer and put his attributes to 100 it changes on the fight now screen or online to a lower value? Whats the point of doing the attributes if the game just changes them?

ИATAS
09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
How come when i create a boxer and put his attributes to 100 it changes on the fight now screen or online to a lower value? Whats the point of doing the attributes if the game just changes them?

It's weight class based.

For example a heavyweight can have punching power of 100, but a middleweight can only have punching power of say 80. This is because obviously heavyweights punch harder than lightweights.

Handspeed and footspeed can be maxed out to 100 for the lowest weight class, but it goes down as you go up the weight class.

Does that make sense?

If you create a boxer and put everything at 100 then fight now or online, the computer will automatically adjust it accordingly (you're still maxed out, it will just show 80 instead of 100, etc.)

This way it's realistic. You wouldn't want to have a 112 pound fighter with the same punching power as Mike Tyson, now would you?

$partacus
09-08-2009, 06:39 PM
It's weight class based.

For example a heavyweight can have punching power of 100, but a middleweight can only have punching power of say 80. This is because obviously heavyweights punch harder than lightweights.

Handspeed and footspeed can be maxed out to 100 for the lowest weight class, but it goes down as you go up the weight class.

Does that make sense?

If you create a boxer and put everything at 100 then fight now or online, the computer will automatically adjust it accordingly (you're still maxed out, it will just show 80 instead of 100, etc.)

This way it's realistic. You wouldn't want to have a 112 pound fighter with the same punching power as Mike Tyson, now would you?

Yeah i get it now, thanks. Would be better if they just restricted them in the CAB attributes so we know what the stats will be when we are creating them.