View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] I think of buying console. Which is best?

Mir-44
08-16-2009, 10:57 PM
I can not decide between playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Which is better? Which have better game? I like games like Call of Duty and GTA4

Please give me feedback.

Thanks.

Equilibrium
08-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Well having just bought a console recently i went through the same thing you did.

This article made me decide:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-vs-xbox-360-two-years-later/

The guy is pretty neutral and says the good and bad points of both consoles.

Personally i bought a 360 and i'm happy so far, my main reason to buy it was because there are more games, the online is better and most of my friends have a 360, and i wanted to play with them.

I'm sure i'll miss the great games on the ps3 though.

NicoBLV
08-17-2009, 02:49 AM
Well, I'd say the 360. It's made for multi-player, and seeing a bunch of sick games are coming out for it, it's never a better time to grab one. Halo ODST is supposed to be good, as well as Halo Reach. Not to mention it's cheaper and can be easily mod'd to play free games.

The PS3 is worse in my point of view. It makes you feel as if it's fragile just because of the cost and size. Not to mention most of the people that play online blow, if you want good competition and tournaments, grab a 360.

Also, look what's coming out next summer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2r9cKjNQe4&feature=fvst

Good luck on choosing.

USA4LIFE
08-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Well, I'd say the 360. It's made for multi-player, and seeing a bunch of sick games are coming out for it, it's never a better time to grab one. Halo ODST is supposed to be good, as well as Halo Reach. Not to mention it's cheaper and can be easily mod'd to play free games.

The PS3 is worse in my point of view. It makes you feel as if it's fragile just because of the cost and size. Not to mention most of the people that play online blow, if you want good competition and tournaments, grab a 360.

Also, look what's coming out next summer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2r9cKjNQe4&feature=fvst

Good luck on choosing.

This is has got to be one of the funniest post I have read in quite sometime. I really got a good laugh out of it.

Funny you mention fragility when the 360 is known for breaking down time and time again. I have a friend who got the red rings 4 times. Luckily my brother only had to replace it once, so far. The PS3 is by far more reliable than the 360, that's just a fact.

I don't know how you can make a statement on who plays what online and how good they are. Saying that those who have a 360 are better online gamers than PS3 owners is quite possibly the most fanboyish statement I have every heard and hold absolutely no water. I don't know how any human can possibly know such a thing, unless you have played every single sole 360 owner online (no you haven't) and every single sole PS3 owner online (no you haven't) then maybe you can make such a statement. You pretty much just made yourself look like a complete retard with that statement. Just saying.

Now onto you Hazard, my suggestion would be to look at the 360's library of game and the PS3's library of game and see what you think you'd like more. Focus on the system exclusive game of course. As someone who has both systems I'll tell you that both systems are great and I have enjoyed most games for both.

Obviously there's gonna be hit and misses for both. If you have a HDTV I would say get the PS3, there gonna start making more and more games using 1080p output and the few games I have that use that output look stunning. I mean, 720p and 1080i look great also but once you see 1080p, man you'll never want to go back. Also you can use the bluray if you don't already have one.

As for the 360, it's a lot cheaper which is always a good thing. It's got great exclusive game as well and looks great in HD too (not like the PS3 tho).

It's all about personal preference really. Like I said before look at the games each system has to offer, look at the future exclusive games that are soon to come out and just go with your gut. Remember, you're not buying the system for the system, you're buying the system for the games, so focus on that. You won't be disappointed either way IMO. If you got the cash I say why not get both lol.

D-MiZe
08-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Stop talking about red rings and XBox 360.

My friend had a PS3 that broke more than his 360, the RRoD is becoming a myth now.

Spartacus Sully
08-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Ummm xbox 360 with hdmi is 1080p also.

also correct me if im wrong but i belive that even though the graphics card in the ps3 is faster it only has 128 mb of ram compared to the xbox 360's 512.

but really just look through the game library's and see what games you would be interested in personally though i think your best bet would be to pick up a snes or n64

Caesar
08-17-2009, 07:14 AM
i like the ps3 much more

NicoBLV
08-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Wow.. :stupid:

I wasn't just blind firing at this subject, I've played both systems enough to know my facts.

First of all, that statement is true seeing Xbox live has more players than PSN. Not to mention bunches of PS3 players complain about how they get raped on Xbox Live. Now, about the RROD, as far as that goes, it's pretty easy to avoid.. DON't leave your Xbox on for days, or abuse it in any way. Of course it's going to break.. Other than that, there is no other problems with the Xbox. You can't really go wrong with anything Microsoft, seeing they have a warranty anyway, but more so they're just one of the most trustworthy brands out there.

As for the Fanboy statement, I guess I am one, aren't I? I'd take the 360 over the PS3 any day. just for the fact it's more fun and has a better selection of FPS games, which are what I like.

Graphics? Don't really matter to me, as long as I can clearly see what the hell is on the screen, it's fine. Gameplay is what matters.

But it's not what we think anyway, he'll end up making his own decision in the end anyway...

- v e t -
08-17-2009, 07:36 AM
also correct me if im wrong but i belive that even though the graphics card in the ps3 is faster it only has 128 mb of ram compared to the xbox 360's 512.

you are wrong...

"The PlayStation 3 has 256 MB of XDR main memory and 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory for the RSX."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614682p1.html

- v e t -
08-17-2009, 07:46 AM
ok, true story, for TS....

Personally, I prefer the ps3.... just my preference...

however, i will admit this... NONE of my friends with PSs have decided to go out and buy a 360 because they felt their ps3 lacking or had issues with it breaking... BUT almost all of my friends that have/had a 360 went out and bought a ps3... and none regret it... some kept their 360, some didnt... but thats as real as i can put it...

im not even going into my preferences (i have two ps3s actually for different rooms etc :D), im just telling you what i see from OTHER consumers!

the 360 has alot of games, the ps3 does too... but the upcoming lineup for the rest of 09 and all of 2010 does favor the ps3 IMHO....

for what its worth,

before Demise comes in here and starts flamin the thread with his fanboyism...

▀ringer
08-17-2009, 09:07 AM
I won't buy either, just yet.

The 360 is far more appealing to me ; because, you know, I'm one of those types of people who buy consoles to play games on. (Not play Blu Ray DVD's, get on the internet, download stuff, etc.....)

But it's failure rate has kept me from purchasing it.

The PS3 is far more reliable but it doesn't have the massive library of titles that the 360 has and seems to be more of an "entertainment system" than a video game console.

Most of the stuff PS3 users have told me were the reasons why it's better than a 360 I already can do with my computer.

- v e t -
08-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I won't buy either, just yet.

The 360 is far more appealing to me ; because, you know, I'm one of those types of people who buy consoles to play games on. (Not play Blu Ray DVD's, get on the internet, download stuff, etc.....)

But it's failure rate has kept me from purchasing it.

The PS3 is far more reliable but it doesn't have the massive library of titles that the 360 has and seems to be more of an "entertainment system" than a video game console.

Most of the stuff PS3 users have told me were the reasons why it's better than a 360 I already can do with my computer.

yeah, i can say if you are going to go the ps3 route, wait another month, the "slim" is SUPPOSED to be announced this week with a price cut also....

▀ringer
08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
yeah, i can say if you are going to go the ps3 route, wait another month, the "slim" is SUPPOSED to be announced this week with a price cut also....

I'm waiting for the holiday season to see who comes out with the best package at the best price.

The slim PS3 sounds enticing, but Microsoft is also rumored to be putting together an Elite 360 package that will be on par with the Halo 3/Fable 2 package.

Whoever puts up the best deal gets my money.

- v e t -
08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm waiting for the holiday season to see who comes out with the best package at the best price.

The slim PS3 sounds enticing, but Microsoft is also rumored to be putting together an Elite 360 package that will be on par with the Halo 3/Fable 2 package.

Whoever puts up the best deal gets my money.

yeah, they already got rid of the Pro and replaced it with the Elite at the Pro price, i believe....

i'd confirm but "games" sites are blocked here at work...

if you ever need game news or whatnot, i always direct people to n4g.com...

its got a ****LOAD of links for all games and consoles!

lots of fanboys there too if that's your thing (demise)

Equilibrium
08-17-2009, 09:34 AM
About the red ring of death problem. The older model did have this problem, but the new model with the jasper chip does not. So if you buy a 360 make sure it was manifactured in 2009, otherwise you might get sold an old model, which microsoft are still trying to get rid of.

All 360 elites have the old model chip, there is a great deal coming, they will be selling elites at 300$.(the price of the current "pro") But honestly i wouldn't buy it, cause there are high chances it will **** in your hands.

- v e t -
08-17-2009, 09:39 AM
About the red ring of death problem. The older model did have this problem, but the new model with the jasper chip does not. So if you buy a 360 make sure it was manifactured in 2009, otherwise you might get sold an old model, which microsoft are still trying to get rid of.

All 360 elites have the old model chip, there is a great deal coming, they will be selling elites at 300$.(the price of the current "pro") But honestly i wouldn't buy it, cause there are high chances it will **** in your hands.

again, i cant confirm the link at this time because "games" are blocked... BUT i have read that even the Jasper chip is susceptible....

some reports i read even say it is "worse" (not sure of the validity of the claims though)

but its to each their own... i wont say the ps3 is flawless either, i had to send mine back once....

im just trying to give info for the TS...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=82175&page=3

▀ringer
08-17-2009, 09:57 AM
When did game consoles become so damn unreliable, you guys?

I still have my original SNES and the thing still works as well now as it did back in '91. :lol1:

I realize that the more technology advances, the easier it's going to be for console related parts to malfunction.

But seriously ; how come we can launch a satellite into space, put submarines in the ocean, and put a nuclear missle up a camel's ass from 5,000 miles away but we can't make a video game console that doesn't blow up in your face?

- v e t -
08-17-2009, 09:58 AM
When did game consoles become so damn unreliable, you guys?

I still have my original SNES and the thing still works as well now as it did back in '91. :lol1:

I realize that the more technology advances, the easier it's going to be for console related parts to malfunction.

But seriously ; how come we can launch a satellite into space, put submarines in the ocean, and put a nuclear missle up a camel's ass from 5,000 miles away but we can't make a video game console that doesn't blow up in your face?

im with ya bro.... my nes, genesis (was kinda suspect), ps1 and n64 are all SOLID...

i mean, sure we had to blow on the games to get them to work in the NES but at least it was operable....

squealpiggy
08-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Colecovision FTW

http://www.gameconsolesedu.info/images/Colecovision.jpg

USA4LIFE
08-17-2009, 06:23 PM

I wasn't just blind firing at this subject, I've played both systems enough to know my facts.

First of all, that statement is true seeing Xbox live has more players than PSN. Not to mention bunches of PS3 players complain about how they get raped on Xbox Live.

Once again you are showing how much of an idiot you really, are. You have no proof, that's zero proof, and there are zero statistics that show that PS3 owners are worse at games that 360 owners, that is one of the most retarded statements I have ever heard. Back it up with facts you moron. How you can know such a statistic is beyond any comprehension, and such a statistic is perhaps impossible to figure out seeing as sole PS3 owners can only play other PS3 owners online and vice versa.

If a PS3 owner who has never played a 360 before and vice versa, decided to one day find and play the opposite system there is without a shadow of a doubt that both persons would have difficulty playing online matches for the simple fact that they aren't used to the controls. Are you really that up Microsoft's @s$hole to make such a weak, false and completely biased statement? You know what type of kid you are? You're that kid in elementary school who went around telling other kids that your dad can beat up there dad without knowing anything about the other kids father. You talk out of your ass :)

USA4LIFE
08-17-2009, 06:30 PM
im with ya bro.... my nes, genesis (was kinda suspect), ps1 and n64 are all SOLID...

i mean, sure we had to blow on the games to get them to work in the NES but at least it was operable....

Or the moist Q-tip trick. Isn't it amazing, back in the day we were able to fix our consoles with our own breath and some cotton, no we have to send it back to the manufacturers to get it fixed.

- v e t -
08-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Dear TS,

This just in...

Xbox 360 Failure Rate is 54.2 Percent, Game Informer Finds

The Xbox 360 breaks five times as often as its closest failure-prone competitor, the PlayStation 3, a print edition-only Game Informer survey found.

The poorly manufactured, red ring of death-prone console has a 54.2 percent failure rate, compared to 10.6 percent for the PS3 and the Wii's 6.8 percent.

The magazine surveyed nearly 5,000 readers to get the data. And while the 360's rate is alarmingly higher than the others, it's still bafflingly low because it blows the mind to imagine that 45.8 percent of the consoles have not broken. Also, Microsoft's numbers are inflated because 360s are used the most of the three consoles. Results said 40.3 percent of 360 owners use the console three to five hours a day, compared to 37 percent of PS3 owners. Meanwhile, the plurality of Wii owners (41.4 percent) play their consoles less than an hour a day.

Microsoft also seized the gold medal for unhelpful customer service, taking nearly a month to repair or replace a console, while Nintendo and Sony stuck closer to a week. Only 37.7 percent of Microsoft customers found the company's customer service was "very helpful," compared to 51.1 percent fo Sony and 56.1 percent for Nintendo.

The most shocking number from the survey Ś and frightening from a consumer perspective Ś is only 3.8 percent of Xbox 360 owners said they'd never buy another Xbox because of hardware failure.

http://consumerist.com/5338852/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-542-percent-game-informer-finds

Equilibrium
08-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Dear TS,

This just in...

http://consumerist.com/5338852/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-542-percent-game-informer-finds

Sorry but the writer doesn't seem very legit to me. We don't even know if game informer made that survey and if they really did do a survey he wouldn't be the first to publish the result.

Anybody can have a site and write whatever the hell he wants on the internet.

Edit: 5000 people isn't that much people.

- v e t -
08-17-2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry but the writer doesn't seem very legit to me. We don't even know if game informer made that survey and if they really did do a survey he wouldn't be the first to publish the result.

Anybody can have a site and write whatever the hell he wants on the internet.

Edit: 5000 people isn't that much people.

this is true... however 5000 people is still a decent amount... its not like they said they surveyed a hundred...

im just puttin the info out there for TS...

NicoBLV
08-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Okay, I'm not going to sit here like a ****kinng nerd and argue over what system is better. Plain in simple, IN MY OPINION, the Xbox 360 is a better system. And in my point of view people on live are better than people on PSN, just for the simple fact that I've heard so many little *****es complaining about how they suck on live EVEN when the own BOTH systems.

If I were you, I'D get a 360.

Sony is junk anyway, everything Sony I've bought, broke. Including numerous MP3 players and a Laptop.

USA4LIFE
08-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Okay, I'm not going to sit here like a ****kinng nerd and argue over what system is better. Plain in simple, IN MY OPINION, the Xbox 360 is a better system. And in my point of view people on live are better than people on PSN, just for the simple fact that I've heard so many little *****es complaining about how they suck on live EVEN when the own BOTH systems.

Proof or it didn't happen, you are a fool.

Mir-44
08-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Thank you so far. I am still in doubt which to buy. What I can read in thread this is how it is:

PS3 got better graphic - especially if you got HDTV
Xbox 360 is cheaper
PS3 is more reliable and does not break easy
Xbox got better games and more games

Is this correct?

Thanks.

Equilibrium
08-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Thank you so far. I am still in doubt which to buy. What I can read in thread this is how it is:

Xbox 360 is cheaper

Is this correct?

Thanks.

I think we could agree on all points but the graphics point. The 360 supports hdmi output as well. And as far as the quality of the actual graphics, games that are on both ps3 and 360 tend to look slightly better on the 360, but the ps3 exclusives(Game that were developped specifically for the ps3) are usually a step ahead of 360 games in terms of graphics.

Look at footage from killzone 2 and metal gear solid 4, it looks insanely good.

I will insist that if you buy a 360 you buy a newer model with the jasper chip which is supposed to be more reliable. I bought one 2 weeks ago, and they tried to sell me the older model, i *****ed until they brought me a system that was manifactured in 2009 and i bought it. If i couldn't have gotten a new 360 model, i was buying a ps3.

USA4LIFE
08-17-2009, 10:17 PM

Xbox 360 is cheaper

Is this correct?

Thanks.

It's all preference, some games people will love,other games people will hate. I for one loved Halo 3 (although a bit disappointed), some people hated it. It's all about what you like.

$partacus
08-17-2009, 10:36 PM
Graphics - PS3
Reliability - PS3
Future Exclusives - PS3
Online - 360 but you've go to pay
Wi-fi - Inbuilt on PS3, 360 got to pay
Hard drive - Every PS3 (+ you can upgrade to whatever size you want), Cheapest model of 360 dont have one
Blu-ray - PS3 yep, 360 nope
Internet Browser - PS3 yep, 360??? Have they added one yet?
Price - 360
Annoying yanks that won't shut the **** up - 360

I think its quite clear which is the better console. :la:

Infern0
08-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Ps3 Graphics are marginally better, although I dont see MGS4 as being better looking than say Bioshock or Gears of war 2.

Ps3 is a lot more reliable which is good.

Xbox360 has got better games and more exclusive dlc's like for gta4

360 has much better online experience.

Its really a toss up

Erik K
08-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Ps3 Graphics are marginally

Xbox360 has got better games and more exclusive dlc's like for gta4

360 has much better online experience.

If you are mostly buying a system for games then these two reason make the 360 the way to go. More/better games and online is 10 times better on 360.
PS3 does have the blueray but I would wait for the price to drop on that. PS3 not selling very well.

The red rings are a real drawback but still lean toward 360.

msagrain
08-18-2009, 04:50 PM

First of all, that statement is true seeing Xbox live has more players than PSN. Not to mention bunches of PS3 players complain about how they get raped on Xbox Live. Now, about the RROD, as far as that goes, it's pretty easy to avoid.. DON't leave your Xbox on for days, or abuse it in any way. Of course it's going to break.. Other than that, there is no other problems with the Xbox. You can't really go wrong with anything Microsoft, seeing they have a warranty anyway, but more so they're just one of the most trustworthy brands out there.

As for the Fanboy statement, I guess I am one, aren't I? I'd take the 360 over the PS3 any day. just for the fact it's more fun and has a better selection of FPS games, which are what I like.

Graphics? Don't really matter to me, as long as I can clearly see what the hell is on the screen, it's fine. Gameplay is what matters.

But it's not what we think anyway, he'll end up making his own decision in the end anyway...

What do you mean? How if they have a PS3

USA4LIFE
08-18-2009, 08:20 PM
What do you mean? How if they have a PS3

That's what I was saying, i have no idea where he got that info from.

ИATAS
08-18-2009, 08:57 PM
a new survey is out saying xbox 360 has a 54% fail rate. 54%.

That is absolutely insane. Any other company and they would go under as a result, but luckily for them they are the almighty Micro$oft and have the money.

It's an embarrassment really that they haven't fixed this issue, a disgrace, a true "fuuck you" to the consumers.

Equilibrium
08-19-2009, 01:02 AM
a new survey is out saying xbox 360 has a 54% fail rate. 54%.

That is absolutely insane. Any other company and they would go under as a result, but luckily for them they are the almighty Micro$oft and have the money.

It's an embarrassment really that they haven't fixed this issue, a disgrace, a true "fuuck you" to the consumers.

I agree with you that it ****ing sucks. But the issue has been resolved, maybe not completely but the new model with the jasper chip doesn't heat up as much as the older model with the falcon chip. I have seen it first hand, my friend has a lauch 360, and you play for an hour and the thing gets hot as hell. I bought mine 2 weeks ago and it has been manifactured in 2009, i can play for 2 hours straight and it barely emits any heat.

The reason a lot of people still get failures is that the older model are still being sold in shops, you know the elites with fancy colours that come bundled with games? Well, they are all older models that microsoft are trying to get rid of.

Personally i think microsoft should recall all the older models that are still in stock and switch them for the newer model that won't **** in people's face after a couple of months. But hey, it's microsoft, you don't get ultra rich by being upfront with your customers.

Edit: My bad, i thought there was only 2 generations of xbox 360 but there are three.

I suggest reading this article about the newer motherboard design compared to the others:

http://hushedcasket.com/node/3925

Infern0
08-19-2009, 02:05 AM
My 360 conked out, after almost 3 years of use, I sent it to microsoft (for free) and they sent me a brand new console and 1 month xbox live subscription!

BUSINESSMAN
08-20-2009, 12:09 AM
ps3 slim. 360 will fail on you. did on everyone i know. true story.

Erik K
08-20-2009, 01:44 PM
ps3 slim. 360 will fail on you. did on everyone i know. true story.

It will fail but like poster above you send it in and its fixed. Its sucks but if you want to play online only way to go.

Grand Champ
08-20-2009, 05:16 PM
My 360 conked out, after almost 3 years of use, I sent it to microsoft (for free) and they sent me a brand new console and 1 month xbox live subscription!

Damn, that's pretty good customer service.. But can anybody expect to get that kind of service?

TheCheetah
08-20-2009, 06:03 PM
I prefer the PS3 over any console out right now.

Equilibrium
08-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Damn, that's pretty good customer service.. But can anybody expect to get that kind of service?

Yes, every 360 has a 3 year warranty. If it ****s on you, you go to their website, enter the serial number of your console and your info. They mail you a box, you send them your 360 in said box, they send you another one. They pay for the mailing fees and everything.

But i'd still be angry if my 360 died on me. It's just the fact that the console should have been designed better in the first place.

Infern0
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
The fact is, if you want a 360 for the games etc then not buying one because it might break and it takes like a week to replace is dumb

-Hyperion-
08-20-2009, 10:19 PM
http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2009/08/12%20things%20didnt%20know%20about%20PS3%20Slim/PS3_ad_campaign--article_image.jpg

Erik K
08-20-2009, 11:24 PM
http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2009/08/12%20things%20didnt%20know%20about%20PS3%20Slim/PS3_ad_campaign--article_image.jpg

Free online but 360 online is 10 times better. You guys complain about paying $40 or $50 a year for Xbox live but if you break it down to days you played online its like a a penny a day If even that. PS3 online sucks.

-Hyperion-
08-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Free online but 360 online is 10 times better. You guys complain about paying $40 or $50 a year for Xbox live but if you break it down to days you played online its like a a penny a day If even that. PS3 online sucks.

yeah yeah....the moment ps3 has cross game voice chat(which will be soon, if an informant who detailed every inch of ps3 slim and the date of firmware 3.0 is to be trusted), xbox live gold becomes a total rip off.......

Undefeated
08-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Listen...

To the ****suckers who say that 360's online is better than PS3.

It is the SAME EXACT ****! No bandwidth advantages in games. Nothing! The Market place and home screen looks better, but THAT's IT! I come to play games.. Not stare at peoples little homo boxes and see and stalk what they are doing.

Ya people are stupid. PS3 is the ****. Enough said. Failure rate is low, and mind you.. I had a 360. 2 of them. I had my PS3 for almost 3 years bro. Nothing.. It still lives.

Steward
08-21-2009, 01:21 PM
To break it down, the way i see it, if you want a console as another electronic device... Get a ps3, they do stuff.
If you want a gamers console, get an xbox 360.
- I used to love playstations but ive bought a 360. It just feels a lot better to play, and the graphics on a ps3 are in no way better. In fact, games like fallout 3 couldn't be made as well because of its pixel shader?! Ive not a clue.
Playstation 3 people just feel the need to slander the xbox because for the most part they feel insecure that they spent loads on something that really isn't that amazing, considering they had two more years to develop it.

Undefeated
08-21-2009, 07:07 PM
To break it down, the way i see it, if you want a console as another electronic device... Get a ps3, they do stuff.
- I used to love playstations but ive bought a 360. It just feels a lot better to play, and the graphics on a ps3 are in no way better. In fact, games like fallout 3 couldn't be made as well because of its pixel shader?! Ive not a clue.
Playstation 3 people just feel the need to slander the xbox because for the most part they feel insecure that they spent loads on something that really isn't that amazing, considering they had two more years to develop it.

Because developers still haven't found an ideal way to use the technology yet. PS3 will stand out soon. THen everyone will understand the true power of the PS3.

You sound like a fanboy though.. Look at your last sentence. You are discrediting the developers of Sony, when they indeed make a great system. Look at Killzone 2. That game looks great. Its just more to come in the near future. Wait till God Of War 3 comes out.. Sony developers indeed will elaborate on the technology. Other thirdparty compaines are trying to dish out on cash making games over and over (Need for Speed, EA sports) they're just making games but put no effort into it really.

Ryn0
08-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Yes, every 360 has a 3 year warranty. If it ****s on you, you go to their website, enter the serial number of your console and your info. They mail you a box, you send them your 360 in said box, they send you another one. They pay for the mailing fees and everything.

But i'd still be angry if my 360 died on me. It's just the fact that the console should have been designed better in the first place.
Actually they no longer give you a box, you have to provide your own...

Erik K
08-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Listen...

To the ****suckers who say that 360's online is better than PS3.

It is the SAME EXACT ****! No bandwidth advantages in games. Nothing! The Market place and home screen looks better, but THAT's IT! I come to play games.. Not stare at peoples little homo boxes and see and stalk what they are doing.

Ya people are stupid. PS3 is the ****. Enough said. Failure rate is low, and mind you.. I had a 360. 2 of them. I had my PS3 for almost 3 years bro. Nothing.. It still lives.

Not sure why we are ****suckers because we have a different opinion than you but oh well that's the internet for yah.

What good is playin Socom or Call of duty if you cant communicate / stratagize with your team. What good is beating somebody at a sports game if you cant talk smack etc?

Obviously you enjoy flexing your internet muscles or throwing out insults from the safe comfort of your computer desk so a headset/voice chat would seem right up your alley.

Erik K
08-21-2009, 08:54 PM

Some good points.

I am not bashing or putting down the PS3. I am sure most that have it love it. But like you say for pure gaming and online 360 is the way to go.

Both are dropping in price or upgrading their lowest priced bundle for holidays I think.

-Hyperion-
08-21-2009, 10:14 PM
lol pure gaming......*****es this aint 07................ps3 had better games in 08, has better games in 09, and will have better games in 2010...........like i said, 360 has voice chat, which does make online better(yes, im not a fanboy, like you), the moment ps3 has that(which again should be soon, if a guy who gave all slim details and the firmware 3.0 release date is to be trusted), 360 has nothing over ps3......except the crappy arcade price, (that becomes pricier than the 360elite and the ps3 when you realise all the features they take off to make it cheap are needed)

Erik K
08-21-2009, 10:47 PM
lol pure gaming......*****es this aint 07................ps3 had better games in 08, has better games in 09, and will have better games in 2010...........like i said, 360 has voice chat, which does make online better(yes, im not a fanboy, like you), the moment ps3 has that(which again should be soon, if a guy who gave all slim details and the firmware 3.0 release date is to be trusted), 360 has nothing over ps3......except the crappy arcade price, (that becomes pricier than the 360elite and the ps3 when you realise all the features they take off to make it cheap are needed)

I'm not a fanboy , and have complaints about Microsoft/Xbox.

Just like you and most on here I am happy with my console. I don't see any reason to go out an get a PS3. You probably don't see any reason to go get an 360 but that doesn't make you a "fanboy".

I do feel bad for those of you that paid $600 for your Ps3's though.

Not ripping on Sony but why has it taken over 5 years to get voice chat? I never understood them not having it. I mean on the original Xbox voice chat was available from day one.

-Hyperion-
08-21-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm not a fanboy , and have complaints about Microsoft/Xbox.

Just like you and most on here I am happy with my console. I don't see any reason to go out an get a PS3. You probably don't see any reason to go get an 360 but that doesn't make you a "fanboy".

I do feel bad for those of you that paid $600 for your Ps3's though.

Not ripping on Sony but why has it taken over 5 years to get voice chat? I never understood them not having it. I mean on the original Xbox voice chat was available from day one.

sorry i wasnt calling you specifically a fanboy, lol........just saying i hate it when people say ps3 has no games.....

ps3 has ram issues so thats one major issue...and theyre not as rich as microsoft and they didnt have much online experience...thats why they had alot of problems optimising ****....

yeah im not saying 360 is bad or anything....ps3 has always been better imo, because i care for bluray.......but nothing against 360....
like i said, just hate it when people spill **** about ps3 having no games....

as it is right now voice chat makes 360 better online no denying that...i dont care much for online so whatever for me....

that **** about feeling bad about people who payed 600 is lame, though......for some of us having blu ray-ps2, ps3, and all the other features fast was worth it.....dont go "feeling bad" for me....makes me think youre a bit of a fanboy.....

Erik K
08-22-2009, 01:03 AM
sorry i wasnt calling you specifically a fanboy, lol........just saying i hate it when people say ps3 has no games.....

ps3 has ram issues so thats one major issue...and theyre not as rich as microsoft and they didnt have much online experience...thats why they had alot of problems optimising ****....

yeah im not saying 360 is bad or anything....ps3 has always been better imo, because i care for bluray.......but nothing against 360....
like i said, just hate it when people spill **** about ps3 having no games....

as it is right now voice chat makes 360 better online no denying that...i dont care much for online so whatever for me....

that **** about feeling bad about people who payed 600 is lame, though......for some of us having blu ray-ps2, ps3, and all the other features fast was worth it.....dont go "feeling bad" for me....makes me think youre a bit of a fanboy.....

It's all good lol.

I had planned on buying a PS3 mostly for Bluray but with price of Bluray players going down I may just buy a cheaper player some day.

Infern0
08-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Xbox live is awesome!

you get americans calling you a **** all the time lmao