No announcement yet.

Gaining Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaining Weight

I have been trying to gain weight for about 2 years. I just started drinking shakes with breakfeast and dinner so its like im eating two meals at a time. Do you have any help on how to gain weight? If you do please tell me.

Muscle weighs more than fat, so lift hard and heavy. Start out light to warm up then start packing the weight on there. Do 6 sets, when you think you can't get one more rep, take a few deep breathes and force two more out. Do bench and tri one day, then curls and squats the next for 5 days, then take 2 off. Make sure after you work out you eat alot of protein immediatley. You should be able to put on at least 3 pounds of muscle a month, thats 18 in 6, and 36 in a year. This routine really helped me, my arms went from 12.5" to 16 in about 6 months.

Comment

eat eat eat

Comment

Use weights bodybuilding style you'll get a nice body and gain weight. how much do you weigh now with wich height and how much weight do you wanna gain?

Comment

Originally posted by marvelous_TG
          Use weights bodybuilding style you'll get a nice body and gain weight. how much do you weigh now with wich height and how much weight do you wanna gain?
          I weigh 110 pounds and im about 5"7. I wanna gain weight for football because ill be playing Junior Varsity. I can only bench about 55 which is because of my weight. It is like lifting half my body weight which is pretty good i think.

Comment

I wanna gain about 25 or 30 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd_15
              I weigh 110 pounds and im about 5"7. I wanna gain weight for football because ill be playing Junior Varsity. I can only bench about 55 which is because of my weight. It is like lifting half my body weight which is pretty good i think.
              Oh man, you should be able to bench press your own body weight at least 20 times to be in just above average shape. I weight 160 and can get 305, and thats not even great. You need to lift like i described above and eat as much protein as you can. Squats and bench press will be the major strength builders. You need to do squats hardcore because your legs are your biggest muscles in the body, that will make your whole body grow by increasing you metabolic rate. For your bench press, i think you need to really force out those last few reps, don't stop once you feel the burn, do them till you can't. I don't know about your school, but if a kid were benching 55 on my JV team when i was in school he would have gotten killed. On my freshman team we all had to do 185 just to make the team.
              Last edited by buff_mike10; 02-27-2005, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Mike that is a serious exaggeration. If you can bench your own bodyweight x 20 you are more than a little above average. If you weigh 160 and bench 305 you are close to benching double your bodyweight which is exceptional, and it is obvious that you have a natural talent for bench pressing. Lennox Lewis does not bench anywhere near double bodyweight (rumors have him benching only 45 pounds more than you and since they are rumors started by people in his camp it may even be a little less), but is one of the strongest heavyweights in recent history.

Then again, that just proves how meaningless the benchpress is in boxng.

Comment

Really, i had no idea about that, that comes as a shock to me. I fugured Lewis would be bench pressing well over 400. I guess its true when they say bench press doesn't prove too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Byrd_15
                    Man that aint too good. i'm only 15 5'6 and weight bout 115 pounds and i can still bench press around 75-85 kg's. we do stuff in kg's over here.

Comment

Working...
                    X