View Full Version : Nicky Piper

Benncollinsaad
08-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Just watching his fight with Nigel Benn. Good fight it was. He seems like a solid fighter. No spectacular wins on his record, but all his losses were to very good fighters. Carl Thompson, Benn, Michalczewski...

Gojira
08-14-2009, 06:41 PM
when i first saw him on sky sports, i couldnt beleive he was a boxer. he looks like a stereotypical arm chair critic.

GJC
08-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Just watching his fight with Nigel Benn. Good fight it was. He seems like a solid fighter. No spectacular wins on his record, but all his losses were to very good fighters. Carl Thompson, Benn, Michalczewski...
Solid enough fighter bit below top class in reality but unlucky to be about in a very strong era in Britain. Member of mensa as I recall.

BattlingNelson
08-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Solid enough fighter bit below top class in reality but unlucky to be about in a very strong era in Britain. Member of mensa as I recall.
Piper was a good solid domestic fighter. And yes. A member of MENSA. I wonder if he still is. I remember him taking too much punishment for my liking, in the later part of his career.

Savino
08-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I remember his last fight when he got destroyed but apart from that not seen any other fights.

CiganoBoxer
08-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Allways remember when Benn stopped him...Nicky had the big hair doo lol and everytime Benn hit him his hair doo shook lol
IMO I allways thought Henry Wharton was the best domestic fighter in the UK :boxing:

Benncollinsaad
08-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Piper was too tall for his division. I think that was one of his major problems. If you are a really talented fighter like Hearns and can use it to your advantage, then it's a blessing. But Piper obviously couldn't, not always.

CiganoBoxer
08-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Piper was too tall for his division. I think that was one of his major problems. If you are a really talented fighter like Hearns and can use it to your advantage, then it's a blessing. But Piper obviously couldn't, not always.Who turned you red mate??:rofl:

Benncollinsaad
08-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Who turned you red mate??:rofl:

Bugger off...mate!

lemps
08-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I remember Benn catching Piper with a vicious upper cut that caught Piper right on the end of the nose. It remember thinking ouch when I saw it.