View Full Version : Super six UK coverage.

Slippy D
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Any news yet?

The Gully Gad
08-06-2009, 09:50 AM
They wants to be showing it thats all i know....

Slippy D
08-06-2009, 09:57 AM
They wants to be showing it thats all i know....

I`m so fed up with SS. I pay nearly 20 a month for it and they cater with the most obscure sports yet refuse to show the trans Atlantic fights.

I am all for the local cards they show but what happened to their big time boxing series of shows i remember the Barrera/Morales trilogy being on that.

Gorgeous George
08-06-2009, 10:22 AM
im sorry guys but not everyone enjoys boxing like we do.. the average person in the uk wouldnt know who the **** pavlik,paul williams or even cotto is.. the demand just isnt there..

True Guru
08-06-2009, 10:50 AM
sky should show it,uf not then **** them cunts

Savino
08-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Hopefully someone will pick it up. sky or ESPN are probaly best bet but both probaaly won't pick it up.

JmtRyan
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I dream of the day when BBC stops producing **** like Eastenders, and signs up some serious boxing!!

thepower
08-06-2009, 03:15 PM
EPSN are adding things to their package. Hopefully big time boxing will be the next thing they snap up.

Sick/
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
im sorry guys but not everyone enjoys boxing like we do.. the average person in the uk wouldnt know who the **** pavlik,paul williams or even cotto is.. the demand just isnt there..

Non of them are in the super 6 anyway.

Gorgeous George
08-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Non of them are in the super 6 anyway.
i know that but what i was trying to say is outside hatton and calzaghe most of the british public dont know who kessler,abraham,froch,dirrell,ward and taylor are!? only boxing fans do...

D-MiZe
08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I couldn't name 6 tennis players, but that **** is still on TV.

RenegadeT
08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I couldn't name 6 tennis players, but that **** is still on TV.

a tennis fan might say that boxing is **** and couldn't name 6 boxers, makes no difference man .

Im guessing that sky will ppv or show on their sky package all the 'super 6' stuff .

Im happy with what ESPN is offering in the uk , loads of football and ufc ,then espn friday night boxing on the Saturday night .

just because we want to watch boxing doesn't necessarily mean that there is a battle for rights , sky will simply outbid and get the rights i guess

ESPN is building a great amount of sports for uk people to watch

nobody can blame them for not outbidding sky for every promoters fights .

DavidHaye
08-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Totally wrong, boxing draws in big numbers compared to other sports when on normal tv. Someone like channel 5 could do well picking up boxing.

don't understand why no one wants it, snooker, darts, tennis..........****

Shanks
08-08-2009, 06:27 AM
im going mad without my fix for boxing

Sparked_1985
08-08-2009, 07:12 AM
im going mad without my fix for boxing

The Beeb should pick it up.

I'm sorry but if you think about it picking up a ****ty Europa Cup Match between Man City and Aalborg, probably costs as much to screen as a top domestic clash to screen or a world title mega-fight that hasn't been picked up.

Long-Live Setanta, it was a shame they picked up Scottish Football, German and French Football, and the England International. Didn't need them. They took some great risks though they deserved to be rewarded.