08-02-2009, 09:07 AM
It's surely over big time for us fans.

ITV: Will have no bxoing in future
BBC: Have no plans for boxing and have not shown any in years
Setanta: Only real channel that backed boxing is gone
Eurosport: Only show crap from France & other countries
Sky: Seem only interested in PPV fights now
ESPN: Have signed no boxing up

We have nothing, disappointed ESPN have announced no boxing and instead gone for UFC which i hate. I for one will not be getting ESPN. I look forward to when this channel collapses.

If i had the money, i would buy out Channel 5 and turn it into our version of HBO. Bxoing does draw in big numbers, especially if on normal TV.

We need a boxing only channel, without it we will see no major fights unless paying 15 a pop to Sky.

On another side note, what is happening with Steve Bunce?

Is he gone for good? Shame as enjoyed the coevrage on Setanta.

One last hope for us is rumours of Setanta coming back, if so they might pick the boxing back up since they lost football.

gingeralbino
08-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I think HBO should launch a UK TV station and show all their US fights that they have over here and get some domestic cards. I dont know the legalities of all this but as they have the rights to the US fights already, they could use our money to pay for the domestic cards.

Whats the story with ESPN, do u have to pay extra for it on sky or is it included. I already have sky sports, and dont mind UFC so if i can get it for what im already paying i wont mind.

DavidHaye
08-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Ginger 9 a month ESPN is. Can order it via the red button on your SKY box. It's a monthly contract so can cancel anytime.

gingeralbino
08-02-2009, 09:30 AM
9 quid nah feck that. I'll watch the UFC at my mates place then.

D-MiZe
08-02-2009, 10:15 AM
And the Yanks think they have it bad....

naz786
08-02-2009, 11:00 AM
And the Yanks think they have it bad....

Its a bleak situation and frustrating times to be honest. Some top fights coming up and no channel to show them. I'd rather Sky Sports returned to the good old days. I always used to enjoy their coverage with Paul Dempsey and Barry McGuigan but it's all died out now. Maybe Frank Warren can launch a new TV channel or something, although it will be limited to showing his fighters and he doesn't need one really because he can sell rubbish fights to Sky for PPV coverage.

It is not looking good.

alza1988
08-02-2009, 11:17 AM
There's next to nothing on man , bad.All we'll end up with is the domestic fights.The next fight that's on sky is the Simpson Truscott fight and that's not till the 4th September.Then on the 11th it's Gary Davis Ian Napa and Tyson Fury John McDermott.That look's pretty much it till November.We need more world champions from this side of the world

AndyShitHot
08-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I think HBO should launch a UK TV station and show all their US fights that they have over here and get some domestic cards. I dont know the legalities of all this but as they have the rights to the US fights already, they could use our money to pay for the domestic cards.

Whats the story with ESPN, do u have to pay extra for it on sky or is it included. I already have sky sports, and dont mind UFC so if i can get it for what im already paying i wont mind.

HBO do have a cable channel in South America but they don't show any of their sport. So hopefully if we got HBO we would get the sport too. Can't see it happening though, they'll just continue to sell their TV shows to the likes of ITV2 and FX.

I always had a feeling ESPN wouldn't show any boxing, I thought they might show Friday Night Fights live or a day or 2 later but I knew they wouldn't invest much else. Which is a mistake in my opinion, Boxing (and UFC I guess) is the reason why Setanta lasted as long as they did. They spent stupid amounts of money on Football when Football fans just resented them for taking football away from Sky Sports (which they were already paying for) whereas us Boxing fans loved Setanta for bringing us fights that otherwise probably wouldn't have made UK Television.

Now it's the worse time for boxing we've ever seen and at the moment I can't see who's gonna pick up from where Setanta left off. I'd like to see ITV start their own ITV Sport subscription channel because at the moment they feel that boxing is too expensive and thats why they're dropping it but if they started a sports channel for like 9.99 a month they could show us more UK boxing, stuff like the Super Six Tournament and some US fights such as stuff like Bradley-Campbell/Witter-Alexander from last night.

ITV also have good ties with Hennessey Sports and Frank Warren who i'm sure would do all they could to help make it happen cos they'd want to get more of their shows onto TV. I would love to see something like that come along, especially as I prefer ITV's boxing coverage to Sky's.

JmtRyan
08-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Has the middleweight tourny, not on any british channels?

gingeralbino
08-02-2009, 12:44 PM
HBO do have a cable channel in South America but they don't show any of their sport. So hopefully if we got HBO we would get the sport too. Can't see it happening though, they'll just continue to sell their TV shows to the likes of ITV2 and FX.

I always had a feeling ESPN wouldn't show any boxing, I thought they might show Friday Night Fights live or a day or 2 later but I knew they wouldn't invest much else. Which is a mistake in my opinion, Boxing (and UFC I guess) is the reason why Setanta lasted as long as they did. They spent stupid amounts of money on Football when Football fans just resented them for taking football away from Sky Sports (which they were already paying for) whereas us Boxing fans loved Setanta for bringing us fights that otherwise probably wouldn't have made UK Television.

Now it's the worse time for boxing we've ever seen and at the moment I can't see who's gonna pick up from where Setanta left off. I'd like to see ITV start their own ITV Sport subscription channel because at the moment they feel that boxing is too expensive and thats why they're dropping it but if they started a sports channel for like 9.99 a month they could show us more UK boxing, stuff like the Super Six Tournament and some US fights such as stuff like Bradley-Campbell/Witter-Alexander from last night.

ITV also have good ties with Hennessey Sports and Frank Warren who i'm sure would do all they could to help make it happen cos they'd want to get more of their shows onto TV. I would love to see something like that come along, especially as I prefer ITV's boxing coverage to Sky's.
if u havent already read about this u will be pleased. Rumours going around itv are gonna have a subscription channel

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291823&highlight=subscription

Savino
08-02-2009, 01:21 PM
ESPN are a new channel so give it time before it picks up Boxing.

I honestly believe that ESPN will start showing Boxing and already asking for feedback to what shows people want on there. So if we all go on the site and say we want Boxing like people are on ESB then it will be showing Boxing in no time.

It seems to be alot harder to negotiate Boxing deals than it does with the UFC. Setanta started having problems getting fights this year before the was talk of them going out of business. It seems like people in Boxing price out television were the UFC will put out an event in the UK for free just to get the sport to grow.

Lucky Charms
08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Khan needs to go back to ITV, Haye needs to be on ITV or Sky (Not Box Office), and the Super Six needs to be shown in it's entirety on Sky without PPV.

The RealDeal
08-02-2009, 02:41 PM
Sky shag football all day long and only mention Boxing every now and again.

ESPN should have left Sky to it with the Football and took on all of Setanta's Boxing and UFC including their weekly magazine shows and could have added their own already owned Boxing they show over in the US as well as cramming in the US Sports they already showed here with their crappy ESPN America channel.

No need for Football, everyone wants it but not everyone wants Boxing, thats where the niche in the UK sports market is, Football is some money but not a niche as everyone wants it including BBC and ITV.

Your not doing anything different or knew ESPN !!

Pretty Boy1
08-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Are they gonna create a new ESPN channel? Just now I've only got ESPN America listed. Are they gonna show football and UFC on that but charge for it or is it gonna be on a new ESPN?

The RealDeal
08-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Are they gonna create a new ESPN channel? Just now I've only got ESPN America listed. Are they gonna show football and UFC on that but charge for it or is it gonna be on a new ESPN?

Tomorrow 3rd of August 2009 EPSN America will change its name, we will Get ESPN Classics and there will be a third channel which will be the first on on HD.

While ESPN will continue to broadcast to customers on the Virgin Media platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 533 to Channel 531.

Virgin Media subscribers will be able to get ESPN America as follows:
XL Virgin TV Pack Subscriber: Get ESPN America + ESPN, ESPNHD & ESPN
Classic included as part of your monthly subscription.

http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/sy...t/howtoget::uk

Pretty Boy1
08-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Tomorrow 3rd of August 2009 EPSN America will change its name, we will Get ESPN Classics and there will be a third channel which will be the first on on HD.

While ESPN will continue to broadcast to customers on the Virgin Media platform, ESPN America will be changing channel numbers. From 3rd August, ESPN America will move from Channel 533 to Channel 531.

Virgin Media subscribers will be able to get ESPN America as follows:
XL Virgin TV Pack Subscriber: Get ESPN America + ESPN, ESPNHD & ESPN
Classic included as part of your monthly subscription.

http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/sy...t/howtoget::uk

Cheers for the info mate!

Southpaw Stinger
08-02-2009, 03:27 PM
It's a piss take that's for sure. I'll be forced to watch streams or download the fights the next day.

Savino
08-02-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm sure I read that ESPN's first month is gonna be free. Hope so cos can't be arsed paying for it without testing it first.

Pretty Boy1
08-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah UFC.Com said that ESPN will be giving UK August for free, which includes 2 UFC events. So you'll get to sample it first!

Lucky Charms
08-02-2009, 04:06 PM
If there's ESPN Classic, you'll get classic fights galore. Boxing is on that about 40% of the time.

Harry2010
08-02-2009, 04:12 PM
If there's ESPN Classic, you'll get classic fights galore. Boxing is on that about 40% of the time.

This has made my day :)

The RealDeal
08-02-2009, 04:15 PM

Thats if they are going to give us a direct carbon copy of their current ESPN Classic in the US.

They might tailer make a UK one with ****e clips of old Football matches.

:thinkerg:

Pretty Boy1
08-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Thats if they are going to give us a direct carbon copy of their current ESPN Classic in the US.

They might tailer make a UK one with ****e clips of old Football matches.

:thinkerg:

That's very true! Everytime I've watched ESPN Classic it always shows old Man United or Arsenal games!! Booooo!

Savino
08-02-2009, 04:22 PM

Yeah seen all the old fights off ESPN classic.

Savino
08-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah UFC.Com said that ESPN will be giving UK August for free, which includes 2 UFC events. So you'll get to sample it first!

Yeah thought it did. Hopefully is free for first month though. I wouldn't mind watching the UFC live next Saturday over at my Mums. She ain't got sky and is away on Holiday so don't wanna have to order it without her permission.

DavidHaye
08-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Well the future for now looks bleak for us, so we are going to need streams.

Im setting up a free website & forum dedicated for boxing streams. no site is dedicated for boxing streams. so we need one, be nothing flashy, but if we can all work together, then like last night, we will be able to watch all the boxing online.

By wednesday the site & forum should be up, i could do with a couple of mods to update the fight stream links when im not online all time.

i will explain more on this site when my site and forum set up.

CiganoBoxer
08-02-2009, 04:32 PM
so what have gotta do to this espn sports cannel on sky?

Savino
08-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Well the future for now looks bleak for us, so we are going to need streams.

Im setting up a free website & forum dedicated for boxing streams. no site is dedicated for boxing streams. so we need one, be nothing flashy, but if we can all work together, then like last night, we will be able to watch all the boxing online.

By wednesday the site & forum should be up, i could do with a couple of mods to update the fight stream links when im not online all time.

i will explain more on this site when my site and forum set up.

It's probaly best if you send few PM's to people. I would of helped you out but goin away for 4months.

CiganoBoxer
08-02-2009, 04:34 PM
It's probaly best if you send few PM's to people. I would of helped you out but goin away for 4months.JAIL ?:bigeyes:

The RealDeal
08-02-2009, 04:34 PM
ESPN are a new channel so give it time before it picks up Boxing.

I honestly believe that ESPN will start showing Boxing and already asking for feedback to what shows people want on there. So if we all go on the site and say we want Boxing like people are on ESB then it will be showing Boxing in no time.

It seems to be alot harder to negotiate Boxing deals than it does with the UFC. Setanta started having problems getting fights this year before the was talk of them going out of business. It seems like people in Boxing price out television were the UFC will put out an event in the UK for free just to get the sport to grow.

I just filled out the boxes and choose Boxing as my favourite sport.

Heres the link for everyone so they can give it a bash and let them know what we want.

http://www.espn.co.uk/more/keep-up-to-date/

Savino
08-02-2009, 04:39 PM
JAIL ?:bigeyes:

No, work stuff.

CiganoBoxer
08-02-2009, 04:39 PM
No, work stuff.oh ok mate :rofl:

Savino
08-02-2009, 04:40 PM

Heres the link for everyone so they can give it a bash and let them know what we want.

yeah thats the one mate. we have been sending PM's to the leader of channel 5 abut getting boxing on air but had no replies. I have been sending 3 aday for last 2weeks.

CiganoBoxer
08-02-2009, 04:40 PM
so what have gotta do to this new espn sports cannel on sky?

DavidHaye
08-02-2009, 04:41 PM
I will do the suyrvey, all though doubt they will pick up boxing.

I will PM a few once i know for sure with the site and forum. Because i get passed on streams because they private and not suppose to be given out. So i will have to see how the people react.

I might scrap the website, as can't limit what people see on free site, but on the forum can limit what people have access too.

So if i do the forum, we can keep it amongst a small community.

I will let you guys know when all set up, and see what reaction is.

DavidHaye
08-02-2009, 04:42 PM
so what have gotta do to this new espn sports cannel on sky?

Can order it by red button mate.

Savino
08-02-2009, 04:43 PM

I will PM a few once i know for sure with the site and forum. Because i get passed on streams because they private and not suppose to be given out. So i will have to see how the people react.

I might scrap the website, as can't limit what people see on free site, but on the forum can limit what people have access too.

cheers mate, give us a PM when you have set up sir.

alza1988
08-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm starting to miss Bunce's boxing hour.Would be good if setanta came back.Maybe one day

Pretty Boy1
08-02-2009, 04:53 PM

Just done it too picking Boxing!!:boxing:

The RealDeal
08-02-2009, 04:54 PM
yeah thats the one mate. we have been sending PM's to the leader of channel 5 abut getting boxing on air but had no replies. I have been sending 3 aday for last 2weeks.

I posted the email I got from Channel Five on here already mate, they just aint interested so you might as well forget them ****ers.

Check here the email they sent me :

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284511&page=6

Savino
08-02-2009, 05:09 PM
I posted the email I got from Channel Five on here already mate, they just aint interested so you might as well forget them ****ers.

Check here the email they sent me :

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284511&page=6

What a prick I didn't even get a reply. I guess he ain't a fan and doesn't do research with ITV getting over 5million for some fights. probaly more that what neighbours and home and away got in a month.

gingeralbino
08-02-2009, 05:10 PM

if u do go through with it let me know what the story is man

cheers

gingeralbino
08-02-2009, 05:12 PM
What a prick I didn't even get a reply. I guess he ain't a fan and doesn't do research with ITV getting over 5million for some fights. probaly more that what neighbours and home and away got in a month.
fecking housewives probably have it on all day (even though i dont know a single one who does)
You'd think Jeremy Kyle would keep them happy ffs.

Savino
08-02-2009, 05:32 PM
fecking housewives probably have it on all day (even though i dont know a single one who does)
You'd think Jeremy Kyle would keep them happy ffs.

suppose those ****ty quiz's and baseball they have on are more entertaining than Boxing. no wonder it is a **** channel.

The RealDeal
08-02-2009, 05:44 PM

It wasn't exactly a quick response though mate.

Your probably right about the viewing figures but the guy is just stupid and doesn't have a clue about Television hence the reason he works for Channel Five.

I hated spouting the lies I did about thinking they were great so I had to get that dig in about his channel 'Five Life' being Housewife tv :nana:

I thought I carried it off well.

Savino
08-02-2009, 05:49 PM
It wasn't exactly a quick response though mate.

Your probably right about the viewing figures but the guy is just stupid and doesn't have a clue about Television hence the reason he works for Channel Five.

I hated spouting the lies I did about thinking they were great so I had to get that dig in about his channel 'Five Life' being Housewife tv :nana:

I thought I carried it off well.

you sure did mate. he is a dimwit. I liked the segal and van damme one too.

Pretty Boy1
08-02-2009, 05:56 PM

I got a reply from that Robert Charles knobhead well after I emailed him! Saying Boxing ain't popular enough to be featured on 5! C*nt bag!!

The RealDeal
08-02-2009, 05:59 PM
you sure did mate. he is a dimwit. I liked the segal and van damme one too.

Haha I forgot about that man, I had a few when I did it :lol1:

Savino
08-02-2009, 06:03 PM
I got a reply from that Robert Charles knobhead well after I emailed him! Saying Boxing ain't popular enough to be featured on 5! C*nt bag!!

should of replied Boxing is a last resort for his **** channel. Boxing deserves better than Channel pissing 5. they can go watch animal rescue and same old **** on Neighbours.

The RealDeal
08-03-2009, 09:34 AM
My cable box now has ESPN and ESPN Classic while ESPN America is still broadcasting as normal.

ESPN has a message saying it will begin broadcasting tonight at 8pm and ESPN Classic says it will be coming soon.

Savino
08-03-2009, 09:56 AM
ESPN and ESPN america ain't working on Sky for me but Classics was working fine before.

The RealDeal
08-03-2009, 01:04 PM
ESPN and ESPN america ain't working on Sky for me but Classics was working fine before.

ESPN Classic began broadcasting sometime in the mid afternoon then went off to a black screen for a short while then came back on.

I lost it on my box though as I am not running an official Virgin Cable box but I'm told from other folk that its broadcasting fine on Virgin.

beecherhq
08-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Just looked through the ESPN schedule on Skyguide and they're showing the junior witter fight tommorrow at 10.30 am and again in the evening.

Hopefully a good sign that they plan of showing more boxing.

Savino
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Just looked through the ESPN schedule on Skyguide and they're showing the junior witter fight tommorrow at 10.30 am and again in the evening.

Yeah it's a good sign. I think they will pick up some big Boxing events but can't see them having a Boxing hour like Setanta did.

beecherhq
08-03-2009, 01:52 PM
They've also got a friday night fights scheduled for saturday afternoon.

CiganoBoxer
08-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Is this the same channel they will be showing the UFC on ?

The RealDeal
08-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Is this all on the main channel ESPN ?

Or ESPN America or ESPN Classic ?

D-MiZe
08-03-2009, 02:41 PM

Why can't they have it on as the same time as Americans and then a repeat in the afternoon?

beecherhq
08-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Is this the same channel they will be showing the UFC on ?
Yeah the channels just called ESPN

Is this all on the main channel ESPN ?

Or ESPN America or ESPN Classic ?

Yeah on the main ESPN channel its scheduled on.

The RealDeal
08-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah the channels just called ESPN

Yeah on the main ESPN channel its scheduled on.

Cool thanks, what schedule did you use ?

gingeralbino
08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
on sky its telling me i have to upgrade
wtf? thought it was free for a month.
I've got sky sports

The RealDeal
08-03-2009, 03:37 PM
on sky its telling me i have to upgrade
wtf? thought it was free for a month.
I've got sky sports

I think you better phone your Sky cunts because it is meant to be free for the whole of August.

The RealDeal
08-03-2009, 03:41 PM
I just checked and its only suppose to be Virgin Cable thats giving it free.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jul/29/espn-premier-league-football

You should still complain to Sky, they will probably give you a free month if you do.

Savino
08-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I just checked and its only suppose to be Virgin Cable thats giving it free.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/jul/29/espn-premier-league-football

You should still complain to Sky, they will probably give you a free month if you do.

Yeah Sky are good for stuff like that. If you tell them you wanna leave them they will give you special deals.

NigelBenn
08-03-2009, 05:19 PM
we certainly could do with a boxing channel in the UK, apart from Friday Fight Night and PPV events we have nothing.

Lucky Charms
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
I think it's up to Arum and Golden Boy to get boxing on ESPN, not ESPN themselves. Where boxing is right now they are going to have to sell the sport as a great interest to ESPN, and likely take little money for it.

RenegadeT
08-03-2009, 05:48 PM
I read today that ESPN friday night boxing will be available the next day ,saturday ,either on espn uk or america

D-MiZe
08-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Do ESPN have the UK listings anywhere online?

Lucky Charms
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Did ESPN show Witter vs Alexander on delay?

True Guru
08-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Did ESPN show Witter vs Alexander on delay?

yes at 11am and 8.30pm

-----------
08-04-2009, 11:18 AM
On ESPN UK tonight at 11:30pm is a program about Tyson.

Just to let y'all know

D-MiZe
08-04-2009, 11:22 AM

Just to let y'all know

Thanks for letting me know.

:fing02:

RenegadeT
08-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Do ESPN have the UK listings anywhere online?

http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/ESPN/4+August+2009/

witter fight rerun tonight at 9:30 pm

D-MiZe
08-04-2009, 04:34 PM
http://uk-tv-guide.com/list/ESPN/4+August+2009/

witter fight rerun tonight at 9:30 pm

Cheers mate.

D-MiZe
08-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Just to let y'all know

Says Bundesliga on TV listings?

RenegadeT
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM

the witter fight is on right now man

-----------
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM

Damn it, they must have changed the listings.

Bloody Virgin Media said it was on, and they didn't have the Witter fight as listed.

AndyShitHot
08-06-2009, 06:35 AM
So as a sky customer but non sky sports customer is it worth giving sky a call to ask for the first free month of ESPN? Also is ESPN available on Sky without having Sky Sports?

Cos I would like to see some Premiership football along with Serie A but they ain't seeing no money from me untill they show more of a commitment to Boxing.

beecherhq
08-06-2009, 07:09 AM
By the looks of it ESPN are showing their Friday night fights delayed to Saturday.

http://fightnights.com/espn_friday_night_fights.php

Thats the friday night fights line up for the next few weeks. Not too bad a line up, glad we should get to see the clinton woods fight.

-----------
08-06-2009, 07:38 AM
By the looks of it ESPN are showing their Friday night fights delayed to Saturday.

You sure?

I thought channel 5 had the contract to show them on early (3am) tuesday morning.

Slippy D
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I thought ESPN was free for the first month?

Savino
08-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I thought ESPN was free for the first month?

The UFC is meant to be free for Saturday. apprently ESPN are gonna un-scramble the channel for the night.

I just orderd ESPN so hopefully they start picking up Boxing. Noticed they had the Witter fight on the other day though.

D-MiZe
08-06-2009, 11:18 AM
ESPN is free for us Virgin subscribers.

Only channel that isn't free is ESPN HD.

shade darkar
08-06-2009, 11:33 AM
It's surely over big time for us fans.

ITV: Will have no bxoing in future
BBC: Have no plans for boxing and have not shown any in years
Setanta: Only real channel that backed boxing is gone
Eurosport: Only show crap from France & other countries
Sky: Seem only interested in PPV fights now
ESPN: Have signed no boxing up

We have nothing, disappointed ESPN have announced no boxing and instead gone for UFC which i hate. I for one will not be getting ESPN. I look forward to when this channel collapses.

If i had the money, i would buy out Channel 5 and turn it into our version of HBO. Bxoing does draw in big numbers, especially if on normal TV.

We need a boxing only channel, without it we will see no major fights unless paying 15 a pop to Sky.

On another side note, what is happening with Steve Bunce?

Is he gone for good? Shame as enjoyed the coevrage on Setanta.

One last hope for us is rumours of Setanta coming back, if so they might pick the boxing back up since they lost football.

its just not good enough is it. you would think that HBO should know that there is a massive market in the UK for boxing. Altho having said that, if ESPN have declined the opportunity then maybe we are stuck with ****ty streams. you would also think that the boxers and their management teams would rather their fights being broadcast to as many people possible.

shade darkar
08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
The UFC is meant to be free for Saturday. apprently ESPN are gonna un-scramble the channel for the night.

I just orderd ESPN so hopefully they start picking up Boxing. Noticed they had the Witter fight on the other day though.

the witter fight on live or just a re-run?

Special K
08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Has Bunce punted himself to ESPN yet? They've got all these glossy haired twats talking about yank football and baseball. Not my cuppa. Needs a British flavour, Bunce get in!

Lucky Charms
08-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I read Witter vs Alexander had the most viewers of anything on ESPN that day. hopefully this means boxing finds a home on the network.

Phenomkidd
08-10-2009, 05:07 AM
Doesn't ITV still broadcast boxing? I thought they broadcasted "Tyson Fury vs Aleksandrs Selezens" on 7-18-09?

AndyShitHot
08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Doesn't ITV still broadcast boxing? I thought they broadcasted "Tyson Fury vs Aleksandrs Selezens" on 7-18-09?

Yeah they do but they're giving up at the end of the year and I think Tyson Fury's next fight is on Sky isn't it, his first fight that won't be on ITV :(

mickey malone
08-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Anything that was even remotely good in the UK, totally collapsed under Blair & New Labour.. It's full of limp wristed, politically correct homos who totally deplore a roughian sport like boxing.. It's a false society that's obsessed with reality TV, & weight watchers.. I refuse to live there any more, but I'd imagine Grandstand is now Bandstand & World of Sport has a poof presenter.. That's the way it is over there...

D-MiZe
08-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I heard they're bringing boxing back again in schools.

The_Golden_Boi
08-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Its something like 9 per month for people who already have sky sports and 18 for both ESPN and sky sports

Leakbeak
08-14-2009, 12:04 PM
I think Sky will show more big fights that would have been on ****anta Sports but they won't show them smaller guys like Donaire or Dacharniyan. A bit of a shame since they are good fighters that throw alot of punches but fat limey's don't like flyweights

Necrophobic
08-15-2009, 06:46 PM
I heard they're bringing boxing back again in schools.

That would be brilliant but i doubt it. what if someone gets hurt and their parents decide to sue?

D-MiZe
08-15-2009, 06:52 PM
That would be brilliant but i doubt it. what if someone gets hurt and their parents decide to sue?

Doubt it?

It's happening!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1205080/Boxing-timetable-state-schools.html

Necrophobic
08-15-2009, 07:09 PM
hostile aggresion penalised? thats a load of wank! i thought there was maybe a chance i could knock **** into my pe teacher without getting excluded. still if people, like me, have already been boxing then it would look stupid if a 13 year old is showing up a qualified sports teacher.

steeluv
08-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Some one needs to pay Steve Bunce loadsa money to do a weekly boxing show and to architect a schedule of fights to be shown.

Savino
08-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Some one needs to pay Steve Bunce loadsa money to do a weekly boxing show and to architect a schedule of fights to be shown.

From what I got told, No one is intrested in the Bunce Boxing hour or in Bunce at the minute. he is doin a Boxing tour around the country and will get some details for people in abit.

Chip2006uk
08-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Its a shame the only free boxing us brits get is KOTV/KOTV classics on Channel 4 and Boxing USA on channel 5. but even these are on at stupid o clock.

Unless something happens 2010 is going to be fairly bad for British boxing

D-MiZe
08-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Yanks don't realise how lucky they are with FNF and WNF.

AndyShitHot
08-31-2009, 11:37 AM
Things are so bad for boxing at the moment, if Sky Sports actually showed any commitment to boxing then I would subscribe but they show minimal interest and at the moment only have 3 scheduled boxing shows coming up, all of those are just domestic Sky Sports Friday Night Fights bouts, they don't show any of the US bouts and at the moment we don't even know what they are doing with Mayweather-Marquez or if they are getting involved in the Super Six. It's pathetic, we need Setanta back but without the football as thats what sent them under, they spent **** loads on it but football fans just resented them for taking away games from Sky Sports.

Lucky Charms
08-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Yanks don't realise how lucky they are with FNF and WNF.

WNF doesn't exist anymore.

Phenomkidd
08-31-2009, 10:40 PM
I don't watch FNF too much over here, is Sky Sports (Friday?) Fight Night comparable?

shade darkar
09-02-2009, 09:04 AM
its just not good enough! it makes me sick when you think that this country would rather watch big brother even when they are all in bed! surely that cant be getting many ratings when they are all sleeping!!!! im sure that more people would stay up to watch boxing than stay up to watch a bunch of muppets sleeping! we need a channel like setanta again, 1 that will draw up a deal with the likes of top rank and golden boy promotions to show fights over here. surely it'd be in promotional companies intrests to show boxing in this country. you'd also think that golden boy promotions should definatly know what boxing is all about over here, with hatton selling 1.4 mil against floyd.

beecherhq
09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Sat 19 Welterweight
Floyd Mayweather Jr v Juan Manuel Marquez
2.00am (Sun) MGM Grand
Las Vegas
Fri 25 European Middleweight Title
Matthew Macklin v Amin Asikainen
10.00pm Manchester Velodrome
Manchester
OCTOBER
Fri 2 Prizefighter
The Heavyweights
8.00pm York Hall
Bethnal Green
Fri 9 Commonwealth Heavyweight Title
Sam Sexton v Martin Rogan
10.00pm Odyssey Arena
Belfast
Fri 16 British Super Bantamweight Title
Jason Booth v Michael Hunter
10.00pm Seaburn Centre
Sunderland

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12947,00.html

New additions to the schedule, happy about Mayweather - Marquez not being on Box Office.

D-MiZe
09-02-2009, 09:45 AM
WNF doesn't exist anymore.

Still, you at least had it at one point.

D-MiZe
09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't watch FNF too much over here, is Sky Sports (Friday?) Fight Night comparable?

Our version of FNF is once every month and it's appalling.

beecherhq
09-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Our version of FNF is once every month and it's appalling.

Manchester
OCTOBER
Fri 2 Prizefighter
The Heavyweights
8.00pm York Hall
Bethnal Green
10.00pm Odyssey Arena
Belfast
10.00pm Seaburn Centre
Sunderland

These friday fight nights are not appalling and are one week after the other.

`STEELHEAD
09-03-2009, 03:17 AM
Manchester
OCTOBER
Fri 2 Prizefighter
The Heavyweights
8.00pm York Hall
Bethnal Green
10.00pm Odyssey Arena
Belfast
10.00pm Seaburn Centre
Sunderland

These friday fight nights are not appalling and are one week after the other.

my godt. poor guys. thats pathetic.

beecherhq
09-03-2009, 04:52 AM
my godt. poor guys. thats pathetic.

I bet you'll be in the limey lounge or in this section offering odds on atleast two of the fights though.:boxing:

Leffe
09-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Things are so bad for boxing at the moment, if Sky Sports actually showed any commitment to boxing then I would subscribe but they show minimal interest and at the moment only have 3 scheduled boxing shows coming up, all of those are just domestic Sky Sports Friday Night Fights bouts, they don't show any of the US bouts and at the moment we don't even know what they are doing with Mayweather-Marquez or if they are getting involved in the Super Six. It's pathetic, we need Setanta back but without the football as thats what sent them under, they spent **** loads on it but football fans just resented them for taking away games from Sky Sports.

I thought Mayweather-Marquez was going to be ppv on boxoffice.

The RealDeal
09-04-2009, 06:20 AM

Aye them arse holes might as well be called Sky Football, they spend all day and all night going on and on about it, regurgitating the same old Football stories over and over again.

I can't stand them. :thumbsdow

Uturn
09-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Really sucks trying to watch boxing here in the UK right now. Setanta were actually descent and showed a fair few fights but now it's gone were ****ed!

AndyShitHot
09-04-2009, 01:28 PM
I thought Mayweather-Marquez was going to be ppv on boxoffice.

Nope it's offically on Sky Sports now at 2am. I don't have Sky Sports so i'm gonna have to stream it now. The Friday Night Fights schedule is looking better than usual with McDermott-Fury, Sexton-Rogan II, Rhodes-Moore and Jennings-Brook all coming up in Sept/Oct but until Sky Sports start committing to more big US Fights especially events like the Super Six Tournament then they won't be seeing any more money from me.

Leffe
09-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Nope it's offically on Sky Sports now at 2am. I don't have Sky Sports so i'm gonna have to stream it now. The Friday Night Fights schedule is looking better than usual with McDermott-Fury, Sexton-Rogan II, Rhodes-Moore and Jennings-Brook all coming up in Sept/Oct but until Sky Sports start committing to more big US Fights especially events like the Super Six Tournament then they won't be seeing any more money from me.

Yer i see it last night.

Although the rest are domestic they have some cracking fights coming up.

Shanks
09-05-2009, 01:12 PM
It's very painful being a boxing fan in the uk at the mo. No outlet for us fans at all

TysonFury_ATG
09-05-2009, 05:08 PM
It's very painful being a boxing fan in the uk at the mo. No outlet for us fans at all

The whole UK boxing scene sucks at the moment, Sky Sports have picked up their game slightly with the quality of FFN cards coming up but the fact that we still don't know who, if anyone, will be showing the Super Six Tournament is actually unbelieveable.

onechance87
09-08-2009, 05:30 AM
WOW i feel bad for u british fans...I thought james degale and other olympians
would bring a demand for boxing there.Are they not that popular?America is trying real hard to find the next boxing star.We wanted medals real bad.. but just got 1 which was the bronze....who is the next great thing in boxing in britan?amir khan...boxing is suffering everywhere...manny is not even american..and he is carring boxing in the usa...gonna be a shame if he really does retire...floyd is popular but not exicting.

Phenomkidd
09-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Uk has:
Sky Sports FNF

US had:
ESPN2 FNF, ESPN Classics, MSG
(Subscription)Showtime, HBO

I don't watch ESPN2 FNF really, ESPN Classics I watch very rarely, I like MSG because they have some documentaries and shows dedicated to past fighters (I'm watching MSG Fight Night Classics: Macho Time at MSG, which shows some Hector Camacho fights with commentary from people in the boxing industry), I haven't subscribed to Showtime or HBO but I usually download their big fights.

It looks like you guys might be getting ESPN FNF boxing over there though (Classics too maybe?).