View Full Version : Random boxing pointers..

jack_the_rippuh
02-20-2005, 07:56 PM
I created this thread for users who would like to share something they learned in boxing what they didn't know before (don't post obvious stuff.)
Random pointers are welcome also...

POST AWAY!!!!!!

I'll go first...

The first thing I like to do in the ring after finding a comfort zone and ranging myself is create an opening for my opponent to throw a lead right(I'm a southpaw..), and then move out of the way and counter with the jab and feint another punch just to see how he likes to move away from punches...

I recommend feinting+jabbing to anyone who likes to box...it works like a charm once you can give your opponent a reason to be weary of getting hit by you..

leff
02-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Ive learnt that it ****ing hurts too be knock to the solar plexus and ive also learned that it helps to put your foot on your opponents foot when your fighting someone small a quikfeeted

zip
02-21-2005, 09:20 AM
err you know that it's against the rules right >_>?

When you go for the liver always try to give one to the kiddney too.

tyson
02-21-2005, 09:24 AM
I've learned that if you punch two really quick shots to the jaw, it will momentarily stun the opponent, leaving him open for a big shot. Doesn't even have to be hard punches, just really quick succession. Almost like you punch with both hands at the same time.

I guess it has to do with the balance-fluid in our ears. If the head twists in two different directions really fast, the balance-fluid is unable to keep up, and we get disoriented and shaky.

Tha Greatest
02-21-2005, 10:55 AM
keep ur snake in the cage a week till ur fight

leff
02-21-2005, 04:10 PM
err you know that it's against the rules right >_>?

When you go for the liver always try to give one to the kiddney too.

Yeah i know the rules ( i was joking).

zip
02-21-2005, 04:22 PM
well we dont always need to follow them :P

Pugnacious_Z
02-22-2005, 02:37 AM
jab hard, right straight hard

Atwa_66
02-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Weaving to the left and bringing a Right Hook to the head is a very powerful punch, because your right is flowing with the momentum of your body. I usually weave when delivering hooks because you are going with body and arm strength. When throwing a hook keep the hand you're not throwing it with in front of your face to prevent a quick jab from your opponent, really works, it did for me

Floydmayweather
02-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Here are several pointers. I am also a southpaw.
Use a faint to set up your oppenent.
Punch through your oppenent
Jab, Jab, Jab
As a southpaw i use the left uppercut it usually is not seen because their lookin for a straight left or hook. I also like to go right to the body slip left and hook to the head.

TruBoricua
02-22-2005, 10:55 PM
a good thing to remember when throwing uppercuts: twist both feet to make sure u get maximum hip rotation. It sounds weird but if u practice it, you'll notice a lot more power in your uppercuts (providing u twist your hips fast also)

Dyl-G
02-23-2005, 07:12 PM
a good thing to remember when throwing uppercuts: twist both feet to make sure u get maximum hip rotation. It sounds weird but if u practice it, you'll notice a lot more power in your uppercuts (providing u twist your hips fast also)

dont twist both feet thatll throw your balance off and leave you facing away from your opponent. you dont wanna twist your feet at all. when you throw and uppercut take left upper for example. you want to lean down and to your left, turning your left shoulder in and your right shoulder towards your left leg. then throw your shoulder and not pivot your feet at all. this way you dont loose balance and still keep all your power.

Yousuf5
02-23-2005, 08:05 PM
thats wierd cuz your method is similar to mine

Dyl-G
02-23-2005, 08:54 PM
thats wierd cuz your method is similar to mine

...............whos?

jack_the_rippuh
02-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Make them lean back when you throw the uppercut on the inside to deliver the straight punch..

jack_the_rippuh
03-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Try this combo:

jab, retreat two steps, throw a lead hand hook to the head, then a lead hand hook to the body. if it lands, retread. then jab to the head, feint the lead hook to the body, and deliver the straight..

tino
03-03-2005, 06:57 PM
jack , i hate those damn soutpaws .

all myskills go to the window against those peasky soutpaw .

to quote christian tiozzo " southpaw are a problem you can solve by beating them till they are KO"

.::EnRiQuE::.
03-03-2005, 08:22 PM
quick jab(left), quick left uppercut, then a hard straight righthand to the jaw. you have to do this very fast. i've knocked down 3ppl doing this, and if you do it fast you won't get countered.

m00ks
03-04-2005, 05:51 PM
I tried in and out yesterday, I pictured a triangle and move along the lines. So basically I had a rythm going along the triangle. While sometimes pump faking the jab while going in then back out, then in with a right to the body. Confused my opponent and it's easy to think defense with that. Or could have been that my opponent was very ****ty lol.

puppy_dogg
03-04-2005, 05:59 PM
i see boxing but i dont know boxing

BOKSukraine
03-05-2005, 05:10 AM
jab hard, right straight hard

All Hail to Master of the Obvious

BrooklynBomber
03-08-2005, 11:10 PM
This may sound weird but against southpaws what worked best for me is right cross while stepping back. Also because I can fight from both stances try to switsh to southpaw throw a couple of jabs than step left while converting to orthodox and throw right cross. Works for me.

jack_the_rippuh
03-08-2005, 11:30 PM
This may sound weird but against southpaws what worked best for me is right cross while stepping back. Also because I can fight from both stances try to switsh to southpaw throw a couple of jabs than step left while converting to orthodox and throw right cross. Works for me.

Kind of a half-jab? Not really thrown as a power punch just to disrupt their timing..

Pinoy_Texan
03-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Don't blow your nose if its broken or your eyes are swelling up. It makes your eyes puffier.

BrooklynBomber
03-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Kind of a half-jab? Not really thrown as a power punch just to disrupt their timing..
I am just a really strong ****er. Its a pretty good move because usually southpaws stumble a bit after that punch and you can follow with a good left hook.

jack_the_rippuh
03-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I am just a really strong ****er. Its a pretty good move because usually southpaws stumble a bit after that punch and you can follow with a good left hook.

Nah, I was just asking. Because for the most part, most of the time when someone throws that lead right as just an arm punch, without putting any weight behind it, it's like a half-jab..

patto1984
03-12-2005, 07:27 AM
pivot off ur lead foot when throwing the lead hook.
when u throw ur right hand move your right foot up as if u were stab kicking a soccer ball.
when fighting a southpaw keep ur front foot outside of theirs so you get the better angles to throw right hands and left hooks.
Try this. jab- right hand (as you throw the right hand bring ur right foot all the way forward so you are then standing as a southpaw)- southpaw left hook. nifty move to convert to southpaw. they probly wont even notice u've turned southpaw till a little while later, thats if they aint KTFO!

jack_the_rippuh
03-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Where did you get that from stickgrappler?
Anytime someone tries that outside foot thing on me I throw cross...

blockburna944
03-13-2005, 10:10 PM
A couple good ones-
if youre fighting someone who likes to get low and go inside on you, jab to his forehead whenever he starts to get low. it will knock his head back which throws off his offense and give you time for combinations.

if youre a righty fighting a lefty and you keep moving left until you hit the ropes, do a quick step back and move to square them against the ropes using right straights. its a little tough to describe, but that gives you a better ring position thats pretty easy to keep because they cant get back to the inside without stepping across your power hand.

mickst3r
03-16-2005, 01:06 AM
what is the solar plexus? i've heard that several times but idk wat it is

Hunna
03-16-2005, 07:07 AM
thats the best advice ive heard in ages, i will definitely use that one! karma to you