View Full Version : ..Personally, How Would You Describe The 'Mexican' Style?...

THe TRiNiTY
07-27-2009, 05:21 AM
You hear about it a lot. That Mexicans have an a-typical style. How would you describe it? I'm just curious.

Grand Champ
07-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Pressurefighter who blocks with his chin. Margarito/Andrade style.

Manny Duckman
07-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Arturo Gatti would be my best definition

Alexandros
07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
ranchera would be mine :D

D-MiZe
07-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Arturo Gatti would be my best definition

A Canadian/Italian with a Mexican style.

:lol1:

I haven't seen anyone, let alone Mexicans - fight like Gatti did.

BoxingChaos
07-27-2009, 12:04 PM
You hear about it a lot. That Mexicans have an a-typical style. How would you describe it? I'm just curious.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkfZwifRYnE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkfZwifRYnE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

:boxing:

rizkybizness
07-27-2009, 12:14 PM
pressure, high work rate, lots of body punching, good to great chin

flat footed, not a lot of slickness, no pretty **** just straight brutality

they bring the heat for all 3 minutes of every round

THe TRiNiTY
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
pressure, high work rate, lots of body punching, good to great chin

flat footed, not a lot of slickness, no pretty **** just straight brutality

they bring the heat for all 3 minutes of every round

So far, I'm leaning towards this one. I realize this is in general, with guys like Marquez and Mijares (even though Cristian apparently sucks now.)

rizkybizness
07-27-2009, 01:54 PM
So far, I'm leaning towards this one. I realize this is in general, with guys like Marquez and Mijares (even though Cristian apparently sucks now.)

lol yeah man, wonder what happened to mijares

THe TRiNiTY
07-27-2009, 02:04 PM
lol yeah man, wonder what happened to mijares

Well, it seems like he wanted to make a statement against Darchinyan and it backfired. THen it seems that he got robbed in his next fight, even though he didn't look too good to begin with.

So, basically what happened to him, is that he sucked for a night, and got ****ed another night.

Sure, it sounds sexy. But it must be ****ty for Cristian right now.

rizkybizness
07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Well, it seems like he wanted to make a statement against Darchinyan and it backfired. THen it seems that he got robbed in his next fight, even though he didn't look too good to begin with.

So, basically what happened to him, is that he sucked for a night, and got ****ed another night.

vic completely starched him that night :blackeye:

he might still be recovering mentally (i didnt see his last fight so i cant really comment)

THe TRiNiTY
07-27-2009, 02:20 PM
vic completely starched him that night :blackeye:

he might still be recovering mentally (i didnt see his last fight so i cant really comment)

Yeah, both guys went in confidently, but only one guy fought the fight he should have. I gained a lot of respect for Vic that day. No one really seemed to give him a chance.

rizkybizness
07-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah, both guys went in confidently, but only one guy fought the fight he should have. I gained a lot of respect for Vic that day. No one really seemed to give him a chance.

mijares looked a little too confident IMO

he couldnt stop smirking on his way to the ring, dude looked like he was about to walk into a room full of virgins ready to suck his **** or something. i remember some woman reached out hugged him and like rubbed his face into her chest/tit area :lol1:

MANGLER
07-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Tough guys who come to fight, never back down, will respond whenever they get pressed.

rizkybizness
07-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Tough guys who come to fight, never back down, will respond whenever they get pressed.

your post lacked mang slang

THe TRiNiTY
07-27-2009, 02:29 PM
mijares looked a little too confident IMO

he couldnt stop smirking on his way to the ring, dude looked like he was about to walk into a room full of virgins ready to suck his **** or something. i remember some woman reached out hugged him and like rubbed his face into her chest/tit area :lol1:

Yeah, he could have looked scared and sad as hell. With the way he fought, it still would have been too confident. That's the point. He was... how do you say in America.... **** that night.

But, I'd have smiled too with my face in some tittitonis.

rizkybizness
07-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah, he could have looked scared and sad as hell. With the way he fought, it still would have been too confident. That's the point. He was... how do you say in America.... **** that night.

But, I'd have smiled too with my face in some tittitonis.

lol oh i know man

it just struck me as funny. his ring entrance reminded me of paul williams' to the first quintana fight

MANGLER
07-27-2009, 02:33 PM
your post lacked mang slang

No need for it here. Mexican fighters are just plain tough. Some are technical boxers, but they always bring the heat in tough fights.

THe TRiNiTY
07-27-2009, 02:36 PM
lol oh i know man

it just struck me as funny. his ring entrance reminded me of paul williams' to the first quintana fight

Yeah. Sadly for Mijares, he ain't knocking out Darchinyan in any rematch. Lol.

Texanballer
07-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Could the stereotypical mexican fighter actually box if he wanted to? Lots of times mexicans say they want to put on a show for the crowd, be warriors etc. Is that by choice or because thats they only way they can fight?

THe TRiNiTY
07-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Could the stereotypical mexican fighter actually box if he wanted to? Lots of times mexicans say they want to put on a show for the crowd, be warriors etc. Is that by choice or because thats they only way they can fight?

I guess it depends on your school of thinking.

On one hand, you could make the argument that once you become TOO accustomed to a certain way of fighting, it's hard to change. During a fight, during a career or for an opponent in particular. But, most solid Mexican fighters understand the basic fundamentals of the game, they just have a certain style to live up to, they feel atleast.

On the other hand, you can look at fighters like Marco Antonio Barrera who did all three changes. He changed his style in fights, for fights and for his career.

It can be done by the best of fighters, of any color though.

Look at a guy like Marquez, he actually went the opposite way. He was a very timid and technical fighter. And while he still is, he has implied a more 'slugging' style recently for several reasons.

Historically you can look back to the early 90's. Chiquita Gonzalez was stopped in his first brutal encounter with Michael Carbajal. Gonzalez was a VERY hard puncher. In his next two fights with him, he used a more technical/slick style to win the return and rubbermatch.

So, I think Mexican fighters are far more versatile then most give them credit for. Nonetheless, a lot of the 'ordinary' fighters do fight in a similar fashion. The great ones are harder to peg.

AntonTheMeh
07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
the mexican style is a myth.plenty of guys fight differently.stereotypes are for people too lazy an/or stupid to want to make a decent point.

THe TRiNiTY
07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
the mexican style is a myth.plenty of guys fight differently.stereotypes are for people too lazy an/or stupid to want to make a decent point.

A lot of Mexican fighters do fight the same, however.

You CAN make a general interpretation of an overall style without being lazy. Quite the opposite, actually.

AntonTheMeh
07-30-2009, 11:58 PM
A lot of Mexican fighters do fight the same, however.

You CAN make a general interpretation of an overall style without being lazy. Quite the opposite, actually.

i don't think so.morales, barrera, sanchez, chavez, napoles all have their own style to me.to say mexican style is pretty ridiculous imo.if there is a certain amount of fighters from the u.s., and there is an equal number of mexican fighters, logic will tell you the majority of all of them (both mex and u.s.)will not be very good(they'll be limited ).the good to great ones for the most part will have there own style.

so how is there a mexican style? wouldn't both sets of fighters be similar because they re limited?

bigsmoothh
03-14-2011, 12:32 AM
to me the term "mexican style" means heart, stamina, and do whatever it takes to please the crowd.

Bababoey970
03-14-2011, 02:17 AM

I thought cristian snagged up a belt didn't he? He might finally have his sh@t together and attempting a comeback.:boxing: