View Full Version : Rocky Juarez

The Italian Stallion
02-19-2005, 12:09 AM
I think he's easily the best featherweight currently, hell, maybe he the best ever.

Atwa_66
02-19-2005, 12:22 AM
I think he's easily the best featherweight currently, hell, maybe he the best ever.
I agree, I really like that guy

Tha Greatest
02-19-2005, 01:02 AM
he's got unfinished business with Zaheer Rahim!

QueenCity
02-19-2005, 01:08 AM

I though Raheem should have won their first fight, I hope a rematch happens in that ESPN PPV.

The Italian Stallion
02-20-2005, 11:17 AM
The dude has a heavy punch, I enjoy his knockouts, they're very amusing.

nezahualcoyotl
02-20-2005, 12:00 PM

Yea, true. Their first fight might as well have been a fatal 3-way match or something. That ref sucked!

Its a good test for Rocky too because we were going to see how he could handle a faster man.

Rocky did rock Zaheer a few times tho, so I think a rematch Rocky wins.

.::|ULTIMATE|::.
02-20-2005, 12:30 PM

Wow i think your overrating him quite a bit man. He hasnt really beaten anyone except Guty Espadas who was over the hill already.

He is still green and in my opinion would probably loose a very lopsided stoppage against Juan Manuel Marquez.

mr. bojangles
02-22-2005, 03:01 AM
Wow i think your overrating him quite a bit man. He hasnt really beaten anyone except Guty Espadas who was over the hill already.

He is still green and in my opinion would probably loose a very lopsided stoppage against Juan Manuel Marquez.

I agree.

I hope Pac fights "the best featherweight" out there named Rocky Juarez. :cool: 'cuz last time I checked 'twas a draw between JMMarquez and Pacquiao.

.::EnRiQuE::.
02-22-2005, 06:59 PM
yea if the ref din't suck and actually knew wat he was doin... Rahim woulda won. i luv watching juarez fight but he's a lil one dimensional. he relies on his power too much. he should try jabbing a lil more often. if he jabbed low then high and followed with right hands he woulda really beat rahim. although juarez won that fight he didn't "beat" rahim

+= El Jefe=+
02-22-2005, 07:25 PM

The best ever???
isnt that exagerating???

Mech.
02-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Rocky's a very entertaining fighter,I think he's awesome, he does look alittle one dimensional tho, it might just be that he's too patient, but then again he dosent really throw in combinaions, so Its maybe just his style, I think he wins the rematch with Zahir tho,with a better ref.I know that might count as an advange to Zahir, but a better ref wouldnt stop it when Rocky gets on the inside and start wacking Raheem, hope it happens,always looking forward to see rocky fight :boxing:

Shaolin Bushido
02-22-2005, 08:38 PM
I think he's easily the best featherweight currently, hell, maybe he the best ever.Exaggeration? Just a bit? (I like him too ... but I haven't seen anything to suggest what you've written.)

loangunZ
02-22-2005, 09:36 PM
does anyone have any of this guys fights?

abdiel2k3
02-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Best Ever?
u must not watch alot of boxing

Sir_Jose
02-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Rocky is GARBAGE. I dont care what anyone says he lost to Raheem.

Best ever? He'll he aint even the best prospect at 126 thats Robert Guerrero.

Chups
02-22-2005, 11:55 PM

NO WAY!! He sux.....INJIN CHI will pound him out of the featherweights for good!! Don't like the bastard. :)

psychopath
02-24-2005, 04:44 PM

Hey Bro . . . I like Rocky Juarez too but to say that he is the best ever is an exageration . . . he has good skills but he is ONLY an UP and coming fighter at this time . . . untested against the elites not to mention his controversial fight with Raheem.

To say that he is the best ever at this time is too much of a HYPE . . . it's a disrespect to the fighters holding the legitimate titles at the division . . . if he can beat Joan Guzman who is another awesome UP and coming fighter and if he can get passed JMM then gets a crack at MAB and Pacman then the results will show who he really is at Featherweight. Don't you think that's sensible? ;)

Kid Achilles
02-25-2005, 12:28 AM
"hell, maybe he the best ever."

Yeah and maybe Angelina Jolie is sucking my dick as I type this.

mic573
02-25-2005, 12:33 AM
NO WAY!! He sux.....INJIN CHI will pound him out of the featherweights for good!! Don't like the bastard. :)

Injin Chi will be beaten by Juarez. He fell in love with his power in his last few fights but I think he will eventually go back to the way he was fighting before.

RwK
02-25-2005, 02:36 AM

I dont think he is even top 5 featherweight.

Jose Rizal
02-25-2005, 06:07 PM

"Easily the best featherweight?" I don't think so man. I think JMM, Pac, even Rafa Marquez (if he moves up) would beat him. Maybe Joan Guzman and Oscar Larios are more his level (if they too move up). He's basically unproven until he faces and defeats more worthy opposition.

Atwa_66
03-09-2005, 12:00 PM
The best ever???
isnt that exagerating???
I don't know, the man has undeniable talent, did you see last fridays fight on espn2? He messed up that guy in a round, and the other man had more expirence, Rocky Juarez is going somewhere with himself, what an excellent fighter.

bigbear
03-09-2005, 01:44 PM
I think he has an excellent future, but I won't put him in with JMM, Pac-man, Barrera & Morales anytime soon.

kapersky
03-10-2005, 01:25 AM
I think he has an excellent future, but I won't put him in with JMM, Pac-man, Barrera & Morales anytime soon.

u got a point

Sinatra.Jr
03-11-2005, 05:58 AM
the best featherweight is not Rocky Juarez .

The Italian Stallion
03-20-2005, 07:54 PM
OK I was over exaggerating. I never knew he went by Ricardo Juarez. He's ranked number eight.

MlLkMan
03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
The best ever???
isnt that exagerating???

far from the best.

sena
03-20-2005, 08:34 PM
No way he's close to being the best. Barrera, Morales, Pacman, and even Scott Harrison and In Jin Chi would give him a run for his money. I think even like some1 said, Joan Guzman and Bantamweight king Rafael Marquez either decision him or knock him out. Remember, Zahir Raheem lost a controversial decision (ok maybe not very controversial but I thought the ref was garbage and you can make a case for a draw)

rsl
03-20-2005, 08:43 PM
I think he has an excellent future, but I won't put him in with JMM, Pac-man, Barrera & Morales anytime soon.I understand where you are coming from but if boxing is a true sport. I mean can you imagine if the Cincinnati Bengals where to call off a game against the New England Patriots because they are afraid that they're gonna get their asses handed to 'em and possibly having their entire roster be on IR for next week. The problem w/ boxing fans in general is they're a bit hypocritical. You have the same fans screaming and demanding for possible great match-ups, but as soon as their favorite fighter might get matched up w/ a top-rated pro like a Tszyu - Gatti, oh well " its just not a good fight for him and they scream "avoid it at all cost" . Sometimes us fans sound more like over-proctective parents not wanting to send our kids to some college far away. Let 'em fight like Tyson said a long time ago They are in the hurt business and no I don't think Juarez would win a rematch w/ Raheem. Raheem's biggest problem is his chin. Other than that Raheem has all the physical tools to Dominate the likes of Pac, Morales, Barrera, and i'd be interesting to see him against Marquez. I think Zaheer is the real odd man out in this division, I mean Pac is quick handed but Zaheer has world class speed, and none of 'em want any part of that.

abdiel2k3
03-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Raheem's biggest problem is his chin. Other than that Raheem has all the physical tools to Dominate the likes of Pac, Morales, Barrera, and i'd be interesting to see him against Marquez. I think Zaheer is the real odd man out in this division, I mean Pac is quick handed but Zaheer has world class speed, and none of 'em want any part of that.
wtf
from one insane suggestion
"Rocky beats all top feathers"
to another
"Zaheer beats all top feathers"