07-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Which is the better game?

THE REED™
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I mean.... really?

KESSLER
07-22-2009, 10:36 AM
I mean.... really?

FNR3 was good, some people like it better than FNR4.

THE REED™
07-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Who?........

KESSLER
07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
!! 2Tough !! said something about he wanted his old FNR3 back, and I've got a friend who likes FNR3 better.

THE REED™
07-22-2009, 10:42 AM
wtf is wrong with people

KESSLER
07-22-2009, 10:44 AM
There is things I liked better about FNR3 too. Like dodging punches, it was easier, you can't really duck in FNR4 .. You just get hit in the face. At least that's my expierence.

THE REED™
07-22-2009, 10:46 AM
seems pretty realisitic to me... if you just duck in front of someone, they are going to hit you in the face.... you cant just duck... you have to time it so that you duck under as they are punching to create a counter punch... its just realistic

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 10:51 AM
seems pretty realisitic to me... if you just duck in front of someone, they are going to hit you in the face.... you cant just duck... you have to time it so that you duck under as they are punching to create a counter punch... <b>its just realistic</b>

what? spamming to the body 1000 times? then throwing a haymaker? then throwing illeagal shots to knock you down?

im sorry i really do disagree!

THE REED™
07-22-2009, 10:56 AM
what? spamming to the body 1000 times? then throwing a haymaker? then throwing illeagal shots to knock you down?

im sorry i really do disagree!

I dont have this problem... so you really do disagree

-Hyperion-
07-22-2009, 11:26 AM
i cant believe people who are supposed to like boxing liked the 3 second freeze parry better.................. :nonono:

-Hyperion-
07-22-2009, 11:28 AM
did i enjoy a game of fnr3?, yes but just to brawl, i saw it more as a fighting game, fnr4 is definatly superior even if it has its flaws...............

THE REED™
07-22-2009, 11:28 AM
i cant believe people who are supposed to like boxing liked the 3 second freeze parry better.................. :nonono:

It's the realism with it... you know when you block a punch you temporarily freeze someone

TRAVI$
07-22-2009, 11:30 AM
The people complaining about FNR4 are the ones who are playing it online...
I stick to Legacy Mode and it's FAR better than FNR3.

THE REED™
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM

agreed....

JmtRyan
07-22-2009, 11:52 AM
How can anyone be choosing fight night 3!?

The Gully Gad
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
FN3 Dosent even come close...I mean i sold that on at gameshop just to get FN4
FN4 better graphics better gameplay its got Tyson Nuff said!

ИATAS
07-22-2009, 01:49 PM
There is things I liked better about FNR3 too. Like dodging punches, it was easier, you can't really duck in FNR4 .. You just get hit in the face. At least that's my expierence.

you just got the game, give it more time and practice.

Before if you were ducking down and stayed down, and your opponent was throwing jabs the jab would go over your head. That's very unrealistic. In real life if your ducking you can still get jabbed in the face. On FN3 that wasn't possible, the only option is to jab to the body.

This game is so more advanced then FN3 it's not even funny. It takes more skill to be a great player. No more stupid parry system that took the fun out the game. All you had to do was Hold Block in one direction and the very least you have a 25% chance of parrying the shot. If your opponent was the least bit predictable you block in a direction, he throws, hits your gloves and he's instantly stunned for 1-2 seconds. Haymaker time!! lol, that **** was ridiculous if you really think about it.

FN3 was awesome for it's time, don't get me wrong, but this is evolution of a boxing game. The game physics alone **** all over FN3. It's amazing to see punches glance the face or shoulder, etc. Punches are actually based on where it lands (for example, temble, chin, cheek, etc.), the momentom of the swing and whether or not your punch/arm is fully extended or not. Not to mention the incredible detail like both fighters arms getting locked/tangled for a moment, etc.

FN3 didn't have any of that - it was punch to the left or right side of face, punch to the left or right side body. There was no detection of where the punch landed (no hit zones on the face), no calculation of momentom of punches, no calculation of if your arm is fully extended, etc etc etc. It was pretty robotic to be honest (compared to FN4).

The career mode was an absolute JOKE on FN3. It was horrible. FN4 is a huge improvement and best of all, the CPU is actually challenging. On Fn3 everyone would go 50-0 with 50 KO's. So boring! Most people on FN4 lose at least a couple fights. Each fight is different, you may score an early KO against one guy, then go the distance against the next. The CPU has all sorts of fighting styles, you might fight a slugger, next fight an elusive, defensive counter puncher! On FN3 all the CPU opponents fought the same thus the 100% KO ratio.

I can go on and on but that should be enough for now.

The only reasons I can see people liking FN3 better is because they were really good at it, and now they either suck or are still adjusting.

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 04:21 PM

yes legacy mode is fantastic.. FNR4 is great..

ONLINE sucks

and so does the movement

Mersey
07-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Online is better than Legacy mode IMO.

The people who complain about it obviously haven't practiced enough. I win most of my fights, especially against spammers.

You just got to box smart, just like in real life. Don't head hunt in every round.

Fn4 is 100x better than FN3 IMO. I can't even think of one thing that is better on FN3 than on FN4.

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Online is better than Legacy mode IMO.

The people who complain about it obviously haven't practiced enough. I win most of my fights, especially against spammers.

You just got to box smart, just like in real life. Don't head hunt in every round.

Fn4 is 100x better than FN3 IMO. I can't even think of one thing that is better on FN3 than on FN4.

thats bull****, who the fu.ck wants to go 12 rounds EVRY fu.ckin fight? gets boring!

ИATAS
07-22-2009, 05:32 PM
thats bull****, who the fu.ck wants to go 12 rounds EVRY fu.ckin fight? gets boring!

who the hell goes 12 rounds every time?

My record is 165-13. I've only gone to a distance 10-11 times total.

Mersey
07-22-2009, 05:36 PM

A big problem with FN3 is that fights ended in the first 3 rounds....

On Fn4 they can be anything from 1-12 rounds. Isn't that more realistic? I hardly go 12 rounds, but sometimes I have a really tough fight and have to.

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 05:39 PM
A big problem with FN3 is that fights ended in the first 3 rounds....

On Fn4 they can be anything from 1-12 rounds. <b>Isn't that more realistic?</b> I hardly go 12 rounds, but sometimes I have a really tough fight and have to.

as ive been saying in my other threads, "ITS ABOUT FUN!", what you are doing is defending the game because you have spent your hard earnt cash on it. Therefore you oblidged to big it up. who the fu.ck wants to go all them rounds with body spammers? 80% of users are body spammers.

Mersey
07-22-2009, 05:41 PM
as ive been saying in my other threads, "ITS ABOUT FUN!", what you are doing is defending the game because you have spent your hard earnt cash on it. Therefore you oblidged to big it up. who the fu.ck wants to go all them rounds with body spammers? 80% of users are body spammers.

The money didn't matter to me, I love the game. I play it most days. IMO realistic is fun, so I think it's more fun than ever.

I usually take out body spammers by round 5 so it doesn't bother me. Spammers are the worst players on the game, and the easiest to beat. Not a problem.

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 05:46 PM
The money didn't matter to me, I love the game. I play it most days. IMO realistic is fun, so I think it's more fun than ever.

I usually take out body spammers by round 5 so it doesn't bother me. Spammers are the worst players on the game, and the easiest to beat. Not a problem.

waiting for ya laddy, regarding my PM..

Mersey
07-22-2009, 05:49 PM
waiting for ya laddy, regarding my PM..

Ahh **** I didn't see that. I'll add ya when I get on the Xbox.

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Ahh **** I didn't see that. I'll add ya when I get on the Xbox.

whens that? now?

Mersey
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM
whens that? now?

Nah I gotta go pick my gf up (she gone to watch Harry P) lol

I'll be on about half hour

#1Assassin
07-22-2009, 05:53 PM

thats cuz it takes timing, skill in other words.

them_apples
07-23-2009, 02:43 AM
!! 2Tough !! said something about he wanted his old FNR3 back, and I've got a friend who likes FNR3 better.

fnr3 has way better game play, but fnr4's visuals are to good to pass up.