View Full Version : Fnr4 rant!!!!!!!!!!!!

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Its ridiculous how many players online that just body spam you until you have no stamina? To be honest it isnít much of a simulation if the other person just exploits a loop hole in the game. EA Sports needs to patch this problem soon, basically if the user 'spamís' to the body then they are penalised with their stamina going drastically down.

IMO the way the fighters move compared to FNR3 has been ruined; I believe there is a glitch with the camera coupled with the fighterís movement as players just seem to be able to cut the ring off with ease, same goes for the CPU.

Another thing that annoys me is, [Lightweight],[middleweight],[heavyweight] for example EA Sports have thrown in 147lb fighters into middleweight and that category contains 168lb fighters. So letís say I pick Ricky Hatton, he is 147lbs but my opponent picks Hagler, My ass is obviously being beat and itís just annoying and stupid to throw weight class ranges.

Ok letís say I want to pick Eddie Chambers for his speed at heavyweight someone will straight away pick Ali because of his rating and will go for body spamming. Annoying!

Another thing is, userís online cheat by throwing an illegal move when you are on the brink of being dropped and they donít get penalised, while you do as you get dropped.

Another thing users do, is watch the replays of you getting dropped, why canít they just press a button to skip? And they seem to watch the ring entrances which are annoying!! Just get on with the f.ukin game!

They should keep the character selection HIDDEN until the fight begins, that way users wonít be able to cheat based on stats of a fighter.

To be honest I might just get fight night round 3 and play that as it was way more satisfying, better ring movement, parrying was really good. Much better game play!!

RANT over...

Post for your views and opinions

-PedoBear-
07-22-2009, 07:36 AM
im with ya man... i quit playin it online a while ago....

-PedoBear-
07-22-2009, 07:51 AM
well... another thing that pissed me off (it might seem minor to you guys) but in regards to it being a real sim game....

when in the career mode... my fighter had a stout chin but still, when picking guys ranked higher than me i would pick those with very low KO numbers.... we're talking guys like 19-6 (2)... and the **** is that one punch in the first 10 seconds and im down... its like what the f*ck??? like getting KTFO in the first ten seconds by paulie f*ckin malignaggi....

the KO #s should represent actual KO power and how the fighter is....

just one of the things that really got me, as stupid as it sounds... one of many though

i expected more

KESSLER
07-22-2009, 08:18 AM
I can't stand the way you're supposed to get up from knockdowns.

Grand Champ
07-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Its ridiculous how many players online that just body spam you until you have no stamina? To be honest it isnít much of a simulation if the other person just exploits a loop hole in the game. EA Sports needs to patch this problem soon, basically if the user 'spamís' to the body then they are penalised with their stamina going drastically down.

IMO the way the fighters move compared to FNR3 has been ruined; I believe there is a glitch with the camera coupled with the fighterís movement as players just seem to be able to cut the ring off with ease, same goes for the CPU.

Another thing that annoys me is, [Lightweight],[middleweight],[heavyweight] for example EA Sports have thrown in 147lb fighters into middleweight and that category contains 168lb fighters. So letís say I pick Ricky Hatton, he is 147lbs but my opponent picks Hagler, My ass is obviously being beat and itís just annoying and stupid to throw weight class ranges.

Ok letís say I want to pick Eddie Chambers for his speed at heavyweight someone will straight away pick Ali because of his rating and will go for body spamming. Annoying!

Another thing is, userís online cheat by throwing an illegal move when you are on the brink of being dropped and they donít get penalised, while you do as you get dropped.

Another thing users do, is watch the replays of you getting dropped, why canít they just press a button to skip? And they seem to watch the ring entrances which are annoying!! Just get on with the f.ukin game!

They should keep the character selection HIDDEN until the fight begins, that way users wonít be able to cheat based on stats of a fighter.

To be honest I might just get fight night round 3 and play that as it was way more satisfying, better ring movement, parrying was really good. Much better game play!!

RANT over...

Post for your views and opinions

That part is what I found the most annoying!

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 09:43 AM
That part is what I found the most annoying!

i think 80% of people feel the same about this game. Its a good game when you 'play it properly' anyone can be a spammer and in doing so takes the fun out of playing the game. Its not a real simulation if someone can just throw 1000 punches to the body and haymaker after haymaker. If you are not going to provide real discussion, i will ban you from this thread.

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 09:47 AM
I can't stand the way you're supposed to get up from knockdowns.

its like a scale to be fair thats not too bad. But its a case of opinion

KESSLER
07-22-2009, 09:52 AM
And Legacy Mode sucks.

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
And Legacy Mode sucks.

yeah the training is SUPER hard and if you tried, you'd probably only get prospect level at best. And it gets boring.

for those who say "its realistic", i say its a damn game!! there should be the FUN factor too.

Grand Champ
07-22-2009, 10:21 AM
i think 80% of people feel the same about this game. Its a good game when you 'play it properly' anyone can be a spammer and in doing so takes the fun out of playing the game. Its not a real simulation if someone can just throw 1000 punches to the body and haymaker after haymaker. If you are not going to provide real discussion, i will ban you from this thread.

Lol, your sensitive ass misinterpreted what I was saying. What I meant was yeah.. That part you wrote which I highlighted is the one I agree with that's the most annoying part of online gaming for FN. Waiting for the other player to watch his replay.

Chill man.

TRAVI$
07-22-2009, 10:30 AM
If you hate Online so much, don't play it?

*2TOUGH*
07-22-2009, 03:18 PM
If you hate Online so much, don't play it?

dont need this ignorant comment. The online play should be IMPROVED. period

body spamming to victory is stupid.

Left2body
07-22-2009, 04:39 PM

Body spammers are not effective at higher skill levels. I haven't faced one person with a really good record or that I had a hard time with that was a body spammer. Once you get better at the game you wont find them hard to beat.

I totally agree here. They should do one of two things. Make new weight classes for online or adjust the ratings to reflect p4p power, speed and chin.

I agree with the illegal blows. Truly flagrant headbutts and low blows should be penalized or at the very least if seen the referee (computer) should stop the action and allow the fouled fighter time to recover. This recover time would allow your health and stamina to come back up and would surely cut down on the damn illegal blows.

However, possibly because I win more than you but I tend to find that I get fouled WAY more when I'm about to KD someone than actually when I'm hurt.

Yeah, its anonoying when the cpu allows them to replay the damn thing 3 times. But again against the better players with many games played they tend to just skip it.

Totally disagree here. They should do what UFC does have a double ready system so that opponents can't fake picking someone then pick someone else i.e. I'm Cotto and opponent seems to be picking Mosley I click ready and they quickly scroll to a MW and press ready leaving me no recourse but to play the game and the severe weight disadvantage or quit.

The parrying system was horrible in FN3 and it pretty much became a parrying fest which wasn't fun at all.